1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"It's our sacred duty to defend the world, and that's what I'm going to do." [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]
Instagram.com/I_am_toys
98d67c39fb271040d3fd383fcda6b654.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I think they should give the solo movie figure sculpted hair for the people who want that, and then give the Justice League version a normal jointed body for the people who don't need seamless. It makes everyone happy and gives people more reason to buy since it's not all the same figure.

As I suggested last night wouldn't it make more sense to give the solo movie figure a normal jointed body. That way at least those who hate seeing joints could cover them with the cloak.
WonderWoman2.jpg

A version in her civilian gear would be pretty cool to and again allow the joints to be hidden.
Wonder-Woman-Alley-Clip.jpg

Except the screen shot I used was from BVS :)

Ok maybe I am wrong about how she looks in different films. It must be the angle then and lighting that is creating shadows covering up the jawline because its more defined in these pics here.

Batman-Superman-figurino_diana-prince.jpg

wonder_woman_gal_gadot_0.jpg

Regardless, the face shape on the sculpt is still accurate, the shape of her face should not be oval, her jawline should get narrower as it reaches the chin, thus, creating a square jaw line, which an oval face lacks. Here is a picture from the WW movie, as you can see the shape of the face is still the same, she still has a square jawline, thus, the shape on the face on the WW BVS sculpt is accurate.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
"It's our sacred duty to defend the world, and that's what I'm going to do." [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]
Instagram.com/I_am_toys
98d67c39fb271040d3fd383fcda6b654.jpg

That right there is my favorite pic I've seen. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm stealing that pose by the way when I get mine!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree with Dean's assessment of the sculpt, there's something off, just can't pinpoint it. The funny thing is that I loved the original prototype, the HS wasn't perfect, but the overall figure was gorgeous. Now all I do is compare the TA sculpt to this one and I feel cheated, as I said before. Still getting the figure though and probably the next armored version lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ok maybe I am wrong about how she looks in different films. It must be the angle then and lighting that is creating shadows covering up the jawline because its more defined in these pics here.

Regardless, the face shape on the sculpt is still accurate, the shape of her face should not be oval, her jawline should get narrower as it reaches the chin, thus, creating a square jaw line, which an oval face lacks. Here is a picture from the WW movie, as you can see the shape of the face is still the same, she still has a square jawline, thus, the shape on the face on the WW BVS sculpt is accurate.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. It's hard to get good comparisons as you have different lenses, focal points, angles, lighting, makeup all come into effect. Here's a comparison to your last picture, which shows a pretty good match. If anything, maybe the nose just a hair wider and the lips bigger? Also looks like you see more of her upper eye lid in real life.
Still love it and just don't understand when people say it looks nothing like her.
comp3.jpg
Also is there a reason for sculpting the heads when I would assume they had to have scanned her head for digital replacement. Can Hot Toys just not get the files?

Yeah, I see what you are saying. It's hard to get good comparisons as you have different lenses, focal points, angles, lighting, makeup all come into effect. Here's a comparison to your last picture, which shows a pretty good match. If anything, maybe the nose just a hair wider and the lips bigger?

Yes all those are the things u mention are noticeably off on the BVS sculpt, but the lips on the training sculpt should also be bigger and much thicker, yet that sculpt looks spot on. The real problem with the BVS sculpt is that facial bone structure is out of proportion.

Also looks like you see more of her upper eye lid in real life.

This actually depends on her expression. Here u can't notice her eyelids.

mulher_maravilha_2.jpg

However, given the expression on the BVS sculpt you should be able to notice her eye lids.

Still love it and just don't understand when people say it looks nothing like her.
View attachment 351358

I don't know sometimes I feel that away, especially since I know a lot of things that are off on it, but yeah I can still see a resemblance in that comparison pic.

Also is there a reason for sculpting the heads when I would assume they had to have scanned her head for digital replacement. Can Hot Toys just not get the files?

I think they just prefer to sculpt heads manually, to show off their talent.

Perhaps compare the BvS sculpt to the WW training sculpt. That one is spot on. Might be better to compare from a product-product point of view.

Way a head of you. :wink1:

training vs WW.jpg

You can see that the nose is too narrow on the BVS sculpt when you compare it to the training one. Also the eyes are too close together on the BVS one.

Last edited:
Love the figure. I misspeak towards the end of the video when talking about extending the leg 90 degrees, I mean "bend" 90 degrees. Who knows where the hell else I misspoke. It's been a long day. Lol.

Great review, I love how honest you are about collectors and collecting. The information you provided was really good.

Excellent job! :duff :hi5:

Great review, I love how honest you are about collectors and collecting. The information you provided was really good.

Excellent job! :duff :hi5:

Thanks man. I tend not to have a filter. As you can see I already have a new fan. Lol. Apparently I offended him or he had a dream that I touched him inappropriately. Lol.

59f9bfb86871f51f52ef7ef42e9f8559.jpg

Thanks man. I tend not to have a filter. As you can see I already have a new fan. Lol. Apparently I offended him or he had a dream that I touched him inappropriately. Lol.

He hated it that much he watched the entire thing. :lol

Apparently I offended him or he had a dream that I touched him inappropriately. Lol.

The irony here, is that he is complaining about what you said, yet the take home message I got from watching your video was that people should just chill and not stress over things people complain about, not what they should or shouldn't complain about.

Last edited:
The irony here, is that he is complaining about what you said, yet the take home message I got from watching your video was that people should just chill and not stress over things people complain about, not what they should or shouldn't complain about.
Exactly. Lol. I guess some people only hear what they want to hear sometimes.

He hated it that much he watched the entire thing. :lol

My reviews must be like a booty call. You don't really want a relationship, but you follow through to the end result anyway. Lol

Back