1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But hasn't Clark Kent always been more down to earth and relatable than Bruce Wayne unless you happen to be a billionaire? I've never found Superman, Clark, Kal or whatever guise he's in boring. He's not as universally popular as Batman but I put a lot of that down to how he's been mishandled on screen for the last 30+ years.

Found these to be pretty interesting and cool. First time I actually took the time to read these articles:

Cw6i-OlUcAEhGe0.jpg

Cw6i-OtUsAA3ior.jpg

Edit: After reading them again, I'm more inclined to say that the verbiage in those particular articles is fan written and not necessarily what it actually said in the ones shown in the film.

But hasn't Clark Kent always been more down to earth and relatable than Bruce Wayne unless you happen to be a billionaire? I've never found Superman, Clark, Kal or whatever guise he's in boring. He's not as universally popular as Batman but I put a lot of that down to how he's been mishandled on screen for the last 30+ years.

Superman is more popular than Batman among the non-comic/geek community. Superman is the most famous superhero in the world. Don't let comic geeks' distain for him fool you.

Yup, I don't find his stories to be boring. I have and continue to read all the Superman and Wonder Woman titles and titles with those two in them. I'll pick up Flash and Batman every now and then though.

Superman is more popular than Batman among the non-comic/geek community. Superman is the most famous superhero in the world. Don't let comic geeks' distain for him fool you.

this :lecture :goodpost:

Superman is more widely known, but I do actually think a lot of people still gravitate towards Batman.

To be fair, she's basically the female counterpart to Superman in terms of powers. She can fly, has mega strength and an array of other powers. If she's OP, it's only by the same extent that Supes is.

In the comics, they have retconned Wonder Woman so much in the past few years that she is basically a god. She may very well be more powerful than Superman now.

Of course. But it just makes her better rather than worse in my opinion. Always one more person able to deal with Superman if he goes rogue.

Don't give Snyder ideas! No rogue Supes in this universe please, he's been plenty dark enough already :lol

Of course. But it just makes her better rather than worse in my opinion. Always one more person able to deal with Superman if he goes rogue.

:exactly:

Even if he never actually goes rogue in this universe, it's kind of interesting to have another member of the JL be slightly more powerful than Supes. Then again, WW has been doing this for 100+ years (with a hiatus of course), whereas Supes has only been "Superman" for roughly 2 years. There's still room for character growth with him where he could potentially discover untapped power as he matures even more and while WW may potentially be more powerful than him right now, he could eventually supplant WW in terms of power.

Don't give Snyder ideas! No rogue Supes in this universe please, he's been plenty dark enough already :lol

I personally don't think it's the character itself that is "dark", it's just the world (today's world) that he exists/lives in is darker and a lot more complex in contrast to any previous rendition of the character.

Although I concur that I don't want to see Supes actually go rogue. I feel the knightmare/alternate reality scene in BvS was enough to give a nod to that storyline.

Just curious, did they ever explain how the kryptonite rock came to be in the film? I remember they found bits and pieces of it around the Indian Ocean world engine (and I'm assuming some around the one in Metropolis), but was created from the explosion or destruction of the ship, or was it a part of the ship? And if so, why would Zod and the Kryptonians have it around them if it could kill them?

Just curious, did they ever explain how the kryptonite rock came to be in the film? I remember they found bits and pieces of it around the Indian Ocean world engine (and I'm assuming some around the one in Metropolis), but was created from the explosion or destruction of the ship, or was it a part of the ship? And if so, why would Zod and the Kryptonians have it around them if it could kill them?

It was exploded/altered pieces of the World Engine, which had become radioactive in a way that could harm Superman/Kryptonians.
Just radioactive kryptonian material. It was pretty explicitly remnants of the World Engine, right down to the "Somewhere in the indian ocean" tagline.

It was exploded/altered pieces of the World Engine, which had become radioactive in a way that could harm Superman/Kryptonians.
Just radioactive kryptonian material. It was pretty explicitly remnants of the World Engine, right down to the "Somewhere in the indian ocean" tagline.

Awesome, thanks! :duff

I thought it was a result of the World Engine terraforming earth. I didn't realize it was the exploded World Engine that caused it. Either way, it is a better explanation than exploded bits of Krypton.

I thought it was a result of the World Engine terraforming earth. I didn't realize it was the exploded World Engine that caused it. Either way, it is a better explanation than exploded bits of Krypton.

There's probably an argument for both explanations. Premature shutdown of the world engine which was recreating krypton resulted in either the world engine's structure becoming radioactive kryptonite, or transformed earth minerals into kryptonite.
Either way, i am cool with it just being there. We might never get an explanation, but our imaginations can fill in the blanks, lol.

I'm not sure exactly how, whether it was a result of the WE terraforming Earth or fragments of the WE, but it had to do with the WE, which personally makes enough sense to me. Like Username said, you can fill in the blanks yourself. If I recall correctly, I believe Luthor had a small sample of Kryptonite found in Metropolis that was created from the Black Zero (the one they tested on Zod and realized it decays Kryptonian skin cells), and that's what prompted him to search the Indian Ocean for more (and larger) samples of it. The guy at the beginning that cracked open the rock I believe was contracted by Luthor to find it, as he seemed to know precisely what he was looking for (likely as instructed by Luthor) by cracking open the rock.

Just opened this up and plopped him on the stand. Great figure! I'm surprised at just how much better he is than the MOS version. Glad I didn't pass. HT finally got a cape right too. More and better pics later.

IMG_8707.jpg

Back