1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the head sculpt, it seems pretty, but something seems off to me regarding likeness. Not sure what.

Every time a figure is announced, people complain and ***** about how messed up some detail is. Then when it finally ships, everyone raves about how amazing it is in hand.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Every time a figure is announced, people complain and ***** about how messed up some detail is. Then when it finally ships, everyone raves about how amazing it is in hand.

Every.

Single.

Time.

That is the gist of this forum...same old same old

Exactly, DS.

When you purchase a figure, the only person whose collection it's going into, is yours. So all that matters is if it looks good to you or not. Don't let others' opinions dictate what looks good to you or not based on what does or doesn't look good to them.

Their opinions aren't any more or less valid than yours.

Agreed and well said. :duff

Every.

Single.

Time.

Of course, Welcome to Sideshow Freaks. :lol

This is one that I didn't want to want... I want it!!
If the three characters shown so far from HT, this is the only one that made me say 'wow' out loud when I saw it.

Every.

Single.

Time.

:exactly:

Like I stated before, I can't wait for next week when people are raving about how great the sculpt looks; just like how they did with BvS Supes when the sculpt received nothing but criticism when the figure was first shown, then received nothing but praise the following week. :lol

Agreed and well said. :duff

Thanks! :duff

While a beautiful Barbie figure, it looks nothing like the gorgeous Gadot, you are right.

And that dead stare as if she was to hypnotize you..."look into my eyes"...

If I had a daughter, maybe I'll buy it.

Gorgeous? I don't know what some of you are seeing. She is not gorgeous by Hollywood standards.

Every.

Single.

Time.
I believe the reason for this is that portrait of this figures are blown up almost to a 1:1 scale and the things that are a bit off; i.e. needs a slightly fuller lips or maybe slightly lower the eyebrows are magnified and I am not sure that people realize that they are talking about a difference of .5 millimeters or even less in actual size. That's not even accounting for light sources and shadowing and then you put on the angles and photoshops, to add or subtract to the likeness. And then once a collector has it in hand, in actual scale it's fairly hard to see those small differences.

In my point of view, the likeness is very, very good. And like someone said earlier all that matters to me is my personal opinion and likewise for every collector here. Having said that, I also take into account that these are promotional photos and that the production work may differ but for right now this is an instant buy for me.

I am also going to invest in a Phicen stainless steel body. It will add to the overall cost but this figure, I think will demand it. That cross armed photo is not even an issue with a phicen body.

This gives me hope for a possible awesome Psylocke figure if HT is ever going to release someone other than Wolvie...

Gorgeous? I don't know what some of you are seeing. She is not gorgeous by Hollywood standards.

I'd like to see a picture of your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend before you open your mouth about a girl like that not being gorgeous.

I triple dare you.

She is really gorgeous

I'm happy to see the wonder woman made from this movie. I saw a statue made by I think sideshow collectibles that I might have gotten if it were cheaper so I can just buy this now if I want a Wonder woman to display. Her boots are kewl

I'd like to see a picture of your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend before you open your mouth about a girl like that not being gorgeous.

I triple dare you.

Well in his defense, he did say "Hollywood standards". I personally think GG is very attractive, every for Hollywood standards, but that doesn't mean I think that everyone else should too.

There's some celebrities that the majority of guys seem to find really attractive, that I personally don't.

Then again, I don't feel the need to go out of my way to point it out. :lol

I triple dare you.

andy2.gif

I triple dare you.

I agree- big mouths with nothing to back them up:lol

She's gorgeous!

Really? To each his own I guess. I keep seeing her in interviews and such, and I think she's gorgeous. I don't even know what Hollywood standards means, there's plenty of actresses that aren't attractive at all. Gal is not one of them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The realism factor is off the charts with this one and right where i expected HT to be in 2016 back in 2012. Too bad the final product won't deliver.

Back