1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder Woman arrived earlier today and I've been messing around with her here and there. When I finally got to the harness, I noticed she was missing a button. I didn't order from Sideshow, so I'd have to send the whole thing back at this point? Not really wanting to even mess with that. I got her from AlterEgoComics.

Sometimes these companies will throw in extra buttons and beads. The one time I actually need the extras, they're obviously not included.

ety69z.jpg

Contact them anyway. They might just send you the missing part. I've always gotten good service from them.

Contact them anyway. They might just send you the missing part. I've always gotten good service from them.
I did. If I contacted AEC, they'd likely make me just send the whole thing back. And well... I'm not doing that with a near perfect figure. Just that one flaw. With my luck, the replacement figure would be janky.

I did. If I contacted AEC, they'd likely make me just send the whole thing back. And well... I'm not doing that with a near perfect figure. Just that one flaw. With my luck, the replacement figure would be janky.

Just buy the harness on TA its like $10

View attachment 365231 Those are great ideas and definitely have the right look/style. I found the grey coat/hat on ebay. I'm hoping it will work for one of the movie's looks for WW without costume. But I change custom figures so often and I'm not locked into any of the "looks" or outfits from the film. So we'll see. When I make a figure one of a kind, I like it to truly be that.
M2KWzRWUddNn.jpgmBQ3tBvh6LNf.jpg I ripped up the Diana of Themyscira bash (it did look too much like She-Ra/Star Wars et), I am waiting on the coat and hat set from eBay. And did a modern Diana Prince bash for my temporary fix!!!! Keep in mind, these were the only materials I had to work with. Good news is while those of you who are still waiting for your figure to arrive you can bash out her alter-ego with the knock-off. I know that's cold comfort, but it's something.

Already got back to me. Have to contact the retailer. Figures. Already know they'll make me send the entire thing back to them and so I guess I'm painting the damn button on at this point. Great.

Hot Toys doesn't seem to have very good QC these days. I'm amazed I got a decent Harley Quinn, honestly.

Already got back to me. Have to contact the retailer. Figures. Already know they'll make me send the entire thing back to them and so I guess I'm painting the damn button on at this point. Great.

Hot Toys doesn't seem to have very good QC these days. I'm amazed I got a decent Harley Quinn, honestly.

Got my Harley in today, I'm glad I had crazy glue around to fix all the issues mine had. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you looked on ebay? Several people have been parting out this figure. You'll probably be able to find this peice quickly there by just searching "Hot Toys Wonder Woman".

they'd likely make me just send the whole thing back. And well... I'm not doing that with a near perfect figure. Just that one flaw. With my luck, the replacement figure would be janky.

:exactly:

When it comes to a very minor flaw, you have to weigh the pros and cons. If the rest of the figure is otherwise flawless and you send it back for an entirely brand new one, there's no guarantee that the new one won't have the exact same issue or possibly something even worse that the first one didn't have that'll make you wish you had just stuck with your first one.

In the interim, I wouldn't paint it on; that'd look a bit hokey. Is there perhaps a small circular disc that's similar to the actual part that you could glue on? Meanwhile, just keep your eyes peeled on TA and eBay for a replacement harness.

There's only one that I could find and it's an actual auction, lol.

Yeah I can relate. Whenever I really "need" a piece now from ebay it's always in an auction sale. But I 100% agree with SS17, restrain the temptation to paint (remember how long you waited in the first place) and keep checking out parts on ebay. You'll find it.

View attachment 365384View attachment 365385 I ripped up the Diana of Themyscira bash (it did look too much like She-Ra/Star Wars et), I am waiting on the coat and hat set from eBay. And did a modern Diana Prince bash for my temporary fix!!!! Keep in mind, these were the only materials I had to work with. Good news is while those of you who are still waiting for your figure to arrive you can bash out her alter-ego with the knock-off. I know that's cold comfort, but it's something.

zQRAI8dbpspz.jpgSkull cap also works.

Finally got my shipping notice, it's only been marked as payment processing for 2weeks. Prob a week before it gets here, unless it's a sideshow exclusive I'm going to stick to getting them direct from Hong Kong in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back