1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I concur. This figure will be around. However, you should worry a bit when batman (either version) hits the shelves, I predict sales of superman will pick up.

I think this will be the case also. Some people will get Bats, then realize they need a Supes to go with him. Similar to Kylo Ren and TFA Stormtroopers; I think the regular Stormtrooper hit first, then after Kylo Ren released, many people realized they needed a Stormtrooper to go with him. Granted Superman I think is more popular than Stormtroopers, but you get the point. :lol

I think this will be the case also. Some people will get Bats, then realize they need a Supes to go with him. Similar to Kylo Ren and TFA Stormtroopers; I think the regular Stormtrooper hit first, then after Kylo Ren released, many people realized they needed a Stormtrooper to go with him. Granted Superman I think is more popular than Stormtroopers, but you get the point. :lol

Haha yeah.

I planned way ahead and got myself 5 ST to flank kylo before he released. Granted it not as impressive as that one member over at the Sw thread that built an ARMY...but yeah. Always gotta plan ahead, in life...and in toys :lol

Just got my supes for bbts. Looks great, but the right side of the S was stuck on the plastic and it kinda smudged the texture a little bit :(:(:( I dont think it warrants an exchange but what do you guys think?? I can probably deal with it, but I dunno.

woKbnsx.jpg

Also there's some errant paint, do you think alcohol would be ok for taking it off on top of the rubber part? Or will it rub the blue off also?

ByCooA0.jpg

To me the chest paint isn't that noticeable. But the arms I would definetly get an exchange. Why even bother trying to fix it when it has a couple of problems. just get a new one in my opinion

To me the chest paint isn't that noticeable. But the arms I would definetly get an exchange. Why even bother trying to fix it when it has a couple of problems. just get a new one in my opinion

yea im really considering it. The pleats on the right side are messed up too.

For me personally? If everything else is aye-okay, then no, I wouldn't exchange it.

For example, here's other problems that have been reported and problems that I've personally seen on others: Paint imperfections on sculpt and/or neck, loose joints, asymmetrical S, torn cape at shoulder, cape snags, foam inserts leaving black foam residue on the suit in the arm pits, suit fused together at the arm pits, etc.

If you're willing to exchange your figure with the possibility of your new replacement having any of those flaws, then go for it. If your current figure has none or very few of those flaws, then I personally would keep the one you have. I personally could get over the small, red mark on the gauntlet on the arm and the barely noticeable paint smudge on the S over any of the other aforementioned blemishes.

Try to remove this red spot with alcohol and cotton, not too wet and dont push too much. If you noticed there is small spot on the regular dark blue resin. so try there at first.

If you paid $200.00 for it, then yes, get it exchanged. BBTS is very good when it comes to that sort of thing. Just shoot them an email with those pictures and I'm sure they'll be happy to take care of it for you.

Don't settle for smudged paint on a premium priced figure.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/help.aspx#return

Last edited:
Hope you get that taken care of, centcom....it's a great figure...but I gotta agree with SilverStar here...there's ALWAYS something with these highly detailed, mass-produced figures. I'd weigh what you've got vs. the possibility of getting one that has other even more noticeable issues. Your call...and good luck with whatever you decide.

Another shot of mine....really love this figure....

Last edited:
I am really enjoying these BvS Supes pics.
I did not got for the MoS version. I just didn't like it. This one - I think it's great. Mine arrived in my local toy store and is being held for me till I get back from holiday. Looking forward to getting this into the display cabinet.

Man I missed out on the Superman exclusive. Was hoping to order it this month with a coupon thinking I had lots of time. I hopped on the waitlist on the 16th so I am hoping it will convert.

Back