1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any advice on where to purchase replacement ankle joints for this WW? The originals have broken. Does she use a standard HT body that I can easily get parts for?

Does anyone have any advice on where to purchase replacement ankle joints for this WW? The originals have broken. Does she use a standard HT body that I can easily get parts for?
I broke one of mine a while back. I ended up buying a set of TA WW feet and using one of those pegs. (I still have one, if you want it). I think the ankle joints are specific to WW, but all versions use the same joint.

Sorry nobody had any help to offer Max... I'm not sure where to look for that other than eBay.

On a different note, has anybody looked into this head sculpt as replacement for HT's sculpt?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2413-new-product-gactoys-1-6-european-beauty-star-head-carving-a-b-c-d-4-models-gc034

I chanced upon that forum and in the photos without the hair the sculpt actually does look like Gal Gadot. Some of the other pics give me a bit of an Anna Paquin vibe...

Anyone have this sculpt in hand?

Sorry nobody had any help to offer Max... I'm not sure where to look for that other than eBay.

On a different note, has anybody looked into this head sculpt as replacement for HT's sculpt?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2413-new-product-gactoys-1-6-european-beauty-star-head-carving-a-b-c-d-4-models-gc034

I chanced upon that forum and in the photos without the hair the sculpt actually does look like Gal Gadot. Some of the other pics give me a bit of an Anna Paquin vibe...

If you search for 1/6 Gal Gadot head on eBay you will find sellers who have in hand pics in their listings and it is not good IMO.

Damn... what is it about Gal that is so hard to capture?

I'd gotten a WW BvS head sculpt off Toy Anxiety a while ago, and I thought the sculpt itself is good. However, for her likeness I think it's a bit difficult to nail down because, in my opinion, she looks variable in the films (based on the snippets I've watched), in contrast to other actors with very defining features that are more identifiable. Though I think the TA WW sculpt looks to be the best, based on reviews and photos.

I know this figure is love or hate, but I?m in the love group! The head sculpt does not scream gal gadot, but when I see the armor, I know instantly who it is

7E38DAE1-1136-43D5-B936-4BC3E7D0A001.jpg
85F433D1-C059-4AF3-81B8-8480A7EB709C.jpg
2E0B4473-807C-4802-B4B8-751AFF069956.jpg
7B7BECBB-386C-4185-80C5-96A30F1E9956.jpg

I broke one of mine a while back. I ended up buying a set of TA WW feet and using one of those pegs. (I still have one, if you want it). I think the ankle joints are specific to WW, but all versions use the same joint.

Sold off my WW some time ago, but if I remember correctly, she uses the same ankle pegs as Pepper Potts and Ada Wong. A bit rare and some sellers push them around 15-25 bucks a set sometimes.

I know this figure is love or hate, but I?m in the love group! The head sculpt does not scream gal gadot, but when I see the armor, I know instantly who it is

View attachment 479879
View attachment 479880
View attachment 479881
View attachment 479882

She's a brilliant figure. It really is a shame about the head sculpt, but I have not yet seen one that really captures Gal Gadot... and I'm actually surprised that there aren't more attempts from customisers out there, I would think a lot of people would want an accurate sculpt.

Yeah I've seen a lot of nice 3D renders of Gadot, but nothing that really translates into a great sculpt. The best I've seen are the TA sculpts that have been modded with rooted hair, but those unfortunately look a bit undersized on the body.

No, that?s a different one. If you click on the link I posted, there?s in hand pics on the second page.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Anyone have this sculpt in hand?

just got mine this morning ,here it is with its own hair out of the box

20200304_103130.jpg

and dremeled out a bit to fit wonderwomans neck and knock off wonderwomans hair piece

20200304_105819.jpg

20200304_105843.jpg

20200304_105855.jpg

20200304_105932.jpg

ko wonderwomans hair piece will need work to fit it correctly as its bigger than the one it comes with and it would benefit from a tiara to break up the forehead ,but id say the likeness is good ,it better captures gals exotic looks and her ethnicity ,than the hot toys one

but your mileage may vary

well worth the 20 odd quid it cost me

Wow.
That actually looks very good!

So walk me through this... which version of the HS did you buy? And then you had to dremel the neck for it to fit HT's Wonder Woman body, and you used a hair piece from a third party WW?

Thanks for sharing the pics!

20200304_161836.jpg

here's a quick shot with the hairpiece seated for glueing and just placed a barbie tiara on to see how it reduces the space and how it looks looks ,should give you a idea if you think its worth proceeding with for your needs cheers

Absolutely, that?s brilliant!
I ordered the D version, seems like the closest hair to WW. Not sure what to do about the tiara though... I?m loath to destroy the original HT sculpt, but buying another one just for the tiara seems a bit wasteful.

Thanks again for the pics and help!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Back