1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If her teeth are too large then they will be noticeable regardless of how far away you are. The same way the Crow's Teeth are noticeable, regardless of distance this is because they are too large and cartoony looking. Not saying this is the case with WW though, just pointing out even on a shelf from a distance the teeth could still be too noticeable. I think lighting and angles would be the best way to hide the teeth, but that's if the teeth really are as huge as people are making them out to be.

The teeth are not noticeable in that pic because of the angle and lighting.

You must have exceptional eyesight. The Tux Joker has metal teeth and I can barely make them out when sitting at my desk around 6 feet away. WW's tiny front teeth won't be noticeable from any kind of normal viewing distance. The mouth has to be open much wider like the angry Batman mouth plates, laughing Joker or Harley to really see the teeth from distance.

The Wonder Woman sculpt reminds me of the Rey sculpt. Same wide eyes/blank stare. Same open mouth with weird looking teeth showing. Perhaps it was the same sculptor.

Funny you mention the Rey sculpt, because I was thinking the same thing.

In pictures, you would think the teeth on the sculpt are pretty discernible:

s-l300.jpg

image.jpeg

However, when you have the figure in hand, they actually really aren't. In fact in hand, you could barely tell there is even any separation in the teeth unless you put your face right up to the sculpt and look. Whereas in pictures, you can definitely see the separations easily. The point is, the teeth on the Rey sculpt in no way throw it off and are not a problem when you have the figure in hand; I suspect the same will go for this WW.

You must have exceptional eyesight. The Tux Joker has metal teeth and I can barely make them out when sitting at my desk around 6 feet away. WW's tiny front teeth won't be noticeable from any kind of normal viewing distance.

That's if they are tiny, the tux Joker's teeth are not big and bunk tooth like, so I am not surprized they are not noticeable from 6 feet away.

The mouth has to be open much wider like the angry Batman mouth plates, laughing Joker or Harley to really see the teeth from distance.

All of those characters have normal sized teeth, so your argument really doesn't apply to WW if her teeth are in fact really large. Look I am sorry I brought this up, I don't want to debate about this with you, I just meant if WW had really large bunk teeth (hopefully this is not the case) then they would still be noticeable from a normal viewing distance.

Last edited:
For those who have a problem with the teeth on this sculpt, perhaps Dennis the Menace got a hold of her dentures, accidentally broke the two front teeth and replaced them with chiclets.

mrwilson.jpg

That's if they are tiny, the tux Joker's teeth are not big and bunk tooth like, so I am not surprized they are not noticeable from 6 feet away.

All of those characters have small teeth, so your argument really doesn't apply to WW if her teeth are in fact really large. Look I am sorry I brought this up, I don't want to debate about this with you, I just meant if WW had really large bunk teeth (hopefully this is not the case) then they would still be noticeable from a normal viewing distance.

If they are too big I'll pick the best pose to minimise the effect. Pics so far she looks best with her head down slightly. The pics take from underneath with her looking up the likeness isn't as good. Harley looks good from any angle, WW appears more limited.

:lol

I wonder if this accurate

Aussie meet Isralie

Is Harley wearing her heels in the height comparison with Wonder Woman?

I guess technically Wonder Woman has heels too but hers seem less extreme since it's more a wedge(?). This seems to be a large discrepancy, so not truly to scale.

For those who have a problem with the teeth on this sculpt, perhaps Dennis the Menace got a hold of her dentures, accidentally broke the two front teeth and replaced them with chiclets.

mrwilson.jpg

:lol:lol:lol i knew this pic would show up at somepoint hahaha it was the first thing i thought of when i seen her teeth

:lol

He's switching

Do you know who on Facebook is doing the WW body swap?

I'm interested to see and follow the results... for "research" purposes of course. :lol

I think Danoby2 mentioned on his New York livestream (@Times Square) yesterday that he was putting together a video switching the Harley into a Phicen.

Overall proportions on the protoype seems better. Final product looks like a barbie doll from some angles.

Won't a Phicen body be to pale for WW? Certainly looks that way in that last pic.

If they are too big I'll pick the best pose to minimise the effect.

Sounds good.

Pics so far she looks best with her head down slightly. The pics take from underneath with her looking up the likeness isn't as good.

I totally agree with you on both points.

Harley looks good from any angle, WW appears more limited.

Yeah that's true but unlike WW, the head sculpt on Harley is pretty much spot on, it's Hot Toys best female sculpt to date.

Funny you mention the Rey sculpt, because I was thinking the same thing.

In pictures, you would think the teeth on the sculpt are pretty discernible:

s-l300.jpg

View attachment 350706

However, when you have the figure in hand, they actually really aren't. In fact in hand, you could barely tell there is even any separation in the teeth unless you put your face right up to the sculpt and look. Whereas in pictures, you can definitely see the separations easily. The point is, the teeth on the Rey sculpt in no way throw it off and are not a problem when you have the figure in hand; I suspect the same will go for this WW.
Yup, everyone cried about Rey having a mouth guard, then rejoiced once they received her. HT even made sure to paint teeth detail, which you can only see up close with a flashlight shinning on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

More photos to show the inner workings of the figure..
Found on fb...

9edd3424a42729d40a27c0ae37ff3979.jpg
5d350465a98c818b843a30eb2d53dc5e.jpg
74b1b41d077c0aeaf039d888aa3e3b99.jpg
f820f1c46d1fd25ff545471743b04816.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As someone who has never owned a seamless body like wonder woman, I'm actually kind of nervous to order this now. It seems like from the comments that these things aren't made to last.

As someone who has never owned a seamless body like wonder woman, I'm actually kind of nervous to order this now. It seems like from the comments that these things aren't made to last.

She is also my first seamless body figure..
In fact, she was the first female figure, but looks like HQ is gonna arrive first despite PO-ed later.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure why anyone would rather use a Phicen for this, with it's ugly, unrealistic shoulders and complete lack of any muscle definition.

It just wouldn't look like Gadot's body in the movie at all.

Back