1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b47image.jpeg

a05image.jpeg

I hope this won't be the only superman release from the BvS line. So I will propose something, and I think this is an idea some can get behind:

They need to do another 2 in 1 release for this version of superman. There are two options to go with this;

Option A-2 in 1 similar to the routh version. No extra body, but it comes with a suit that can go over the superman outfit, a Clark HS, and removable boots so you can swap them out for regular shoes. The superman HS could either be the current HS, but tweaked to service heat vision, OR, exact-non tweaked HS, but still has heat vision. Boom, no need to charge $300 for it because omitting a 2nd body can keep costs down.

Option B-2 in 1, but go the whole distance and include a 2nd body to serve as Clark. Superman stays the same, but regular HS is swapped out for heat vision HS. That way they don't cannibalize sales for this current release. Price will definitely be north of $300 due to the 2nd body.

If I were calling the shots, I'd go with option A. As I've mentioned before, superman doesn't sell all that well in Asia. Yeah it can look awesome and lifelike...but many of the buyers there want more for their buck. Living in Guangzhou China, Ive learned a lot in the ways of bargaining (that's not to say bargaining is an exclusive thing to China, but its a way of life. You can't walk 10 feet in a crowded mall without hearing the words from customers "how about x amount for this?", followed by sales reps saying "sorry, it's the lowest we can go"...it's kind of the reason why many shop owners have a nasty attitude with customers. They come in, bargain, and end up not buying)

So for a superman figure, Extra hands and a green rock (which coincidentally is exclusive) don't cut it.

Hot Toys loves variants, as an exclusive in the future I could see them making another armored Batman with the damaged mask and include the spear.

I totally agree with you that HT loves variants (I collect IM) but due to the reception of the movie and the sell through numbers for the figures, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Hot Toys loves variants, as an exclusive in the future I could see them making another armored Batman with the damaged mask and include the spear.

:exactly:

To me, the biggest clue is there NOT already being a spear. It's too vital of a component in the film to not include as an accessory with any current figure if they didn't plan on making a variant that will include it.

That's a great sculpt, QGF. In my opinion though, it makes him look a little older than what he actually is.

It looks more like Cavils dad. Very nice sculpt but doesn't have that youthful look. Looks like him in 15 years.

It looks more like Cavils dad. Very nice sculpt but doesn't have that youthful look. Looks like him in 15 years.

It's an illusion, the lighter color of the eyebrows make him looks older than the sculpt.
If someone can Photoshop a darker color for the brows and eyes it'll look just right.

your set up looks great mate ,in fact in my opinion and no slight on anyone elses work ,id say even out of all the awesome mods,repaints and photography in the man of steel thread and elsewhere on the site ,your group shot shows the superman figure off to its full potential and it looks so lifelike and natural that its hard to believe its just 12 inches approx tall lol ,they look awesome :duff
Oh wow! :thud:

Thank you for the very kind words, Libby :1-1:
I think some light reflection crept into that shot making the hair appear too light (almost grey).

How's this?

504image.jpeg

Very nice sculpt, QGF :rock

That's the Modern Life one, right?

Yep! It came out a short while ago and was punishingly limited to only 15 pieces total or some such nonsense. So basically it was sold out as soon as it was announced. So if you manage to track one down, get out the BIG checkbook...

Yep! It came out a short while ago and was punishingly limited to only 15 pieces total or some such nonsense. So basically it was sold out as soon as it was announced. So if you manage to track one down, get out the BIG checkbook...
No regrets then.
Instead of selling very few of these for $350 a pop Modern Life should mass produce them Hong Kong style and sell them for $30 on Ebay.
They'd make a lot more money.

:exactly:

To me, the biggest clue is there NOT already being a spear. It's too vital of a component in the film to not include as an accessory with any current figure if they didn't plan on making a variant that will include it.

Not everything that's a vital component of a film makes it into an accessory though. Look at AoU as an example, not one figure came with Loki's scepter. Even though 3 figures from Avengers 1 came with them, it was still important to the movie shown in numerous scenes. Look, I'm not disagreeing with you per-se, it's just that because the movie and merchandise didn't/aren't doing so well, coupled with the fact that Bats and Supes aren't as popular in the Asian market, I just wouldn't bet that we will see an official HT Kryptonite spear. There will be 3rd parties making them and I'd suggest that anyone who wants one for their figures, buys it instead of betting on HT to make one.

Not everything that's a vital component of a film makes it into an accessory though. Look at AoU as an example, not one figure came with Loki's scepter. Even though 3 figures from Avengers 1 came with them, it was still important to the movie shown in numerous scenes. Look, I'm not disagreeing with you per-se, it's just that because the movie and merchandise didn't/aren't doing so well, coupled with the fact that Bats and Supes aren't as popular in the Asian market, I just wouldn't bet that we will see an official HT Kryptonite spear. There will be 3rd parties making them and I'd suggest that anyone who wants one for their figures, buys it instead of betting on HT to make one.

That's a good point regarding Loki's scepter, I hadn't considered that. I have a sneaking suspicion though they may do a BD Armored Bats. May not be this year or the next, but perhaps at some point. I don't say that out of hoping they do because even if they did, I personally wouldn't have any interest in it. The MCU though didn't really gain traction until A1, so it's possible the same could happen for the DCEU with JL. If so, it's possible they may try and capitalize on it by doing a variant of a previous figure.

Even if HT did produce a Kryptonite spear, I feel that custom ones would probably be a bit more detailed and accurate, anyway.

I wonder if HT will do a Doomsday figure. Probably not, I guess.

Sad that we only got 3 figures from Man of Steel, especially considering how kickass Faora was.

Back