Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Youtube is the worst thing to ever happen to figure reviews. I used to only have to put up with pictures of peoples' crap, now I have to listen to their terrible voices and attempts at creating a dramatic soundtrack for camerawork that looks like Michael J. Fox was filming it.

It takes me more time now to find a text review of a figure I'm interested in than anything, because I flat out refuse to watch Youtube reviews. Sigh.

Youtube is the worst thing to ever happen to figure reviews. I used to only have to put up with pictures of peoples' crap, now I have to listen to their terrible voices and attempts at creating a dramatic soundtrack for camerawork that looks like Michael J. Fox was filming it.

It takes me more time now to find a text review of a figure I'm interested in than anything, because I flat out refuse to watch Youtube reviews. Sigh.

You sound like V!c:gah: ..one of him is enough:lol
..but dude if thats how you feel about youtube reviews ..well so be it, but id still say people are happy to see footage of a figure or statue rather then just the pics ...especially if someone is debating whether to throw down some cash on a collectible or not ..i'm sure seeing some actual footage will aid them in there decision more so then just the pics.

You know its easy to avoid video figure reviews ..don't search for them on youtube.

Well, the problem is even if you Google search a review...everything is a video review now! I dunno, I have this strange aversion to actually hearing other collectors talk. I always fear that they're going to sound like Donkey Lips from Salute Your Shorts or something.

Plus I find text reviews more informative because there's no use of, "Uh, uhm, y'know, uhh, oooh hot dogs!" The problem is for every good reviewer, there's 25 Autobotjohns.

I wouldn't even waste time watching youtube reviews. 99% of them are redneck sounding kids that don't have a clue what the difference between junk and quality.

Michael Crawfords site is about it when it comes to reviews.

Well, the problem is even if you Google search a review...everything is a video review now! I dunno, I have this strange aversion to actually hearing other collectors talk. I always fear that they're going to sound like Donkey Lips from Salute Your Shorts or something.

Plus I find text reviews more informative because there's no use of, "Uh, uhm, y'know, uhh, oooh hot dogs!" The problem is for every good reviewer, there's 25 Autobotjohns.

:lol I know what you mean. Some of these guys sound like they really live up to the general stereotype of 'toy collector'.

However there are a few who I actually can stand to watch. And there are positives to seeing footage of a figure instead of just pics. You get a better idea of what its like in-hand, even though its in someone elses hand.

...and ya its for the best ..no one else should be exposed to such awfulness..o here is another video i found of the figure:D.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/XJNSyJPdFAw&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/XJNSyJPdFAw&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
..and sadly it looks better(but still horrible) in this video then the final product he is trying to sell:slap

Well the funny thing is, he's one of your subscribers
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
I hope he does not read your comments about his figure, or thats one sub you have lost
:lol

:lol I know what you mean. Some of these guys sound like they really live up to the general stereotype of 'toy collector'.

However there are a few who I actually can stand to watch. And there are positives to seeing footage of a figure instead of just pics. You get a better idea of what its like in-hand, even though its in someone elses hand.

Very true, it's just hard to find the good ones.

I suppose part of my aversion is because I spent a good portion of my early employment years at Gamestop and Toys R Us, so the last thing I want to hear anybody talk about is toys or games. I don't mind reading about them, but past that, no sir.

Well the funny thing is, he's one of your subscribers
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
I hope he does not read your comments about his figure, or thats one sub you have lost
:lol

Thats because i think i was one of his first subscribers ..at the time i admired the passion he had for his own work and i was happy for him for that ..only recently did i discover the prices he was trying to sell them for ..thats when i decided to really let out what i felt about his work.
I'd keep quite if he were selling them for $30 or something..

No harm in being subbed to me ..he might see the odd hot toy review .. he could learn a thing or two about how to do make figure worth $100+

Thats because i think i was one of his first subscribers ..at the time i admired the passion he had for his own work and i was happy for him for that ..only recently did i discover the prices he was trying to sell them for ..thats when i decided to really let out what i felt about his work.
I'd keep quite if he were selling them for $30 or something..

No harm in being subbed to me ..he might see the odd hot toy review .. he could learn a thing or two about how to do make figure worth $100+

I know, he's quite delusional if thinks that Superman is going to sell at the price he's asking for. :cuckoo:
It also does not help his cause when Les Walker's excellent custom Superman figure video appears at the top of his sidebar

Haha, autobotjohn makes me laugh.:rotfl

I subscribed.:rotfl

Anyway, Petition signed. We need this guy.

I searched ebay for his figure ..could not find it, i wonder is he using only youtube as his only means to sell it..

I wouldn't even waste time watching youtube reviews. 99% of them are redneck sounding kids that don't have a clue what the difference between junk and quality.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Add to that completely ignorant about the products they're reviewing, and that statement's just about perfect.

Stop hating on HillbillyJohn and his review of the most awesomest Adam Goldberg in Prophecy as Superman 1/6 figure ever created.

Stop hating on HillbillyJohn and his review of the most awesomest Adam Goldberg in Prophecy as Superman 1/6 figure ever created.

You gonna back up that post by cracking open your wallet and dropping two Franklins and a Grant for his Adam Goldberg Superman? :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if he finds his way in here. That would make for much lolz.

I haven't laughed as much on You Tube as I have with "Autobot John" trying to make a killing on the ugliest customs I've ever seen in the history of 12" inch figures. Each video is funnier than the last.

You're still overpaying by about $1. ;)

I haven't laughed as much on You Tube as I have with "Autobot John" trying to make a killing on the ugliest customs I've ever seen in the history of 12" inch figures. Each video is funnier than the last.

The absurdity of asking $350 for that.... thing. Even though he dropped it to $250, it would still leave him in unfriendly territory given the resources here to make a more accurate 1:6 with higher quality parts at less than 2/3 the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back