1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a weirdo loser who buy these figures to play with. I feel sorry for those people.

So a guy who buys dolls and plays with them be all like...

35194-nintendo_nerd.jpg

...and a guy who buys dolls and doesn't play with them be like...

David_Beckham.jpg

gotcha :wink1:

Hell no! Go buy a Neca. Exposed joints would make this figure look like cheap garbage.

Respectfully I have to disagree as well. Figures that can't be posed long term hold no use for me, and the rubber nature of the "skin" make it likely to stretch, crack and split or puncture if help in an action pose for too long (see Gamora). If I wanted a static museum post, i'd get a statue and if done right...joints don't have to look that intrusive. Thanks just me opinion.

NECA comes with visible joints and articulation is much more limited than HT. HT using a better rubber now for seamless joints, keep comparing it with older release like Leonidas or Chris Redfield just ridiculous. Hulk, Gamora, Thor and John Matrix seems fine. Anyway I am particularly blown away with Phicen seamless body, super poseable and sturdy, I just wish they come with better license

Is it possible for a figure to have a close likeness to the person it's based on, but actually look a bit better? Don't get me wrong, I think Gal Gadot is beautiful, but her Hot Toys likeness looks like an angel!

Is it possible for a figure to have a close likeness to the person it's based on, but actually look a bit better? Don't get me wrong, I think Gal Gadot is beautiful, but her Hot Toys likeness looks like an angel!

I find the likeness in her figure not as attractive as Gal :lol

This HT 1/6 is so much prettier than the SS 1/4 PF; much sexier, Gadot likeness or not. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I was convinced her skin won't crack in a couple of years.

I'm getting her even if it means she'll be on static pose. Getting the play arts kai one to put into extreme poses.

Barbie has really good head sculpt . I have seen repaint of her and it was awesome, looked as GAL lot. I think HT version should lost 10 KGs she looks somehow fat for me. especially face

Yeah, she looks like a chubby chick to me too. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so she will match with the Batman figure.:lol

Pre-ordered this **** before I left for work. Now the long wait for all these freakin' figures to release, collect my rewards and then pre-order the inevitable Harley Quinn. Woohoo!

The likeness is good enough for me and I trust that Hot Toys will do some tweaks before release.

Here are my thoughts:
1. I can see where people might not like the sculpt. It does look soft. She should have a hard expression. Like at the end of the trailer when she peeks out from behind her shield.
2. Price is pretty steep. Then again it's the first HT Wonder Woman and first film appearance. It's just hard to believe this costs more than the IM MKVII which came with more accessories, and light up features. Costs more than the Batman DX09, which is DX and a lot more accessories with moving eyes and light up stand. Costs more than Avengers Loki and Thor. I guess the hair would jack up the price.
3. May wait for her solo film figure because I'd want her own stand, one with her logo, not Batman and Superman logo. I woudn't mind a Justice League logo.
4. Also I can't get over her with sword and shield. She looks like Xena or a gladiator or something with the harness etc. I always pictured her with just her Lasso of Truth, bracelets, and boomerang headband. i will porbably pose her without the sword, shield, and harness.

7d0e5c6e70ef6a1560a51765a3aa06e6.jpg
preordered and set. I wonder if they'll be releasing an Aquaman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, this is by no means perfect but I keep coming back to the page to look at this figure. If it looks like this (or even better), it will stand out for me. She looks so imposing, though the female blank expressions drive me nuts...this one does have some emotion with the expression, though not much, it's more than say WS Black Widow, which I like that figure. The articulation doesn't really bother me either as I think some of the statue, type poses are what I'm going with anyway with this one.

Back