Hot Toys Classic Predator in the works?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing to say the least. The figure looks great but I really wanted a P1 on the new body.

I feel the same way and I hope on a lot of the detail they didn't look at the Predators suit. The original is far better sculpted with things like the back pack and feet. Hopefully HT knows and I bet they will give us the P1 they should have made two years ago.You can see though they put way more life into this and the left hand has a very real feel to it. Time for HT to go make and right a wrong with the big chap figure. Still though I'm loving the new body sculpt.

I feel the same way and I hope on a lot of the detail they didn't look at the Predators suit. The original is far better sculpted with things like the back pack and feet. Hopefully HT knows and I bet they will give us the P1 they should have made two years ago.

So you think we will get Classic and updated figures later even though Classic and P1 in figure form will be pretty much identical?

All I can say is...

:banana
:banana:banana
:banana:lol:banana
:banana:banana
:banana

I knew I sold that HT P1 for a reason. Needed the money at the time and NECA was putting out a kickass 1/4 figure. I've always said that if HT ends up doing a legitimate Classic, it would be an upgrade and therefore I'd still buy it to display with my Super-Preds. And if not, tough tuchis. Pretty indifferent to the whole thing, so this news is simply pleasant.

The only downside to the sheer amount of kickass-edness that SSC and HT are putting out these days is money. Heh, heh, I think I might actually get out of 7" NECA for good. This new Classic, together with the Shadow Predator, coupled with my goal of collecting the new SSC Alien statue line (first statues I've ever bought), plus the extra space I need for my growing MOTUC line-up (the most addictive and easily-expanding series I've ever had the pleasure of buying) totally justify unloading my NECA schtuff. I'll still buy their 1/4 Preds, if they ever make more. After all, what else am I going to put on that bottom shelf next to the giant Jungle Hunter?

I honestly can't stop laughing right now. This month's been so absurdly awesome that it's almost hilarious. Seriously, I feel kind of drunk at the moment. It's time to sell, sell, sell, but if you stop and think about just HOW big this summer is, it's really funny. We've been getting a ton of announcements so far that are incredibly cool, major improvements on previously-seen characters that we never thought in a million years we'd see. At least, not this soon. :lol

*gets dizzy and faints*

dudes great newssss!!!! classic predator pic hot toys at comic con
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ5y199JB9I"]‪New Hot Toys Figures @ SDCC Ft 1989 Joker Predators Classic Predator & 1989mobile‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

You've seen it. It'll be just like snake because those two Predators have the same head. Lower mandibles are the only different parts.
OOOHH! right. forgot about that. well, it's an improvement... i guess. i'm not crazy about it though.

So you think we will get Classic and updated figures later even though Classic and P1 in figure form will be pretty much identical?

Gosh I would think so. Look at what HT is doing with Batman. Revisit right?
They know what we know at NECA. Predator stuff and Alien seem to sell sell and sell. I know I'll be getting this new piece because the paint and way better body they've done but like many I want the original. I look at the older one and can't get over the body and how thin it is. I've aways thought HT could and should do better with the best ever movie monster stuff and it looks like they know it too. I'm really excited to see what all they'll do. Fingers crossed we'll be doing more 19 inch figures and like I told fans who want our stuff in 1/6th well HT has that covered. I'm looking over at the Falconer now and thinking what a nice piece of art it is and if only they'd give up P1, P2 and a new Elder like this. I bet they will. While their at it the old Wolf is just so skinny for me and a new style I'd want it for sure. The old one was an easy pass for me.

Gosh I would think so. Look at what HT is doing with Batman. Revisit right?
They know what we know at NECA. Predator stuff and Alien seem to sell sell and sell. I know I'll be getting this new piece because the paint and way better body they've done but like many I want the original. I look at the older one and can't get over the body and how thin it is. I've aways thought HT could and should do better with the best ever movie monster stuff and it looks like they know it too. I'm really excited to see what all they'll do. Fingers crossed we'll be doing more 19 inch figures and like I told fans who want our stuff in 1/6th well HT has that covered. I'm looking over at the Falconer now and thinking what a nice piece of art it is and if only they'd give up P1, P2 and a new Elder like this. I bet they will. While their at it the old Wolf is just so skinny for me and a new style I'd want it for sure. The old one was an easy pass for me.

There's too much Predator to process right now, present and future.:panic: :lol

daaaam, now the 1st release hot toy p1 prices are gonna go down

Psst. You should put it on feeBay before the general public knows... :1-1:

Hey, this is a totally open question to everyone: how likely is it that HT will revisit the P2? My battle-damaged figure is cool, but he's been my least favorite for the last few months. Wondering whether or not I should sell him now to make my funding for all this new stuff concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back