1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you remove the head band and show the head sculpt to someone who doesn't know who she's supposed to be do you think they'll say: "hey that's Wonder Woman from BVS"?
I think not.
I bought all the BVS figures so far except this one, they're gonna have to dramatically improve it for me to change my mind.

Hmm, according to comicbookmovie this was the actual headshot used for the HT sculpt, and it does appear to be the best match yet for the expression.

I'd say it's pretty damn close myself. Just needs some thicker eyebrows.

Capturedss.JPG

gffgffh.JPG

Pretty close indeed. Everything else is excellent, but it's just the eye area that could use a little altering to me. The eyebrows as you mentioned can apparently stand to be a bit thicker and the eyes have always seemed a bit too round to me and can stand to be a bit more slanted ever so slightly.

The lighting at that Batman event was terrible, you'd think HT would have better lighting at their own event.

The lighting at that Batman event was terrible, you'd think HT would have better lighting at their own event.
I thought it was the venue's lighting? Aren't they just temporarily leasing the place for the event?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Has any one commented on how her skin looks too anime-ish? It looks too Barbie colored... This character should convey more of a "I'm a bad ass, strong woman" vs. this delicate womanesque color and appearance.

Not a buy for me. Hopefully a dedicated WW movie figure will come out with these attributes -- I could only hope.

Hmm, according to comicbookmovie this was the actual headshot used for the HT sculpt, and it does appear to be the best match yet for the expression.

View attachment 293130

View attachment 293140

Hmmm...

The shape of the eyes is wrong, as well as the overall shape of the head, especially around the jaw. The eyebrows are the least of the problems judging from that comparison.

View attachment 293130

View attachment 293140

I don't know. I look at that and see big differences in eyebrows, eye snap and angle, nose, and lips. Skin tone doesn't seem right, but that may be lighting. I'm all in for this, but it could definitely use a lot of improvement.

i sooooo want this figure to be great and I'm hoping they show is in the next 14 days. I have knightmare batman coming soon. and its either this or armored batman. I don't really want to cancel my armored batman before seeing this as it might sell out. hmmmmmmmm decisions......

Amazing likeness!!!!! All in the eye of the beholder I guess! I just see Wonder Woman from Batman V Superman!

I don't know. I look at that and see big differences in eyebrows, eye snap and angle, nose, and lips. Skin tone doesn't seem right, but that may be lighting. I'm all in for this, but it could definitely use a lot of improvement.

Yeah I agree the eyes could be angled just a bit more, and the chin might be a bit long, but it's hardly killing the likeness for me. And is at least as close as most of HT's other over-idealized sculpts that people seem perfectly fine with in here.

Isn't that the 1:1 scale from that event?

Nah the full scale WW looks a bit different from this.

Here are 2 pics I took from at a different angle. I think she looks better looking from top down.
I'm sure it's the lighting that's messing up the look but again, this is not the final product.

View attachment 292930
View attachment 292931

video:

The lighting is too bright. I'm pretty sure it's the lighting that's making the image distorted as well as the angle lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That does not capture Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.
Eyes, eyebrows, mouth etc... are off, and it's not just the paint app.
So far the BVS figures are stellar but the truth is that the Superman and Wonder Woman head sculpts are off while Affleck is perfectly recognizable with just the mouth plates.

That does not capture Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.
Eyes, eyebrows, mouth etc... are off, and it's not just the paint app.
So far the BVS figures are stellar but the truth is that the Superman and Wonder Woman head sculpts are off while Affleck is perfectly recognizable with just the mouth plates.

0681367ff71bf448fdc9775a424b1d8e.jpg

Looks fine to me.

0681367ff71bf448fdc9775a424b1d8e.jpg

Looks fine to me.

Sure it looks fine and it's a great photo taken at the most flattering angle but that's not Cavill.
The eyes are different, the mouth looks somewhat pouty, the nose is too big, the shape of the face is off etc...
The MOS head sculpt looks more like Cavill.
Picture%205_zps6au7zhrz.png

Sure it looks fine and it's a great photo taken at the most flattering angle but that's not Cavill.
The eyes are different, the mouth looks somewhat pouty, the nose is too big, the shape of the face is off etc...

Flattering angle ? Lol
Anyway the BvS HS is a lot more Cavill then the MOS version. Even in the pics u uploaded comparing them

ecb1bb55a2b0d265a7324ab8cb7eff80.jpg

=)

Back