Hot Toys Classic Predator in the works?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hope for a Classic purely because I'm curious as to how HT would handle an old-style Pred with their new build. We've seen the new bodies on the Super-Preds, so it'll be cool to see if/how they apply that concept to Classic. Having the standard dual wrist blades made of real metal would also be nice. And, of course, we can hope they'll redo the head sculpt and possibly add quills like they did with the new ones.

Yes please! I hope this happens:pray:

I like my P1 Pred just fine, but would probably buy a "Classic" Predator figure if he had the more screen accurate body type. That character design is top notch, even if it technically isn't P1. Don't have any interest in the others from that film.

then why not just say that in the first place instead of using the figure to passive-aggressively bash the character you don't like?

you're beating a dead horse now and you still don't get that i don't care if people like the figure or not. but ok.

Calm down. You'll live longer.

+1.
Also, it'll be interesting to see how HT addresses the difference in height between Berserker and Classic. Simply using the Super preds body and legs won't go well with the Freaks.

Since I want this to go with my Dutch it wouldn't bother me if the used the super pred body.

^I think he means the scaley, ridgy skin texture. If you wanna turn it into a P1 or classic, it'd be better to remold something similar, not use the exact same thing.

+1.
Also, it'll be interesting to see how HT addresses the difference in height between Berserker and Classic. Simply using the Super preds body and legs won't go well with the Freaks.

^I think he means the scaley, ridgy skin texture. If you wanna turn it into a P1 or classic, it'd be better to remold something similar, not use the exact same thing.

OK, but I was referring to the height that he mentioned. I like the height difference between Royce and Berserker and wouldn't want a shorter Classic Pred as Dutch is taller then Royce.

My guess is that it'll be a P1, not Classic, with a new body, head sculpt, etc.
If it IS the Classic Predator from Predators I hope they don't make him smaller than the Berserker trio because HT has screwed up the scale so much already that it doesn't really matter.. I just want a nice looking figure at this point.

OK, but I was referring to the height that he mentioned. I like the height difference between Royce and Berserker and wouldn't want a shorter Classic Pred as Dutch is taller then Royce.

Oh yeah, that as well.:monkey3 Same here. Definitely wouldn't like it if they made him shorter.

I'm curious as to how HT would handle an old-style Pred with their new build. We've seen the new bodies on the Super-Preds, so it'll be cool to see if/how they apply that concept to Classic.

They won't. HT already said that the only Predators that will use that body are Berserker, Falconer and Tracker. They also mentioned doing a "Classic" Predator and that it would have an all new body.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how HT addresses the difference in height between Berserker and Classic.

They won't. They didn't even address the difference in height between Berserker, Falconer and Tracker and all their previous Predators. P1 is short just in general. But other than that single figure, every HT Predator is the same exact size height wise. And that height (14") is wrong BTW. They should be 15 1/2 inches tall to be true 1/6 scale. Which would put Berserker, Falconer and Tracker in the 16 1/2 to 17" range to be true to scale considering those Preds are supposed to be larger (according to that POS movie).

My guess is that it'll be a P1, not Classic, with a new body, head sculpt, etc.
If it IS the Classic Predator from Predators I hope they don't make him smaller than the Berserker trio because HT has screwed up the scale so much already that it doesn't really matter.. I just want a nice looking figure at this point.
True. Falconer and Tracker are not suppose to be at the same height as Berserker, but that's just the beginning. ;)

Anyway, even half an inch shorter than Berserker would be cool. That would still put Classic taller than Royce.

They won't. HT already said that the only Predators that will use that body are Berserker, Falconer and Tracker. They also mentioned doing a "Classic" Predator and that it would have an all new body.

That's what I meant. Of course not the same body as the Super Preds :slap, but a new one with the more-concealed joints and such. This is the reason why I thought it would be interesting to see a Classic, since they'd be forced to make still another body.

They won't. They didn't even address the difference in height between Berserker, Falconer and Tracker and all their previous Predators. P1 is short just in general. But other than that single figure, every HT Predator is the same exact size height wise. And that height (14") is wrong BTW. They should be 15 1/2 inches tall to be true 1/6 scale. Which would put Berserker, Falconer and Tracker in the 16 1/2 to 17" range to be true to scale considering those Preds are supposed to be larger (according to that POS movie).

shouldnt the logic be the other way around though? Only the P1 and P2 were truly over 7ft tall in the movie, so that figure is the only one that should be 15.5 in tall, the rest should dwarf them. I have always considered the true height of the actors to represent the true height of the specific Pred being played. They all cant be over 7ft tall. :dunno. Idk, the whole height thing is kind of unoffical i guess, but i think it should be based on the actor in the suit. It would make it a lot easier, but i mean, HT always makes their humans 12in tall, so my argument doesnt matter :lol.

Waiting for this. :)

ilPkHw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back