1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for those that ordered the Batman/Superman 2 pack from SSC and have received their Superman:

I am guessing that after my waitlist converts tomorrow, I will be charged the NRD for the 2 pack. I also understand that those people that ordered the 2 pack, have had Superman ship first.
For those people, what did SSC charge you when Superman shipped? Where you charged a portion equivalent to the price of Superman, or were you charged the entire $444.98 with shipping?

The MOS figure needs one obvious mod; the cape.
Once this is done the figure has a more natural appearance that the BVS one, the whole thing flows better.
While the BVS figure has a finer costume and a more muscular body the head sculpt is off (with a big nose) and only looks good when viewed from certain angles.
Same for the head on the neck, it looks unnatural when viewed form most angles, the neck is too thin for this body and the way they cut off the head below the ears looks wonky.
Finally the thighs do not go well with the pelvis or lower legs, they also look unnatural.

While preference for a figure over another is a matter of taste the proportions and the way the parts flow together can be objectively assessed and MOS is better on that front.
BVS wins when it comes to details and production quality.
Maybe the Justice League Superman will combine the best features from both figures but who wants to wait almost two years for a figure?

My biggest concerns, hands down. If I sprang for the BVS version, I could always pick up a MOS headsculpt to top it with. Still wouldn't fix the thigh issue though.

Question for those that ordered the Batman/Superman 2 pack from SSC and have received their Superman:

I am guessing that after my waitlist converts tomorrow, I will be charged the NRD for the 2 pack. I also understand that those people that ordered the 2 pack, have had Superman ship first.
For those people, what did SSC charge you when Superman shipped? Where you charged a portion equivalent to the price of Superman, or were you charged the entire $444.98 with shipping?

You will be charged full payment for superman, then be charged for Batman when its ready to ship. I PO'd the 2 pack on flex, they begun charging me for superman before batman (i guess they knew of the delay) payments on batman stopped on june (one last payment) and shows next and final payment on sept.

Here is the final version of the onesixth heat vision sculpt. Set to ship out starting tomorrow...Looks pretty good for the price I'd say...
8817a455fd92aae66417b34ae77d3e41.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

... Though I have to admit I like the expression of the headsculpt on MOS a bit better. The DOJ has crazy weird eyebrows going on.

How right you are, the eyebrows paint app on the BVS figure is wrong.
The BVS brows are painted in a way that follow the (odd) muscle line, not how brows naturally grow.
It is worth noting that HT gets that right on every other figure, this is a problem specific to this figure.
I hope these help make sense of my comments:

Picture%205_zps6au7zhrz.png

Before you guys get the pitchforks out, I actually LIKE my BVS Superman.

You will be charged full payment for superman, then be charged for Batman when its ready to ship. I PO'd the 2 pack on flex, they begun charging me for superman before batman (i guess they knew of the delay) payments on batman stopped on june (one last payment) and shows next and final payment on sept.

Thanks for the info.

Here is the final version of the onesixth heat vision sculpt. Set to ship out starting tomorrow...Looks pretty good for the price I'd say...
8817a455fd92aae66417b34ae77d3e41.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I pre-ordered this sculpt too, mainly because of the very reasonable price but I think I liked the way the first heat vision prototype looked better even though I know it wasn't as accurate.. I just felt the details on the veins near the eyes were painted better than the final prototype here. Still happy to get it once it ships!

I like that the veins appear both above and below his eyes on the prototype version.. Anyone know if One Sixth Kit lets the customer choose which version to purchase? I would assume you can't cuz they're all the same but it doesn't hurt to ask in the case someone on here knows for sure

2vkf81x.jpg

Got an email from Sideshow today that my Batman Superman 2 pack waitlist is converting :yess:

Congrats! I hope mine does too!
I am on the wait list fob the 2 pack and for just Superman. So we shall see which converts first. :) Kind of hoping the two pack. hehe.:pray:

Your chances are probably better for Superman alone but if you're a bit patient you'll get both.
Waitlists pretty much always convert at some point, they're mostly a sales ploy designed to create a sense of urgency between re-orders of a given figure.
I do not think you can use your reward points on these but I could be wrong.

Thanks! Here is hoping! :pray:

I have the MOS Superman, but I hear REALLY good stuff about BvS one. So I'll probably sell my MOS when I get this one.
I keep reading about a modded cape for MOS. I've not noticed any that look different from mine, but then I think my MOS looks fine. I'd love to see a modded and unmodded side by side for reference.

I also wouldnt mind seeing MOS & BvS side by side. :)

So, if I understand this correctly... we have to pay the shipping cost twice? (Or do they split it up?)
Then there isn't a lot of upside to getting the two pack...other than the extra exclusive piece which I'd likely sell off anyway. :slap

I have the MOS Superman, but I hear REALLY good stuff about BvS one. So I'll probably sell my MOS when I get this one.
I keep reading about a modded cape for MOS. I've not noticed any that look different from mine, but then I think my MOS looks fine. I'd love to see a modded and unmodded side by side for reference.

I hope someone can oblige and show you a side by side. But un-modded, the difference is very clear. If anything you can either google it yourself "HT MoS mod comparison", OR if you have the MoS figure next to you, Google stills from MoS and judge for yourself. Without the cape mod, it really doesn't look at that great IMO. With the mod, which involves an invasive procedure where you gotta cut up parts of the suit, make the figure perfect.

BvS superman on the other hand requires NO mods and is perfect out of the box. I love the cape, the outfit, the HS (just wish it had a second one...effin HT). It's truly a must have.

So, if I understand this correctly... we have to pay the shipping cost twice? (Or do they split it up?)
Then there isn't a lot of upside to getting the two pack...other than the extra exclusive piece which I'd likely sell off anyway. :slap

Sadly yes, we gotta pay for shipping twice since there's no actual two pack per say. But yeah if you ordered the set, you'll get those exclusive items. The value of them depends on the person.

Here's a stock/unmodded MoS and BvS figure side by side:

attachment.php

Why HT added the raised collar and made the cape wide at the shoulders on the MoS figure is beyond me. His cape in MoS on his shoulders looked exactly like the BvS one as far as how it sat and also the width.

They copied a lot of ideas from customizers for BVS.
Thanks to them the figure is great. Still dont understand why the double the cape tho...

Received my second figure, hes on longer feet pegs.
image.jpg

Back