1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is indeed a fine figure!
Thanks for sharing the pics.

No problem. :duff

Well guys, Superman arrived today, and it's incredible. I do think there's something about the eyes and the nose. I reckon the eyes are slightly too large for the face. And likewise, the width of the nose is off. But overall, in my own opinion, this is still a better final product than the MOS figure(Although i will never get rid of mine).
I tried to get pics in natural lighting, with shadows like a person's face would have and this sculpt is phenomenal. Although not everyone will agree, i love this one.
I got some closeup details to show the lessons HT have learned from the chainmail on the first one.
Enjoy.

DE664685-82D8-4FCE-9773-07262F2E92B8.jpg

Great pics, I like this one in particular. One gets a good sense of the fine details on the costume. The nose may be a tad too big but it's a very impressive figure.

I hope its the beginning of June

That seems early. I'm sticking with a gap of six to eight weeks between HK and Sideshow until we see otherwise.

I am so glad I ordered this figure as soon as it was available. I may pick up a spare pair of boots and then a knock off BvS head sculpt for my MOS custom. Alternate universe supermen clash!

not sure if i should sell my custom or keep it. I only want 1 MOS in my collection :(

Nicely done.
In my opinion you should keep him, the new figure is very impressive but the likeness is better on this one, no giant nose or overdone suit texture.

Does this custom look better than the hot toys bvs headsculpt? Might be a different complexion than the hot toys' body though.

13173842_1707293269529369_6843630888274386907_n.jpg

A few things I'd like to say after having displayed him for two days now:

Frankly, it's one of the best figures I've ever seen in hand. None of the pics show the subtleties of the costume.

I've ranted about how the costume is too dark. It is, but I think I understand why they did it. The dark blus seems to woven over some sort of matallic thread, or something that makes it shine where the fabric is stretched and a lighter color would probably have reduced that effect.

No, watched BvS again yesterday night and the nose is spot on.

For those who want spare boots, I'm not sure that's gonna be possible. I haven't undressed the figure, and won't, but the boots are constructed in a completely different way than MOS and I don't think they're compatible.

I won't sell my MOS, but that new fig really makes it look like it was released ages ago, so much the new figure seems like an improvement.

I've bought several figures this year. So far, none of the HT have impressed me, except Ant Man. The others I've loved are from minor companies: Hells Saint by Darken Crown, Coo Models Templar Knight and Werewolf, but gotta say this Superman figure has brought back HT to the front and so far, if votes for figure of the year were now, I'd definitely vote for it. I think it's the most realistic looking figure I've ever seen.

Frankly, it's one of the best figures I've ever seen in hand. None of the pics show the subtleties of the costume.

I've ranted about how the costume is too dark. It is, but I think I understand why they did it. The dark blus seems to woven over some sort of matallic thread, or something that makes it shine where the fabric is stretched and a lighter color would probably have reduced that effect.

For those who want spare boots, I'm not sure that's gonna be possible. I haven't undressed the figure, and won't, but the boots are constructed in a completely different way than MOS and I don't think they're compatible.

I won't sell my MOS, but that new fig really makes it look like it was released ages ago, so much the new figure seems like an improvement.

I've bought several figures this year. So far, none of the HT have impressed me, except Ant Man. The others I've loved are from minor companies: Hells Saint by Darken Crown, Coo Models Templar Knight and Werewolf, but gotta say this Superman figure has brought back HT to the front and so far, if votes for figure of the year were now, I'd definitely vote for it. I think it's the most realistic looking figure I've ever seen.

Glad to hear this. Can't wait to get mine.

I'm psyched! Especially since I'm getting it for only $140 since my friend is giving up his po.

beb8952f4ec599f2c480050ed4aecf79.jpg
got mine yesterday, it's an AMAZING figure, definitely has a strong presence right out of the box, proportions are just right, much more intricate details than the first MOS figure. Pleated cape is perfect right out of the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome picture, gj. Congrats on getting him!

I'm probably in the minority with this, but I actually agree with 16k in saying that the nose looks relatively accurate to me. Perhaps slightly too large, if at all, but not enough for me to say that I think the nose is way off.

This figure looks awesome and I cannot wait to have mine in hands but let's keep it real; the nose is too big.

I give you Schnoz Man:

Picture%202_zpsn71czxxu.png

Picture%201_zpsmrx1udm5.png

Picture%203_zpscigdal2y.png

Awesome picture, gj. Congrats on getting him!

I'm probably in the minority with this, but I actually agree with 16k in saying that the nose looks relatively accurate to me. Perhaps slightly too large, if at all, but not enough for me to say that I think the nose is way off.

Yes just what i thought as well,it might be just slightly off (longer or bigger)if we look it from the side but from the front it looks perfectly fine to me..i remember seeing the scene where clark kent with his glass on meet bruce wayne on that party his nose looks bigger as well to me too

Wow, you guys managed to conclude that photos of Cavill look like Cavill.
Good job!
How about comparing pictures of him and the figure (similar angles and all)?

Back