1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fine - I'm just stating how I feel about your photos in the Hot Toys Wonder Woman thread. As others pointed out a bit more tactfully, the figure you're posting is beyond Hot Toys Wonder Woman. I definitely did over step the mark in describing how your photos make me feel scrolling down the page seeing more of them than actual Wonder Woman, but it is genuinely how I feel, and I'm sure how others do also. I'm not taking away the work you put into it, I'm personally not into it, but that's not to say others aren't. My point was to keep them to a custom thread so that people whom enjoy a heavily customised piece using one aspect of a Hot Toys figure can help you, comment and appreciate.

When you were first posting your pictures I tried to be helpful and advised you how to rotate and input actual pictures into your posts which helped you, you've just sort of gone overblown in posting the same pictures, which, I would argue, do not help others understand the sculpt better - and more than that, over the recent pages there's been more picture of your customisation rather than of the actual Hot Toys Wonder Woman. Maybe it's being blunt, but after the nth time of pictures that I don't feel people find comfortable with in this thread I wanted to say something, I did say it too rude so apologies, mate.
Well I wasn't going to be the one to say it, but I 100% agree with you. Good posts mate!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Some more fun with posing. Thanks to the talented artist at deviantart (goxiii) for giving me the pose idea (I don't think it's an actual movie still from BVS). I think my hair mods work better with this kind of windblown look. The layers give it some lightness and "movement" (something I strive for in my own hair! :wink1:)
View attachment 371431View attachment 371432View attachment 371433

Some different angles. The shot from the back also shows how the layers gives the hair volume without heaviness.
View attachment 371434View attachment 371435View attachment 371436

It's kinda neat how tilting the head forward like that gives her a much more determined and "tough" expression, rather than the neutral and blank look from head on or when tilted up.

Great work TGF!
It's those little details that help elevate a figure.

yeah... that looks great!

:clap I really like those first two pictures. It's a great action-ready pose, and although the camera's not picking it up well, I can kinda see what you were trying to do with the hair as far as lightness/layers. Also, I'm almost always a fan of tilting the head forward on figures- it creates some nice shadows that provide a little character and help hide the neutral expressions that HT is fond of using. Plus, the pose balances on its own without a stand! I'm waiting on the solo WW film figure, but I'm probably going to steal that pose (and the mods you've been doing). :hi5:

Great idea with the rope chain. I’ll have to steal that one.

Great job duplicating the pose in the reference art you chose!!:clap

The gold chain is a great idea, love the pics as well.

Great work TGF!
It's those little details that help elevate a figure.

Thanks guys, for all the comments!

It's funny seeing people post elsewhere, without disclosing the full story. There were freaks here that were very civil to him in their replies.

*edit, it's also funny to read when someone says "I won't be posting on that site again" (this one), yesterday, only to post here today, :rotfl

Last edited:
I think it's probably best to just drop it and move on.

Think I'm going to try that mod to the bust someone did earlier, assuming I can figure out how to get the armor off and avoid messing up the paint in the process...

giphy.gif

The guy posting all the enhanced images of his custom figure's cleavage and near naked plastic breasts is saying we're all the ones who think it's a "sex toy". :lol

The same guy who called everyone else blindly loyal to HT (and is now doing it again) while stating how much he detests this figure, yet paid for it anyway, even though he claimed he's purchased every HT figure since IM2 I believe he said it was.

"I won't be posting on that forum again. I feel like my I.Q. has deteriorated as a result of involvement with that forum."

well-bye-animated-gif.gif

"One popular and respected freak said, "I mean you no offense, but your figure is disgusting. It looks like an actress who resembles Gadot with mangled, botched hair; forced to get a boob job and hired to make a snuff film!!!!!!!!!"

Popular and respected? :rotfl

Again, I'm sorry, I was really untactful with what I wrote even if it is what I meant. But please don't fabricate and add to what I really said, I never said it was disgusting, and certainly never used more than one exclamation mark.

I think it's probably best to just drop it and move on.

Think I'm going to try that mod to the bust someone did earlier, assuming I can figure out how to get the armor off and avoid messing up the paint in the process...

Look very much forward to seeing what you can come up with.

"One popular and respected freak said, "I mean you no offense, but your figure is disgusting. It looks like an actress who resembles Gadot with mangled, botched hair; forced to get a boob job and hired to make a snuff film!!!!!!!!!"

That's not what I said exactly...

And popular and respected? :rotfl

We love you Gary :rotfl (just messin, lol).

There was a time many moons ago where my phicen customs got criticized believe me :lol but I never took things personal and boy I was reemed for my ideas, but I just rolled with it , you kind of have too with this forum , I learned my lesson trust me.

For those who followed me for awhile with my figure posts, know that my intentions are always to entice us collectors on the quality and realism that HT puts in their product. I try to make the effort to show the bright side of spending the money to collect these figures. Especially those who have doubts judging a figure strictly on poor blogger pics.

If I didn’t think the character was really worth showcasing, I wouldn’t go through the effort to put the figure in the craziest poses if I knew deep down it wasn’t worth it. With that said I try not to copy a repetive pose over and over again, because I know it start to get the freaks annoyed so I try to switch up as much as I can so the uniqueness of this hobby still entertains my fellow freaks.

But when it starts to get out of hand and I see it starts to annoy some, I try to end it, I’m not in the business of making enemies on these

Last edited:
There was a time many moons ago where my phicen customs got criticized believe me :lol but I never took things personal and boy I was reemed for my ideas, but I just rolled with it , you kind of have too with this forum , I learned my lesson trust me.

For those who followed me for awhile with my figure posts, know that my intentions are always to entice us collectors on the quality and realism that HT puts in their product. I try to make the effort to show the bright side of spending the money to collect these figures. Especially those who have doubts judging a figure strictly on poor blogger pics.

If I didn’t think the character was really worth showcasing, I wouldn’t go through the effort to put the figure in the craziest poses if I knew deep down it wasn’t worth it. With that said I try not to copy a repetive pose over and over again, because I know it start to get the freaks annoyed so I try to switch up as much as I can so the uniqueness of this hobby still entertains my fellow freaks.

But when it starts to get out of hand and I see it starts to annoy some, I try to end it, I’m not in the business of making enemies on these

I don't think there's any problem with it, and you're doing a really good job posting your pictures and new poses and hair styling, your pictures are great and myself and others enjoy them a tonne along with the others that are being posted here (seriously, some of the posing and lighting with the figure people are doing here are great)!

I've not received my Wonder Woman yet; so when I see that the thread has been posted in I like to see a useful discussion or a cool picture of it to tide me over. Now with the particular poster and his customs, I helped him in how to insert pictures into the forum to show his customs. However, and I'm not going to go back through the many pages and count, but he posted a lot of pictures of his custom in this thread without anyone being hostile towards him at all. It just got to a point where all the updates of the thread that were image related were of his custom, that is not representative of the DCEU Wonder Woman nor Diana, and certainly is more third party than Hot Toys (Hot Toys Wonder Woman thread) and gradually getting more, don't really know how to put this without sounding judgmental... revealing and uncomfortable.

I think a sense of humility and understanding for other people on this thread/board should have been used by him, as it's a lot of drama for what simply boils down to please be considerate of others and post your custom in a custom thread so that everyone who wants to see others' Hot Toys Wonder Woman can do so. I wouldn't like to think people are making enemies, I can't speak for the others but I admitted how I articulated my sentiments was a tad harsh, but in reality all that was being said was please post your custom in the custom thread you already have made.

Anyway..... I'm a fan of your stuff Guyver, keep those pictures coming! :D

Yeah, he went from zero to offended very quickly over some very (imo) mild criticisms. Even if they weren't worded nicely they weren't attacks either, and certainly not on the same level of vitriol that he's currently directing at us.

Like, sorry dude we don't owe you glowing praise just because you did a thing that took you a long time. We're not your mother, we won't be posting your pics up on the fridge with a gold star.

This wasn’t a attack on you or anyone Garypool, so please don’t take it that way. What I was trying to point out before my keyboard froze was..Duro is good person but he handled it wrong as you stated, I will agree that for whatever reason he kept posting his custom in the same pose , almost the same pic over and over again and I understand he was pointing out changes he made, I get that, but this wasn’t the proper thread to be so repetitive because it needed variation, perhaps putting her in a different pose or positioning her so the cleavage doesn’t pop on screen so much might have helped etc.

To make matters worse is he felt the situation was personal which is a problem in itself. And now I see he is trying to do the same in the OSF and I can tell he already made a enemy of a forum member there. Like I said he is a good guy, he messaged me on hair techniques and we exchanged a good conversation so I know he shouldn’t take criticism the wrong way and try to learn from it.

That’s why for me ..keeping the poses differently keeps things fresh in everyone’s minds :wink1:

As far as customs..I drew the line

Well. You get my point.. I truly believe variation is key when posing

Back