1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Respectfully I think you should run for office.
In the past few pages you have stated that:
1- the headsculpt is accurate.
2- the nose is too big.

The comparison photos clearly illustrate that the nose is too big, not by much but it's still noticeable.
Again, I love this figure but I'm pointing out the imperfections I see.
The nose is too big, the shape of the head isn't square enough, the texture on the suit is overdone, the thighs are too big and the eyes are slightly off.

Thighs are fine.

Here I'll put them next to each other.

1415484608717_Image_galleryImage_128828_EXCLUSIVE_EXCLUSIV.JPG
thights.jpg

Man, it does look good. I want this but if I get this I'd wanna be in for the whole line, and I already have Deadpool and Rey with BB-8 pre-ordered

:slap

Respectfully I think you should run for office.
In the past few pages you have stated that:
1- the headsculpt is accurate.
2- the nose is too big.

The comparison photos clearly illustrate that the nose is too big, not by much but it's still noticeable.
Again, I love this figure but I'm pointing out the imperfections I see.
The nose is too big, the shape of the head isn't square enough, the texture on the suit is overdone, the thighs are too big and the eyes are slightly off.

I'm not sure why you've felt the unnecessary need to be snarky with your previous two posts, but respectfully, I think you'd make a much better candidate than I would if you believe that your opinion is fact; the same thing you were accusing others of doing who disagreed with your opinion regarding BvS when they believed their opinion regarding the film was fact and were merely pointing out the imperfections they thought they saw.

I can see why people would feel the nose is too big, and perhaps it very slightly is. If so, it's not by much. I personally think it's relatively accurate for a mere 1/6 scale figure and that some of the comments about it being huge or way too big I feel are a bit embellished.

Just my opinion though, of course.

And for the record, I do believe opinions can change. Once you have more information about something that you perhaps previously weren't privy of or didn't consider before, it wouldn't make sense to continue believing what you now feel is the incorrect opinion just for the sake of being consistent, even though you now feel it's the incorrect opinion to have.

In the same way there are factual issues with the film, the nose is either too big or it isn't. It's not a matter of opinion.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

... I think you'd make a much better candidate than I would if you believe that your opinion is fact; the same thing you were accusing others of doing who disagreed with your opinion regarding BvS when they believed their opinion regarding the film was fact and were merely pointing out the imperfections they thought they saw.

I can see why people would feel the nose is too big, and perhaps it very slightly is. If so, it's not by much. I personally think it's relatively accurate for a mere 1/6 scale figure and that some of the comments about it being huge or way too big I feel are a bit embellished.

Nope sorry, I did not present anything as fact, I stated my opinion and posted pictures that speak for themselves.
You on the other hand agree with everyone, the figure is accurate and it has a nose that's a bit too big.
In context I think my line about running for office was funny.

Nope sorry, I did not present anything as fact, I stated my opinion and posted pictures that speak for themselves.
You on the other hand agree with everyone, the figure is accurate and it has a nose that's a bit too big.
In context I think my line about running for office was funny.

Interesting.

Your first two words in that post ("Nope sorry") sort of contradict you claiming that you don't think that your opinion is fact. I also wouldn't say I "agree" with everyone, but I do attempt to understand the logic behind why they feel the way they do as opposed to being myopic. I feel there is a difference between intelligence and being intellectual; most intellectuals engage their own thoughts and the thoughts of others to help give themselves a better understanding of them. A lot of people are intelligent, but not everyone is intellectual. I may not agree with their opinion, but I can perhaps understand why they think the way they do. Knowing why they think the way they do can help in knowing why you are averse to it in the first place. If from your perspective that simply means I concur with everyone, then so be it.

dominshin and I both merely posted pictures (as you say you did to support your opinion) that we felt supported why we don't think the nose is exceptionally too big as what some people feel it is, but you condescendingly mocked it. Not sure if that's because it differed from what you think/believe.

I noticed though you left out an entire paragraph that I said; I'd appreciate if you'd include all of what I said and not just pick and choose the parts you feel are convenient for you.

Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

Oversized nose: fact. There is no way around this. Egregiously oversized? NO, not in the slightest.

Quality of the film: OPINION. There is no way around this. MY OPINION IS I LOVED IT. To think otherwise and say it's fact is annoying as **** and seriously needs to stop. Further discussions on the film should STAY IN THE MOVIE THREAD.

Still a kick @$$ figure: opinion. I LOVE IT AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT. Others may feel differently, but TO ME, it's awesome and that's all that matters. Unlike certain people that watch reaction vids on YT to justify their opinion on any matter... I don't need others opinions on the figure to justify my purchase-FACT.

Captures enough of the actor (like most of HT sculpts) that it's instantly recognizable: fact/opinion. Hard to say. Plenty are in awe of the sculpt and a few say it looks nothing like him.

Can we all move on please?

Interesting.

... Your first two words in that post ("Nope sorry") sort of contradict you claiming that you don't think that your opinion is fact.

Ridiculous, it's like asking if I share my own opinion.
The amount of space you fill saying very little is impressive, you must really like reading your own posts but you are no deep thinker.
BTW, I only quote what I want to answer for clarity and I indicate that the quote has been edited with ... as is the usage.
Not everything you write deserves to be addressed.

Back to figure; you like it, so do I.
I think it has a big nose, you do too... and you don't.
No big deal.

Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

Oversized nose: fact. There is no way around this. Egregiously oversized? NO, not in the slightest.

Quality of the film: OPINION. There is no way around this. MY OPINION IS I LOVED IT. To think otherwise and say it's fact is annoying as **** and seriously needs to stop. Further discussions on the film should STAY IN THE MOVIE THREAD.

Still a kick @$$ figure: opinion. I LOVE IT AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT. Others may feel differently, but TO ME, it's awesome and that's all that matters. Unlike certain people that watch reaction vids on YT to justify their opinion on any matter... I don't need others opinions on the figure to justify my purchase-FACT.

Captures enough of the actor (like most of HT sculpts) that it's instantly recognizable: fact/opinion. Hard to say. Plenty are in awe of the sculpt and a few say it looks nothing like him.

Can we all move on please?

The third pic where ben was like "no,u aint gonna kiss gal before me son.." lmao

Ridiculous, it's like asking if I share my own opinion.
The amount of space you fill saying very little is impressive, you must really like reading your own posts but you are no deep thinker.
BTW, I only quote what I want to answer for clarity and I indicate that the quote has been edited with ... as is the usage.
Not everything you write deserves to be addressed.

Back to figure; you like it, so do I.
I think it has a big nose, you do too... and you don't.
No big deal.

If it's germane to helping you understand my point, then I feel it is worth saying. Whether you want to take the time to read or understand it is up to you. I don't necessarily see things in black and white, Coke or Pepsi, Marvel or DC, as many people feel; as if you can only choose one or the other without understanding why others feel the way they do.

I have my opinions, you have yours. No big deal. But I won't attack you just because you have different opinions than I do.

Back to the figure; yes, it is indeed a nice figure. :)

Agreed. I can see why some people may think it's oversized, but I don't think it's obnoxiously oversized as some people think it is. If it is oversized, it's only very slightly. However, based on looking at images, I feel it's not too far off, if at all. The sculpt is pretty darn accurate in my opinion. I personally like the likeness on this sculpt more than I do than the MoS sculpt, and I think the MoS is great.

Back