1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though JL Supes is coming secondary market prices are still soaring for this figure!

I really want one to put with my armored bats since I actually enjoyed BvS quite a bit, but I've never really been sold on the headsculpt or the suit which I think should be a little more shiny metallic dark blue. Nevermind, all the issues putting him in a flight stand and imprinting the suit.:gah:

IMG_20181226_224718.jpg

I sold this guy back in the summer and miss him a little more each day - never had that growing issue - thinking about the JL as a replacement but with a Henry saying goodbye to the role i may stay with my Reeves and see who the next reboot brings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sold this guy back in the summer and miss him a little more each day - never had that growing issue - thinking about the JL as a replacement but with a Henry saying goodbye to the role i may stay with my Reeves and see who the next reboot brings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would still have at least a Cavill Supes if you’re a Supes fan. He starred in the role in three films, so it’s not like he was a one and done like Routh for instance. Plus, if you omit Superman III and IV, he was in the role for more films than Reeve.

I think he carved out a space for himself as having had a significant amount of time in the role.

I’m sticking with my MoS and BvS Supermans, being that those are my top two favorite DCEU films. No JL Supes for me.

I would still have at least a Cavill Supes if you’re a Supes fan. He starred in the role in three films, so it’s not like he was a one and done like Routh for instance. Plus, if you omit Superman III and IV, he was in the role for more films than Reeve.

I think he carved out a space for himself as having had a significant amount of time in the role.

I’m sticking with my MoS and BvS Supermans, being that those are my top two favorite DCEU films. No JL Supes for me.

Why would people omit Superman III, and IV?

Many consider them to be atrocious films that had nothing to do with the first two, so some people omit them from canon for their own peace of mind. Including Bryan Singer.

Well if we're playing that game then Cavill's movie count would be one, and that's if I'm being generous. :wink1:

Personally, I couldn’t care less what you would personally consider canon and don’t. So feel free to play that “game” I guess?

Kind of ironic though that you think I’m bashing Reeve while you obviously aren’t a fan of Cavill’s Superman, yet I have an avatar of Reeve and you of Cavill. :lol

Personally, I couldn’t care less what you would personally consider canon and don’t. So feel free to play that “game” I guess?

Kind of ironic though that you think I’m bashing Reeve while you obviously aren’t a fan of Cavill’s Superman, yet I have an avatar of Reeve and you of Cavill. :lol

I don't think your bashing Reeve. Just thought it's kind of a silly way of looking at things. Reeve was in four films. Cavill was in three. Regardless of quality for both guys.

And yes, I've been lazy with my avatar. :lol

I don't think your bashing Reeve. Just thought it's kind of a silly way of looking at things. Reeve was in four films. Cavill was in three. Regardless of quality for both guys.

And yes, I've been lazy with my avatar. :lol

I concur. However, there's other people who like to consider their own "personal" canons to things predicated on what they like and don't like. This is mostly prevalent in especially Star Wars. That's what I was referring to. :duff

Which is all good and fine. One is free to include and omit whatever they want in the "canon" in their mind, but that's not what happened.

Cavill's been in a Carl's Jr burger advert so that makes it 4 a piece ;)

Completely in agreement with the people thinking that keeping (or buying) one representation of Cavill's Supes will be a good idea, especially BvS and (hopefully) JL versions. The BvS Trinity looked great when they were released and hopefully the JL version will up the ante a bit more. I already think the JL WW is an improvement over the BvS (but that's a discussion for another thread) and so far, the consensus on the Tech Suit Bats is mostly positive. The more vibrant suit, extra detail and finally an inclusion of an official heat vision headsculpt seems to make the JL Supes the ultimate one to own. Lastly, even though Cavill is done with the role, I really doubt DC/WB will be recasting the role anytime soon so there may not be another HT Supes for years.

Been trying to determine what make the likeness somewhat off, and it's that his nose is too big and the overall face height is just a tad short. If there's some way of stretching the face down...

Still, I'm waiting for mine to come. That would complete my Christopher Reeve Superman/Michael Keaton Batman and Ben Affleck Batman/Henry Cavill Superman (coming soon) collection.

Back