1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^I guess some freaks consider this version to be a "sex doll" compared to JL version.

She may be a little wide eyed but i just don't see that.

People on here also think that rooted hair = Barbie = bad, so I can't say I'm surprised.

^I guess some freaks consider this version to be a "sex doll" compared to JL version.

She may be a little wide eyed but i just don't see that.

I suppose some freaks on here really are indeed freaks if that's where their mind immediately goes even when dealing with 1/6 figures. :lol

Anyway, since they skipped on the WW solo movie,[corrected] it would be unwise for HT not to release a JL version in large quantities having WW solo film's success..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I suppose some freaks on here really are indeed freaks if that's where their mind immediately goes even when dealing with 1/6 figures. :lol

Maybe so?

I look at this version in that..she is happy to finally have some help fighting the bad guys. She's excited and rejuvenated to be fighting a long Supes and Batman. She is also pleased Batman didn't kill Supes.:lol

That's my freaky make believe story anyway.

But yeah, that's not to say i don't prefer the JL sculpt myself annd i can understand not wanting 2 virtually identical figures.

But sex doll..nah

Sex doll? Never crossed my mind...that much! Didn't really think how differences in expressions can easily change the context since JL WW looks like she's in fighting mode while the BvS does have that docile expression and partially open mouth that's almost beckoning, "what are your fingers doing behind my back, Steve?" :thud::rotfl Now that I'm aware of it, I like it! I'd prefer it over say, PMS WW.

I put the clamp on mine just to try it out. Seems it is designed to grasp the belt, which is one of the more solid areas on the figure. I was worried it would clench the torso and leave an impression, but so far, no problems.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Trying out a few new poses, but nothing too extreme. I did manage to shrink the bust on it, but unfortunately it doesn't seem all that noticeable in the end (although I guess the armor doesn't seem to jut out quite as much as before).

I also lightened the lipstick a bit, darkened the tiara (as it was just looking way too bright and silvery for my taste), and weathered the Barbie sword for her to use. And then finally I cobbled together a new support using a clear rod and a binder clip, so I could avoid having that big ugly clamp around her waist. :)

20171020_170626 (566x900).jpg

20171020_165842 (512x900).jpg

20171020_132012 (533x900).jpg

20171020_131920 (476x900).jpg

20171020_131838 (543x900).jpg

And here's that support rod:
20171018_214312 (405x600).jpg

Trying out a few new poses, but nothing too extreme. I did manage to shrink the bust on it, but unfortunately it doesn't seem all that noticeable in the end (although I guess the armor doesn't seem to jut out quite as much as before).

I also lightened the lipstick a bit, darkened the tiara (as it was just looking way too bright and silvery for my taste), and weathered the Barbie sword for her to use. And then finally I cobbled together a new support using a clear rod and a binder clip, so I could avoid having that big ugly clamp around her waist. :)

View attachment 373010

View attachment 373011

View attachment 373012

View attachment 373013

View attachment 373014

View attachment 373015

That looks amazing man.
The lipstick mod really brings out the likeness more.
What did you use to lighten the lips?

Thanks. It was just a mix of burgundy and flesh colored paint. I also lightened the inside of the mouth too, as the black they used always looked a bit too dark to me. Now it looks at least a little less like she's constantly blowing someone a kiss.

And for the tiara it was a mix of gunmetal and bronze, and I tried to emphasize some of the darker lines on it as well.

Thanks. It was just a mix of burgundy and flesh colored paint. I also lightened the inside of the mouth too, as the black they used always looked a bit too dark to me. Now it looks at least a little less like she's constantly blowing someone a kiss.

And for the tiara it was a mix of gunmetal and bronze, and I tried to emphasize some of the darker lines on it as well.

Thanks man.
Really love the enhancements your mod makes on the figure.

View attachment 373010

View attachment 373011

View attachment 373012

View attachment 373013

View attachment 373014

View attachment 373015

Headsculpt is amazing.

View attachment 373010

View attachment 373011

View attachment 373012

View attachment 373013

View attachment 373014

View attachment 373015

Looks amazing, mate, really well done!

Very nice! I watched WW on DVD yesterday and noticed how her lipstick appeared and you approximated it very well, on which I point I wondered if that kind of iridescent lipstick color in that period. What kind of bust reduction did you do?

Very nice! I watched WW on DVD yesterday and noticed how her lipstick appeared and you approximated it very well, on which I point I wondered if that kind of iridescent lipstick color in that period. What kind of bust reduction did you do?

Yeah it's possible her lips might have been a bit darker in BVS, but I decided to go more for the WW look.

And for the bust, I just lifted up the rubber chest piece and dremeled down the hard plastic underneath that makes the bust stick out too far. Then I superglued the chest back to the plastic and put the armor back on. The trickiest part was getting the middle torso piece locked all the way in without bunching up the thin flap of rubber in the back, but after pulling that piece down with some pliers I finally got it done.

Ultimately though it probably wasn't worth all the effort, and the best mod for this figure is probably just lightening the lipstick and getting some wax to style the hair.

It's crazy how lighting the lips has Really brought out the likeness....pity I don't have the skills to do it.:gah:

Back