1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys need to think about what sculpted hair means.

her hair is long.

HT avoid doing long sculpted hair because it hinders articulation and looks like a bunch of plastic noodles.

you guys need to think about what sculpted hair means.

her hair is long.

HT avoid doing long sculpted hair because it hinders articulation and looks like a bunch of plastic noodles.

Harley's hair isnt exactly short, I know its kinda tied up and not down her back like WW but it looks really good...not like plastic noodles

harley's hair is tied up and not loose like ww so it doesn't have the option to look like plastic noodles.

I can't see this sculpt looking good with sculpted hair personally. There's always exceptions to each gender, but I generally just follow the Barbie and Ken rule: Sculpted hair for males and rooted hair for females.

Yeah I prefer rooted hair for female figures. Only exceptions are if the hair really doesn't work to do rooted like Leia's bun look from A New Hope or Harley.

Yeah I prefer rooted hair for female figures. Only exceptions are if the hair really doesn't work to do rooted like Leia's bun look from A New Hope or Harley.

Good examples for exceptions with females.

The only example for male figures I can think of is Thor. Although I think there's pros and cons with his long hair that is still sculpted hair. The good thing about it is that the sculpted hair tends to capture the wet, grungy, matted, dirty look that his hair has. A lot of the custom rooted hair sculpts I've seen look good, but they just don't quite capture that look and are too blonde. However, the negative with the sculpted hair for him is that when you turn the sculpt, it causes the hair on either side to raise up off of the body in one mass and looks a bit odd.

I can't think of any other HT male figures off of the top of my head that have rooted hair.

I can't think of any other HT male figures off of the top of my head that have rooted hair.

Do these count? :lol

Hot-Toys-Civil-War-Captain-America-Steve-font-b-Iron-b-font-font-b-Man-b.jpg

monkey07.jpg

Thanks to the good will of Lee from The Good The Bad and The Robots I was able to switch a pre-order to this figure so it looks like I will be getting her afterall. Despite my carefully laid plans to just get Batman from this line and skip the rest I've caved on Superman and Wonder Woman :lol This hobby is more addictive than I bargained for!

Thanks to the good will of Lee from The Good The Bad and The Robots I was able to switch a pre-order to this figure so it looks like I will be getting her afterall. Despite my carefully laid plans to just get Batman from this line and skip the rest I've caved on Superman and Wonder Woman [emoji38] This hobby is more addictive than I bargained for!

Nice.. Welcome to the club... I had all 3 PO-ed just by looking at photos.. :D

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping that we see an improved version of this at Toy Soul, better facial scan and in an actual action pose.

I'm not. Because I'm hoping she's already at SSC by then. :lol

Which means she'd need to release in the next week or so in order for that to happen.

I'm not. Because I'm hoping she's already at SSC by then. :lol

Which means she'd need to release in the next week or so in order for that to happen.

Every week I think this will be the week she's released...surely it has to be soon. Having caved and joined the pre-order list I now have more than a passing interest :lol If I don't love the sculpt, and often these things look a lot better in hand, she can be a placeholder until the next WW release.

Back