1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt is close but too soft in general, just needs a bit more tweaking to really nail Gadot's likeness.

Despite the reviews, I hope it's epic seeing the trinity finally assembled. Seeing the movie tonight!
Do people even care about reviews anymore?

I mean, this isn't a Dumb and Dumber sequel trying to bridge a comedic gap of 20 years. This is a current and direct sequel to arguably (har har) the best Superman movie of our time.

Honestly, zero ****s given about what anyone has to say about movies or games or anything really these days. Unless I know the person in some way or another.

Do people even care about reviews anymore?

I mean, this isn't a Dumb and Dumber sequel trying to bridge a comedic gap of 20 years. This is a current and direct sequel to arguably (har har) the best Superman movie of our time.

Honestly, zero ****s given about what anyone has to say about movies or games or anything really these days. Unless I know the person in some way or another.

I had some friends who went to the early Imax fan screening who were not very complimentary about the flick. Personally, when I go to a super hero movie, I just want to have a good time. I want fun escapism. It's a bit disheartening seeing this movie get torn apart, but I will see for myself tonight.

Yeah, I'm just gonna say, I enjoyed the first Punisher and the first Fantastic Four. The first Hulk wasn't that bad either.

In fact, the only comic book films I really don't like are Batman and Robin, Ghost Rider and Elektra. Daredevil was tolerable. I'm not gonna say I'm easy to please, I'm just not a special snowflake *******. Lol.

Yeah, I'm just gonna say, I enjoyed the first Punisher...

The first Punisher had balls.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I preferred War Zone.

Just like the threads ppl make about "help me figure out which figure to buy next" etc. I don't understand why folks let other people they've never met or know make decisions for you. At least for things like this. Most of the time, I like or even love movies that reviewers wale on. I see what I want and if I don't like it, well that just means I won't be buying the home video version :dunno: But I went in with a mostly open mind and only my opinions based on what I've seen (trailers, clips, etc.)

The first Punisher had balls.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I preferred War Zone.
I was speaking of the Tom Jane film. I consider it a prequel to the War Zone movie, whatever the case may be.

But yeah, the Dolph flick was decent too, for its time.
Just like the threads ppl make about "help me figure out which figure to buy next" etc. I don't understand why folks let other people they've never met or know make decisions for you. At least for things like this. Most of the time, I like or even love movies that reviewers wale on. I see what I want and if I don't like it, well that just means I won't be buying the home video version :dunno: But I went in with a mostly open mind and only my opinions based on what I've seen (trailers, clips, etc.)
I believe those people you speak of are called sheeple. Too low of self esteem to find worth in things of their own accord. Or too scared to like something that isn't "cool." They're cousin to the same sad little minds that feel they need to justify their purchase of console or whatever by presuming to bash everyone who owns or speaks of the "competition."

"First world problems"

I was speaking of the Tom Jane film. I consider it a prequel to the War Zone movie, whatever the case may be.

I thought you were. The Tom Jane one was good.

As for this Wonder Woman figure... I like the look of her. Nothing else from this film has remotely tempted me but I could see her joining my 'Nolan era' figures.

HI RES pg 27 post #264

up_4.jpg

I'm no Hot Toys collector, but I've collected figures based on real actors all my life, so I know what I'm talking about:

I'm using this Wonder Woman photo to compare them:

rs_634x778-151121115003-634-gal-gadot-wonder-woman-112115.jpg

Things I think are throwing it off:

#1 - the eyebrows. Gal has thick eyebrows. Figure needs to have its eyebrows repainted.
#2 - the mouth. The figure needs some work around the mouth to highlight it - especially on the upper lips. I'd say a soft, shadow-like painting.

I could care less if they fix her face or not to be honest. Just glad she's finally being released and can get by with an "almost nailed it" look. However, I will say if anyone wants to make a Gilly custom from Game of Thrones, if you add buck teeth then this will work for you.

The HS is just not good enough. Shape of the face is wrong, eyebrows and mouth. It's not bad it's just not good either. Pass for me, but congrats to everyone who is ecstatic about this.

The HS is just not good enough. Shape of the face is wrong, eyebrows and mouth. It's not bad it's just not good either. Pass for me, but congrats to everyone who is ecstatic about this.

And this is how you diplomatically state your opinion. :clap

Some will like it, some won't. Doesn't mean either one is right or wrong.

This will be my first female HT purchase...hopefully it's seemless body.

I will wait for in hand pics before ordering. I don't want to start flex payments then find out Hot Toys pulled a switch and decided to use a body with ugly visible joints.

Back