Hot Toys Classic Predator in the works?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the classic from predators is released, I think the original P1 will maintain it's price in the market or maybe even go higher. If HT uses a similar body based on the trio, it will have limited articulation unlike the first release where you can do more poses. What do you guys think?

yep. i bet P1 will keep it's value exactly because of it's articulation. new body looks good but i'd rather have the artic

I think it'll keep it's value for the fact that it is the original P1 but not because it'll be more articulated & even though they are very similar they are different characters after all.

What's the difference between Classic Predator and P1?
Aren't they the same thing?

Facepalm.jpg

P1 is the 1987 Predator. However some consider this a 'classic' design, this is what confuses some people.

Classic is the Predator from Predators. He looks very similar to P1. He has a battle damaged mask and lacks the trophy necklaces and is a completely different character from P1. He may be from the same clan/ family/ tribe.

This is Classic:
Classic2.png

Classic3.png

Goose, way to go in attempting to help someone out. :hi5:
By the way, great screen captures. Masked and unmasked.

He does look great in those shots there. However in some shots he does looks slightly off.

I think its from the front. The mask looks too wide:
Classic8.png

From a side angle it doesn't look as wide:
Classic7.png

Looking at those screen caps and watching the film it may be because Royce is in shot with Classic and Royce's head is small. When Berserker and Classic are in the shot together it looks fine:
Classic9.png

Classic10.png

OK I'm done:lol

I'm sure he will make a great display piece.

Last edited:
P1 is the original 1987 Predator design by Stan Winston Studios, featuring 7' 2" Kevin Peter Hall as the Predator (best pred design to date!), and classic is a similar design by who-the-hell-ever featuring 6' 5" Derek Mears (played Jason Voorhees in the 2009 Friday the 13th remake). The P1 stood nearly 7' 6" in costume and had a slender, athletic appearance, where-as the "classic" design doesn't even stand 7' in costume, and looks FAT! Hence, everyone calling him "Fatburn".

*Fatburn- Lawrence Fishburne

Last edited:
He does look great in those shots there. However in some shots he does looks slightly off.

I think its from the front. The mask looks too wide:
Classic8.png

From a side angle it doesn't look as wide:
Classic7.png

Looking at those screen caps and watching the film it may be because Royce is in shot with Classic and Royce's head is small. When Berserker and Classic are in the shot together it looks fine:
Classic9.png

Classic10.png

OK I'm done:lol

I'm sure he will make a great display piece.

Okay, now you're just being lame. You're saying actual screencaps look "off?!" It doesn't look "OFF." That's the mask that was used for Classic. You posted proof of your own counterargument. :lol Classic is not the P1. He's a completely different predator than the P1. You guys need to get over this already. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

P1 is the original 1987 Predator design by Stan Winston Studios, featuring 7' 2" Kevin Peter Hall as the Predator (best pred design to date!), and classic is a similar design by who-the-hell-ever featuring 6' 5" Derek Mears (played Jason Voorhees in the 2009 Friday the 13th remake). The P1 stood nearly 7' 6" in costume and had a slender, athletic appearance, where-as the "classic" design doesn't even stand 7' in costume, and looks FAT! Hence, everyone calling him "Fatburn".

Hey newb? Fatburn is a joke name for Laurence Fishburne because of the big fat gut he had in that flick. Fatburn - Fishburne. See how that works? :lol

Last edited:
Grey goose pictures are all ways welcome....I love recapping on that movie.

Last edited:
Okay, now you're just being lame. You're saying actual screencaps look "off?!" It doesn't look "OFF." That's the mask that was used for Classic. You posted proof of your own counterargument. :lol Classic is not the P1. He's a completely different predator than the P1. You guys need to get over this already. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

When I say OFF, I don't mean off as in P1 and Classic looking alike. I mean as a mask in general. To me, personally.

I know he's different, I posted that afew posts back. I was being helpful towards a fellow boardie.

Mock all you want:nana:

Good day:wave

Last edited:
Just wait until they put up production photos of this guy. Then this will get more interesting.

____! I knew that! Sorry man, getting old, memory is slipping. Hey, but I was right on everything else ....... I think.

Hey newb? Fatburn is a joke name for Laurence Fishburne because of the big fat gut he had in that flick. Fatburn - Fishburne. See how that works? :lol[/QUOTE]

Sorry Nam i didn't see this :1-1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back