1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fighting for those who cannot fight for themselves

45733573_10212742556267180_822944493014614016_n.jpg

I aboslutely LOVE that picture! Well done!
Are you on Facebook? If so, would you be wiling to share that picture in my group?
Thanks

I'm still really loving this figure. Finally picked up a JL harness so I could have it look just a bit more like the standalone movie WW. All I need to do is find a better base so I can ditch that ugly BVS one. And hopefully I can get around to doing the TA conversion with the head I picked up awhile ago.

20181122_104512.jpg

20181122_104336.jpg

Yeah, from all the pics I've seen, I really like the BvS better.
The HS might not be very accurate (but neither is the JL one), but I really like the colors and overall look better. There's something that seems off about the JL figure IMO.

Great pics and cool posing, BTW.

Both sculpts are off. I'll give the edge to the JL sculpt simply because it looks more lifelike, whereas the sculpt for this one looks more doll-like.

I think the body proportions though on this one are better. The legs having a slight inward angle is accurate.

I'm still really loving this figure. Finally picked up a JL harness so I could have it look just a bit more like the standalone movie WW. All I need to do is find a better base so I can ditch that ugly BVS one. And hopefully I can get around to doing the TA conversion with the head I picked up awhile ago.

View attachment 434075

View attachment 434076

Great pose...will steal:lol

Both sculpts are off. I'll give the edge to the JL sculpt simply because it looks more lifelike, whereas the sculpt for this one looks more doll-like.

I think the body proportions though on this one are better. The legs having a slight inward angle is accurate.

Agree about it looking more doll-like, but for me it still gets the edge by being a more attractive and feminine looking sculpt than the JL with its overly angular features and large nose.

Either way though, they're both pretty far off from the real thing. :D

View attachment 434075

View attachment 434076
Where did you get the harness??

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Agree about it looking more doll-like, but for me it still gets the edge by being a more attractive and feminine looking sculpt than the JL with its overly angular features and large nose.

What I've been saying all along also. Agree with all your points.
Although majority of times when it comes to hot Toys, Newer is better...this is an example when it is not.
BvS may look more BARBIEish, but it looks more attractive.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I just received JL WW today and while I do still want to give the edge to the JL sculpt because of it looking more lifelike, the BvS one is definitely more feminine looking, and I want to say that I see more of a hint of Gal in that one than I do the JL one when looking at them side by side in person.

I know the words “pictures don’t do the figure justice” has been coined countless times, but this really is 1 figure so worthy of that tag. She looks fantastic in hand and just feels solid all around.

And it is 1 figure that really benefits from very” little lighting, because just a little bright light (much more harsh lighting) turns the realism off so much that it looks like a doll. I would say she’s a 9/10 for me. Only bummer was she came with a patch of skin paint peeled away on her thigh right out of the box..

Here’s my contribution in the form of a crappy cell phone pic :

new.jpg

Not sure if most of the guys are still following this thread...
I just went through some of the heated discussion back in mid to end 2017 when we had the sneakpeek of the figure..
Arguments on the headsculpt from PO photos, then the sneakpeek, then the blogger photo.. then the guys having it on hand...
hahaha.. it was intense.

Actually so far, this is the most interesting, fun and exciting thread that I've participated on a HT.....

Not sure if most of the guys are still following this thread...
I just went through some of the heated discussion back in mid to end 2017 when we had the sneakpeek of the figure..
Arguments on the headsculpt from PO photos, then the sneakpeek, then the blogger photo.. then the guys having it on hand...
hahaha.. it was intense.

Actually so far, this is the most interesting, fun and exciting thread that I've participated on a HT.....

Did you follow any of the IW Captain America discussion? Some of the critiques of that figure's headsculpt were quite entertaining. IDK, I think some people's expectations are a bit unrealistic - i.e., if these things don't look exactly like the actor/actress, they get so upset you worry they're going to have aneurysms.

Did you follow any of the IW Captain America discussion? Some of the critiques of that figure's headsculpt were quite entertaining. IDK, I think some people's expectations are a bit unrealistic - i.e., if these things don't look exactly like the actor/actress, they get so upset you worry they're going to have aneurysms.
Oh.. interesting chat there?? Let me get over there as well.. [emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back