1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe SSC ever sends you a brand new figure in exchange. They either offer you a full refund or send you a replacement part if it's a specific part that is defective and ask you to destroy the defective one.

This is why sometimes I believe that depending on the severity of the blemish or defect, you may be better off just keeping the figure you have if everything else on it is ship shape. In my experience collecting these things, there's always going to be the smallest imperfection on them, whether it be a tiny spot, something that's asymmetrical, a small snag, etc. If you were to get an entirely brand new figure, from anywhere, there's no guarantee that it's not going to have any imperfections on it; in fact, it may even have one that's even worse than what you feel is on the one you already have.

Overly discernible paint imperfections, a broken figure, ripped fabric, etc. I can obviously understand as these are all major defects.

I don't believe SSC ever sends you a brand new figure in exchange. They either offer you a full refund or send you a replacement part if it's a specific part that is defective and ask you to destroy the defective one.

This is why sometimes I believe that depending on the severity of the blemish or defect, you may be better off just keeping the figure you have if everything else on it is ship shape. In my experience collecting these things, there's always going to be the smallest imperfection on them, whether it be a tiny spot, something that's asymmetrical, a small snag, etc. If you were to get an entirely brand new figure, from anywhere, there's no guarantee that it's not going to have any imperfections on it; in fact, it may even have one that's even worse than what you feel is on the one you already have.

Overly discernible paint imperfections, a broken figure, ripped fabric, etc. I can obviously understand as these are all major defects.

Good to know but I can't replace the foot without cutting open the suit that's why I'm clarifying

Mine arrives tomorrow! Glad my exclusive bundle waitlist converted! Was not planning on getting both, but this is an improvement over mos. Might as well get exclusive with tech cowl.

Yep tiny small imperfections don't bother me and I keep the figure

When I was testing the right ankle, it pulled off. I almost panicked but i pushed it back in and it seemed ok. However, I noticed something sharp poking through the material. I decided to get it exchanged with BBTS. Hopefully, the next one will be better.

When I was testing the right ankle, it pulled off. I almost panicked but i pushed it back in and it seemed ok. However, I noticed something sharp poking through the material. I decided to get it exchanged with BBTS. Hopefully, the next one will be better.
This is mine exactly lol...right rib cage area had something sharp under suit and right ankle came out too. Kept mine tho!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I saw this out on display at my LCS today. Theirs had a couple of cosmetic blemishes, or at least what I would consider to be. I truly believe that when it comes to these figures, the chances are remarkably slim, if at all, that you're going to receive one that is just utterly perfect in every aspect. If you sit there and vet it long enough, you'll find something on it.

Got mine a couple of days ago and I just want to echo the positive sentiments: this is a phenomenal figure. It's a bit bare bones, but what there is, is really very nice!
Special mention to the head sculpt and the cape: amazing work.

20160730_174423.jpg

Looks awesome! I saw that same Armored Batman (statue is it?) on display at my LCS yesterday. It looks really nice. Excellent stand in for an Armored Batman if one doesn't want the HT one.

This is so much better than the MoS release. Head sculpt is spot on. This may be HT's best superhero muscle body yet. Still a tad too tall (bigger than Thor), but shorter than the gargantuan MoS. While MoS is still a nice figure, I've never liked the size so may end up selling that one or swap out the head and body and keep the body for an eventual Ivan Drago.

supbvs.jpg

I wasn't going to get this figure because I have the MOS one, but my LCS had a sale which I couldn't pass up. From afar, they kind of look the same. MY wife says she can't tell the difference, lol. But they are very different. Mostly the suit. it really pops and the cape is amazing. I think they went a little exreme on the thighs but still, that suit... man I love it. Head is different, but not too much. A little more extreme with the expression but it's him all the way. If I had to choose, I like the new head better but they are still both great. Not sure if I will end up trading in the MOS one once I run out of space but for now I'm keeping it.

Here are some pictures of a small customizing project I completed this weekend.28400419780_8f51c18bf1_o.jpg28068304234_dd09f0d126_o.jpg28072979613_266eba6823_o.jpgTo be perfectly honest, I wasn't sure where I was going when I started this! I started out trying to create a slightly altered BVS Superman figure but that completely changed once I got started. I actually like the BVS Superman from Hot Toys quite a bit (in fact, better than I liked the movie) but because his body is silver, it made it difficult to turn him into his alter ego, Clark Kent! So this project transformed into creating a Clark Kent Action Figure using components from a BVS Superman and the MOS Superman also released by Hot Toys a few years ago! The first thing I did was remove the thigh attachments from a BVS Superman that I bought from someone who hated the figure once he got it and made a trade! I painted them to match the skin tone and attached them to a MOS Superman body! I then re-sculpted the MOS chest to cover the holes made by the costume and painted that as well! I shortened the figure (MOS Superman is Super tall) by replacing the calf pieces with painted BVS calf pieces and this is the result! I didn't really feel that I needed to enlarge the shoulders or add the serratus pieces! This is the result so!

Finally broke down and got one of these as well. I was hesitant at first because my MOS figure has always been one of my favorites and I prefer that suit design to this one (not to mention the fact I loved MOS a whole lot more than BvS). But after seeing the comparison pics it was clear that this figure is just so much more accurate in terms of the colors, cape, and body type, and a better representation of the Cavill Superman overall.

And it also helps that it's the same suit being used for Justice League as well, so I won't have to associate it only with BvS anymore. :D

I'm still not completely sold on the likeness (Cavill has a very distinctive nose, but it does still appear a tad too large here), and am tempted to use the MOS head instead, but I'll give it a few weeks to see if it grows on me.

cavill3.jpg

Just got the heat vision head from OSK. Looks really good and I'd almost venture to say an exact copy of the HT head. Maybe a little less detail on the paint for the skin but otherwise very good.
b80aed8d63837d49643db7fc3149fdfe.jpg

c636ef1a0d47c11b539954a61deae421.jpg

Just got the heat vision head from OSK. Looks really good and I'd almost venture to say an exact copy of the HT head. Maybe a little less detail on the paint for the skin but otherwise very good.

Mine came in today also. Will check it out & compare it to my modern life heat vision when I get home from work. Looks good to me tho from ur pics!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Is OSK a EBay seller?

Back