Hot Toys C-3PO (ROTJ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My different Luke's vary in height... He grew in stature throughout the trilogy:D

View attachment 697373
How tall is your Luke farmboy custom?

I only have that HT Luke Bespin in separate parts but I seem to recall I scaled the full/complete figure as pretty much exactly 11" which seemed a smidge short for Luke (ie making him about 5'-6" in total) but I could be wrong on the scaling.

And Daniels has at least another inch (probably 1 1/2") to top of helmet "halo" above the top of his head.

I always thought 3PO in 1/6 needs to be about 11 3/4", or a smidge under.
Luke shouldn’t be any taller than 11.33 inches or 28.77 cm but we all know that HT isn’t consistent with its heights or scale.

3PO shouldn’t be any taller than 11.66 inches tall or 29.21 cm. The Tamashii is 11 11/16” or just shy of 11 3/4” tall so your 11 3/4” assessment is correct.

11 and a quarter
Thanks, so in comparison the stock HT Luke Bespin 2.0 is actually closer to 11 1/2"? Just looked it up and HT lists the Luke Bespin at 28cm, which is prety much exactly 11" (maybe 1/32" over)

I sometimes find it's a bit tricky to measure/compare figure heights because on some figs the positioning of the feet (ie very close together vs a more natural wider stances) can make a subtle but fairly noticeable difference in height whereas with other figs it doesn't seem to have much effect with the exact same leg splay.

Never sure what produces the effect, maybe something to do with the sculpt of the actual soles/heels of the boots/feet - like the wider or more pronounced the "lip" edge of the sole/heel, the more pronounced the height difference is when the feet are splayed vs figs that have little/no lip edge.

You guys were right.
This wouldn't be their last 3PO for a while..
lol!

20240422_083844.jpg

I’m of opposite mindset. This is the 2nd 3PO in less than a year of release. I think HT will make more soon. TPM 25th and ROTS in a couple years for that pristine look (my favorite). They have the molds just different chrome finish and they could knockout different variants. Eventual ESB with detachable limbs/torso and then TFA version as last.
Called it haha. He’ll be the new stormtrooper variant. Give me TC-14 for TPM 25th anniversary.

I currently have the Sideshow C-3PO, am thinking up upgrading. I want a single C-3PO in my OT collection. What do people think is best, the Tamashii Nations C-3PO or this Hot Toys ROTJ version?

I currently have the Sideshow C-3PO, am thinking up upgrading. I want a single C-3PO in my OT collection. What do people think is best, the Tamashii Nations C-3PO or this Hot Toys ROTJ version?
It depends on what your preference is... Clean and shiny or dull and specked? And what you can afford.

Both are great pieces. Tamashii has the better engineering and is all diecast, while HT is only partially diecast but looks more realistic to how Daniels looked in the suit.

I think the ideal 3PO look is ROTS, clean and shiny AF. However, HT nailed the body proportions except the eye size. Overall, the sharpness of HT edges Tama from pics. I haven't received HT ROTJ yet but do have AOTC version and Tama. Amazing figure but its age is showing in accuracy and detail.

Just because several people asked and I didn't see a response... I tried the Cape Cod cloths to remove some of the weathering. I used it on the bottom of the plastic feet and on the die-cast back. There was nothing that came off. The cloth was completely clean, no orange no gold.

No way I'm trying anything stronger than that so looks like I'm stuck with the speckles. It's not horrible but I would have still preferred a more gold finish.

Just because several people asked and I didn't see a response... I tried the Cape Cod cloths to remove some of the weathering. I used it on the bottom of the plastic feet and on the die-cast back. There was nothing that came off. The cloth was completely clean, no orange no gold.

No way I'm trying anything stronger than that so looks like I'm stuck with the speckles. It's not horrible but I would have still preferred a more gold finish.
They did that on purpose to sell us new c3 figures for years to come. There will always be something that makes it just a bit off to keep us coming back for more. It’s an abusive relationship at this point.

Back