Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it will come with the control panel. The problem with this is if you buy multiples they will all have the same headsculpt. So I will only be getting 1

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

it's gotta come w/ the controls right??

I wouldn't bet on it. Personally I think they won't come with the figure. I know this is only a Proto but the control station looks Like a "one off" display piece to me.

It better come with the controls. But I think it will hit toys have a history of cool display bits and I think the way they have displayed this everywhere like this suggests it is part of it

I Hope you're right. It does look very cool and would lend itself well to a cell block escape diorama. :yess:

I don't think they'd go to the trouble of producing and displaying the control with the figure at every Toy Con if they didn't intend to include them. It's a dio base that adds value to a pretty bare-bones figure. It's their way of justifying the price.

Really nice pics. The helmet does look a little undersized, but it's a really superb looking figure. Can't wait to grab a couple of these guys.:clap

Given the 200.00+ price point this figure will probably have the helmet being undersized makes this a no buy for me sadly. :(

I don't think they'd go to the trouble of producing and displaying the control with the figure at every Toy Con if they didn't intend to include them. It's a dio base that adds value to a pretty bare-bones figure. It's their way of justifying the price.

I hope you are right. I suspect that we may see something similar to Boba Fett where you have the option for the basic figure or the deluxe with the control panels. That'd probably be the best solution, unless they sell the control panels one-off by them selves as environment pieces. Not sure Hot Toys has done that with anything this relatively small though...

I see the control panel being included the same way they added the Jakku theme for the Rey/BB-8 pack or the interrogator droid with Vader. It's an accessory to an otherwise simple figure.

The upcoming Classic Stormtrooper is going to include the Death Star dio wall panel. Hot Toys may just be upping their accessory game, which has been sorely lacking the past couple years.

I really don't see why some people are having such a hard time believing that this will be included. Seems pretty straight forward to me.:dunno

Generally speaking I like the more robust bases, but I think it's just an excuse to charge more for the figures by adding perceived value. And even though These newer bases look decent, I prefer the older, flat, black bases, because they don't draw attention away from the figure.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Generally speaking I like the more robust bases, but I think it's just an excuse to charge more for the figures by adding perceived value. And even though These newer bases look decent, I prefer the older, flat, black bases, because they don't draw attention away from the figure.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Same here. I also prefer the simple black bases instead of these elaborate ones.

I really like the base and hope its included. What I don't like is the placement of the battery compartments. Why couldn't they make only one and put it on the very bottom under the base. Sure you can hide them by displaying the panels backwards with the figure in behind, but then you hide all the nice looking controls.

"They'll never know we're coming.":rotfl Stormtroopers have observation skills to match their aim.

24bugd0.png

Imperial officer with the look of hobo and small girl in ground personel suit. Yeah, they will totally blend in. They are looking like a bad cosplayers.

Lol ill assume theres prob a visor thatll come down on her helmet. Trailer is epic!

Lol ill assume theres prob a visor thatll come down on her helmet. Trailer is epic!

Yeah other than that image (which looks super goofy) and the "another girl who has flashbacks to her parents taken away becomes rebel leader" storyline, the new trailer was awesome - haven't much liked the previous ones.

Yeah other than that image (which looks super goofy) and the "another girl who has flashbacks to her parents taken away becomes rebel leader" storyline, the new trailer was awesome - haven't much liked the previous ones.

I like the new trailer much better too. And yeah that screenshot you posted above is truly terrible. Looks like a couple out of place people in disguise on an 80's sitcom. I am more hopeful for the movie now but still have a bad feeling that a lot of stuff is going to feel forcefully shoehorned in.

Maybe they didn't have the content to show this trailer 3 trailers ago?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Back