Hot Toys Darth Vader : tips , tricks and any other mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, everyone, for the body pics and tips. I’m going to have to try my hand at my ANH Vader before I try to modify my RO.

Does anyone know if Soap replacement works for belt boxes?

Wow, that’s looking really good. Can’t wait to see it when it’s done.
Thanks. It will be ages before I'm done at this rate. I almost gave up and said screw it...keep trying until I run out of material lol. I might need some painting advice from y'all later. That roadblock body looks nice, too. I might have to do something similar because it really fills out the suit better

I don’t have any pics of the modified Roadblock body. I do have a several WIP images from the past couple years of him without his cloak or robes, they provide a good look at the proportions, so they may be helpful to you.

To my eyes there’s no bobble-head issues.

1abcfec646d35712bfa9c4def1b7c591.jpg
b19e37105ebd62326643440fffb1c8e2.jpg

I have these partial pics of the Roadblock body (without the black Kenobi fat-suite which is required).
9f5807dbc85a420e9b7484ee9345f0f9.png
bda22a798b6106e404ef23a4b3772a70.png

4df9ab7cd5bd8f723dbbe79039eeb131.png
9f5807dbc85a420e9b7484ee9345f0f9.png
20b34d1a319ea1a4d5067709489826b8.png
d598959ff4ee6d900d32f403f4806c6f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great posits. How did you get the helmet on that neck? Did you put the Ht neck or use roadblock?

Great posits. How did you get the helmet on that neck? Did you put the Ht neck or use roadblock?

Thanks!

I’m using the Roadblock body. With all the fabric, and the chest armor, It’s a bit of effort to push the head onto the neck joint, but it eventually snaps in.

I’m considering making a magnetic neck joint using strong Neodymium magnets to make it a bit easier without sacrificing articulation.

Thanks, everyone, for the body pics and tips. I’m going to have to try my hand at my ANH Vader before I try to modify my RO.

Does anyone know if Soap replacement works for belt boxes?

I'd like to know as well. Chest box also.

What are 'Soap' boxes? The oversized HT belt boxes bother me as well, but I don't know what 'soap' refers to.

Soap Reactors are a product. Forget the website link.

They are an alternative means to provide power other than the small batteries. Wired boxes that can be integrated into the figures that also offer remote activation. You can find videos on YouTube as well.

Thanks loki. I was hoping 'Soap' referred to some company or source that was producing smaller, in-scale belt boxes.
That said, I wonder if there ARE smaller, lighted belt boxes available from... somewhere.....?
thus my search begins.

Soap Reactors are a product. Forget the website link.

They are an alternative means to provide power other than the small batteries. Wired boxes that can be integrated into the figures that also offer remote activation. You can find videos on YouTube as well.

So how would you order soap reactors?
I did go to their websites awhile back, and indeed, it’s a mess trying to order from it.

I resized the vent to be a bit smaller. From what I read, empire was a bit smaller than rotj. Trying to sand down the edges to be as thin as possible, but it's really slow going and tedious at this scale. Weirdly, the left side looks wonky in the picture, but in person looks straight. The mesh might be a little big, but it's close enough for me

vent3.jpg

I resized the vent to be a bit smaller. From what I read, empire was a bit smaller than rotj. Trying to sand down the edges to be as thin as possible, but it's really slow going and tedious at this scale. Weirdly, the left side looks wonky in the picture, but in person looks straight. The mesh might be a little big, but it's close enough for me

View attachment 431432

Yeah, it does look much better with it a little smaller. this is coming along nicely.

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, it may be a while before I mess with anymore because I got some red dead 2 to play :rotfl

Back