1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JLA superman has been released in hk ;)

image.jpg

Here's a stock/unmodded MoS and BvS figure side by side:

attachment.php

Why HT added the raised collar and made the cape wide at the shoulders on the MoS figure is beyond me. His cape in MoS on his shoulders looked exactly like the BvS one as far as how it sat and also the width.

Thanks! Oh! I see it now!

Wow. I really like the look of BvS suit. However...why is he shorter?? Do we know which is the more true 1/6 height of the character/actor?

Wow. I really like the look of BvS suit. However...why is he shorter?? Do we know which is the more true 1/6 height of the character/actor?
Definitely the BvS. H Cavill is only 6'1" I'm pretty sure

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

yeah, the MoS Supes was definitely too tall. It's what bugged me the most about that figure. og Predator and Rey are just too damn short and Supes was way too tall. Not sure how HT messes up some of the most important characters sometimes:dunno

yeah, the MoS Supes was definitely too tall. It's what bugged me the most about that figure. og Predator and Rey are just too damn short and Supes was way too tall. Not sure how HT messes up some of the most important characters sometimes:dunno

Ah. Thanks guys!

They copied a lot of ideas from customizers for BVS.
Thanks to them the figure is great.

That's what I'm guessing as well.

With the MoS figure, I presume HT added the raised collar because they probably thought that the figure's neck would look too long otherwise and collectors wouldn't like that. However, after seeing how many complains there were about it not being accurate and modifications were done to to remove it, they probably realized that collectors didn't want it and therefore, didn't include it with the BvS figure.

From what I hear, the MoS figure uses longer foot pegs, which as a result gives him his towering height. If you put the BvS figure's foot pegs on the MoS figure or the MoS figure's foot pegs on the BvS figure, they then have commensurate heights.

In general when displayed with other figures, the figure that's more in 1/6 scale is the BvS figure. However, when you put the MoS figure with the rest of the figures in the MoS line, the MoS Supes is fine. I think the MoS line in general was a big on the larger side.

Just got mine in and it's absolutely perfect. It's one of Hot Toys best sculpts. The nailed Henry Cavill's look, absolutely nailed it.

I contacted sideshow for my broken ankle issue ,they said they are send replace body/parts? Not sure what that means? Also they are asking I destroy the one I got once I got the replacement? Is this legit?

I contacted sideshow for my broken ankle issue ,they said they are send replace body/parts? Not sure what that means? Also they are asking I destroy the one I got once I got the replacement? Is this legit?
Yea they pretty much always ask you to destroy the old one

Whenever they send you a replacement part (sculpt, body, accessory, etc.), they ask you to destroy the "defective" one. However you choose to destroy it is up to you.

He's no longer on the Sideshow or Big Bad Toy Store website. Is this sold out? Should I get on waitlist? New to hot toys so not sure how this works. Thanks

Check Alter Ego Comics, he might be in stock there.

Didn't know both versions were gone on SSC, did they drastically cut back production numbers or was this just a fast selling figure?

Yea they pretty much always ask you to destroy the old one

I've had this a couple of times and can never bring myself to do it. I send back the part. I refuse to destroy art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had this a couple of times and can never bring myself to do it. I send back the part. I refuse to destroy art.

I recently got a replacement arm for my mk 45 diecast, i was not told to destroy the old one, all thats wrong was a lose part. going to keep it as it still looks cool.

Whenever they send you a replacement part (sculpt, body, accessory, etc.), they ask you to destroy the "defective" one. However you choose to destroy it is up to you.

Yup...I had to destroy 3 Man of Steel PFs that all came defective (glue residue in several areas, holes, wire in the cape coming out, messed up headsculpt paint apps). it was hard to do the first time but the next ones were more of an annoyance than anything.

they probably destroy it there :lol

Back