1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me this is one of those figures that I'm going to have to wait until seeing in-hand pics before pulling the trigger on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me? This is a no brainer. Need this on my shelf. Even if I have to heavily mod it. She will be mine!

nice. the background MOS caught my eye. Can you break down that figure?

sure no problem its a man of steel suit ,boots and headsculpt on a adapted jakks max aggression figure ,hands and feet removed and adapted to fit hot toys hands and boots ,hair slightly reworked and a cape by username or go to barry as i call him lol
27232347052_a205cdba6d_z.jpg

26722991873_5f943e070f_z.jpg
26722998973_da55b172c8_z.jpg

I don't know if this is a newer picture or not (found on facebook) But the more I see of this sculpt, the more I hate it.

2855c2ae421242559a3639396d34f787.jpg

I still think she looks good....but I want to wait and see what the finished in-hand version looks like before I invest in her. Had to cancel my order through Sideshow. :(

For me this is one of those figures that I'm going to have to wait until seeing in-hand pics before pulling the trigger on.

I still think she looks good....but I want to wait and see what the finished in-hand version looks like before I invest in her. Had to cancel my order through Sideshow. :(

Same. Along with Iron Bats.

I personally think she looks good also. I still have my order pending and will get this figure. While the sculpt isn't tremendous, I personally don't think it's as atrocious as what some people believe it to be. If I had to make any alterations, I would personally angle the eyebrows upward a bit more. I think something that subtle could potentially make a huge difference. I think it's just her expression that is perhaps a bit blank and soft, and not very fierce looking.

Something more along these lines:

image.jpeg

sure no problem its a man of steel suit ,boots and headsculpt on a adapted jakks max aggression figure ,hands and feet removed and adapted to fit hot toys hands and boots ,hair slightly reworked and a cape by username or go to barry as i call him lol
27232347052_a205cdba6d_z.jpg

26722991873_5f943e070f_z.jpg
26722998973_da55b172c8_z.jpg

that is not a HT right that batman?

I dont see what you guys are seeing, the 1/1 is perfect!

Im curious why HotToys don't utilise 3d printing more often. We can get a perfect likeness and the sculptors can add the missing detail that is lost from the process.

Fans (like us) will probably complain that Hot Toys should then bring their prices down then since their sculpting talent isn't "needed" as much and they're relying on a cheaper, 3-D alternative.

And Hot Toys does not want to bring their prices down...

Don't worry about WW head sculpt its place holder without any shadows and details. remember Scarlet Witch? She turned out very nicely in the end. Female figures need more work.

Fans (like us) will probably complain that Hot Toys should then bring their prices down then since their sculpting talent isn't "needed" as much and they're relying on a cheaper, 3-D alternative.

And Hot Toys does not want to bring their prices down...

I'm not sure 3-d is cheaper. Plus they'd need the actors to get scanned. They would fire the artists either since they still need to add detail and paint

Don't worry about WW head sculpt its place holder without any shadows and details. remember Scarlet Witch? She turned out very nicely in the end. Female figures need more work.

It's the hair I'm most worried about. But I hope your right and they take away her dead face in the final version

I'm not sure 3-d is cheaper. Plus they'd need the actors to get scanned. They would fire the artists either since they still need to add detail and paint

It's the hair I'm most worried about. But I hope your right and they take away her dead face in the final version

I went and saw this twice and by no means do I think that Gadot was bad in the movie but I sure do remember that "dead face" on her.

As I've mentioned before in the thread, I personally would love to see them tweak the sculpt to this expression:

attachment.php

I'm 99% sure it won't happen, but one could hope. Even if they don't, I don't think the current sculpt is bad at all. Room for improvement, yes, but by no means horrible.

Back