1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more...
2016-06-10 251.jpg
2016-06-10 235.jpg
2016-06-10 232.jpg
2016-06-10 099.jpg

Man I missed out on the Superman exclusive. Was hoping to order it this month with a coupon thinking I had lots of time. I hopped on the waitlist on the 16th so I am hoping it will convert.

Surprised the Superman exclusive is on waitlist. Considering how long the MOS figure seemed to sit around, I would have thought it would be a similar case with the BvS one. Also surprising that's it's waitlisted before the Batman exclusive.

If the regular one will go ON SALE after ages, any price ideas? This figure is so amazing maybe I need second one for everyday play lol

It'd be nice if it went as cheap as the MOS did. Seems like that was selling for about $120 shipped with extra rewards.

Lets pray for this. Most people who wanted him already got special edition. So there are chances for SALE . Usually when figures are on SALE? After half year? After year or when?

HT overall seems to have been distributing less than they did in those days.

I don't think we'll see HT clearances at that level anymore on so many figures.

I think there will be discounts on the regular version of this figure in the future, but I don't think it'll get as low as $120. I also think this one seems to be a little more popular than the MoS one.

Had the Exclusive on flex pay from Sideshow but for a good deal on him at my LCS today so I just canceled. Maybe someone on the wait list will convert...

I'm really looking forward to getting this (UPS says Tuesday). I'm still not thrilled with the cape though. I don't know why HT feels the need to use lining for every cape they produce, as opposed to just using a hem. They're capes always flare because of it. I've got a Tony Mei cape for my MOS fig, but I'm hoping he makes one for this as well. His capes just lay so much better an appear more realistic.

It's definitely an improvement from their prior capes, but Tony's still falls much more naturally (from the pics of the HT cape I've seen). Here's a pic of my MOS with Tony's cape. Unfortunately the ends that tuck into the costume are a bit too wide for this new figure.

IMG_1414.jpg

This cape doesn't flare out at all, it falls straight.

Tony's capes aren't lined so they drape more naturally, HT capes are lined, so the air between the layers of fabric prevent it from draping as smoothly. Plus Tony always uses great materials, his Dark Knight capes are even more awesome. I suppose it's a matter of taste, I like his work a lot, when you see and feel his capes in hand they're just so friggin well made. I'll reserve judgement till it's in hand, but from the pics so far I'm not into HT's, it's still a little too puffy looking IMHO.

I see no difference between that cape and the stock one. If there's one figure that doesn't need a cape mod, it's this one.

I'll reserve judgement till it's in hand...

Wise words.
I think the HT cape on this figure is perfect.
I have a Tony Mey cape on my MOS figure, the BVS cape from HT looks better.
Considering Tony's prices I would only consider replacing the BVS Superman cape if I wanted a wired one.
Personal choice of course.

Back