1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, those last few pictures from people have me wondering do I get this one of the JL one? I have the comic version.

^Well,I like it better but neither one are ideal really. Hopefully 84 gets it right.

^Well,I like it better but neither one are ideal really. Hopefully 84 gets it right.

:lol

What are you all smoking? I’ve got 2 of the TA versions (headsculpt plus sword and shield) to “beef up” the JL Deluxe Version with cloak, sword, shield and head to look like WW OG and using the JL headsculpt on the BvS WW to get rid of Gal Cartoon! I’m obviously happy with the TA headsculpt but for rooted hair, the JL headsculpt is a million times better than BvS.

What are you all smoking? I’ve got 2 of the TA versions (headsculpt plus sword and shield) to “beef up” the JL Deluxe Version with cloak, sword, shield and head to look like WW OG and using the JL headsculpt on the BvS WW to get rid of Gal Cartoon! I’m obviously happy with the TA headsculpt but for rooted hair, the JL headsculpt is a million times better than BvS.

No it's not, neither look like gal

From some angles.. the resemblance is there..
Well. I am happy enough not to fork out cash for JL ver.
57aaf80248fe01ddbb2a3463b4794a1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Well, here's a thread for you then.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...182-hot-toys-justice-league-wonder-woman.html

I've seen the JL version at a comic book store close to home, and I'm not too crazy about it.
I know sometimes,you have to see a figure in hand to really see the difference. I've been open minded cause before, the plan was just to get a loose head on my BvS.

But even in hand, JL version didnt do it for me.
I even asked my fiance' for her opinion, I didnt tell her what I thought of it, as I was curious what she would say. Just pointed it out to her that that is the Justice League version.
She looked at it for awhile and goes...I like ours better.

Still prefer BvS sculpt over JL.

I've seen the JL version at a comic book store close to home, and I'm not too crazy about it.
I know sometimes,you have to see a figure in hand to really see the difference. I've been open minded cause before, the plan was just to get a loose head on my BvS.

But even in hand, JL version didnt do it for me.
I even asked my fiance' for her opinion, I didnt tell her what I thought of it, as I was curious what she would say. Just pointed it out to her that that is the Justice League version.
She looked at it for awhile and goes...I like ours better.

Still prefer BvS sculpt over JL.

Me too,

I bought the JLA deluxe and have it in hand, I wanted the extra parts, Lasso, Robe, Cube and magnetic arm bands with ricochet parts, but the head... I like the BvS, and in my opinion its not even close.
I actually have liked it all along even when they teased the pics of the new version and now with the JLA in hand, I haven't changed my view.

I realize there are many with strong opinions on this. I think the JLA fails in many areas, the hair is the chief issue in my opinion, it won't flow right from the scalp and throws the whole shape of her head off (too square). I also think the face is to thin and the nose is too long. That being said I do agree the best Gal likeness is the Training version but I would put the BvS second and the JLA third. I know people will come out of their seats at this point and say that's utter BS because the training version is just exactly the same as the JLA but, I simply don't think it translated well to JLA version. Maybe its just the hair, if thats futzed with extensivly they are both awesome. I don't think many photos reflect this and I think its hard to get it right. They should have given us an actual third sculpt.

Finally, none of them are perfect but they they are all ridiculously adequate. I still plan to get the Training version and I like them all. We are very lucky to have HT's producing these amazing items for us...

I'm kind of torn between which one I like better, because both have trade offs that sort of cancel each other out as being the clear superior one. I've vacillated between the two the past couple of months.

Both I think pretty much fail in terms of likeness overall, but I do think the BvS sculpt has a bit more Gal in it than the JL sculpt and it also has a bit more of an exotic look. It's prettier. However, it looks a bit too Barbie-like. Conversely, the JL sculpt doesn't look as much like Gal, but it is a bit more realistic looking than the BvS sculpt.

It's funny because the TA sculpt is pretty much the same sculpt as the JL sculpt, yet I think that sculpt beats the JL and BvS sculpts every day of the week and twice on Sunday in terms of likeness. I think a lot of it has to do with the hair being sculpted and pulled back, so it accentuates the shape of the head. Not to mention the nose on the TA sculpt is not as long as the JL sculpt.

If I had to go with only two WW figures, I personally think I'd go with TA and BvS.

I still like the BvS version better. I think the JL version head sculpt has too many sharp angles.

Ouch.
That second pic seems to indicate long term posing in that stance, though. A very bad idea with seamless bodies. Why is it that people don't seem to understand that there is absolutely no material that can function like real skin?
I don't even keep figures with tight outfits in extreme poses for long, never mind seamless bodies...

Still, it's sad and scary to see such damage.

Ouch.
That second pic seems to indicate long term posing in that stance, though. A very bad idea with seamless bodies. Why is it that people don't seem to understand that there is absolutely no material that can function like real skin?
I don't even keep figures with tight outfits in extreme poses for long, never mind seamless bodies...

Yup, even humans don't stay long in extreme poses! :rotfl

Ouch.

Yup, even humans don't stay long in extreme poses! :rotfl

:exactly:

Just another example.of why they sho u old have not gone with the seamless body. You can pull of her classic pose with out damaging the figure

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

In my opinion, the guy maybe changed change the poses too regularly and for too dynamic ones.

I regularly change the poses of my Wonder Woman BvS and Training Armor, but I avoid positions that could "pull" on the seamless. But obviously it's very disturbing to see such extremes damages. But in my opinion, you just have to be careful when you handle them.

Especially that the seamless is not made of sillicone as Phicen so the risks of breakage are present.

I think we can see where he had the arm on the BvS version for too long.

The TA is less clear. Is she puking?

Just, take your pics and back to neutral.

Back