1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my review of the new Hot Toys Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice Superman exclusive. Overall a definite improvement over the first Man of Steel figure, but not ankle creases annoy me lol

Great review. I like how the cape on yours sits right along the back of the neckline, without any of the suit showing. Most of the ones I've seen, including mine, shows a little bit of the blue suit at the back at the neck. Like yours, even though they're both pretty stiff, the left leg on mine also feels a little bit stiffer than the right when trying to move it outward. I'm sure it'll probably articulate if you force it, but I'm not going to force it.

Some more pictures of mine:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If one were to turn the lights out and take a picture using flash, I think the suit would be able to capture this particular scene extremely well:

batman-v-superman-featured.jpg

Nice pics! Yes, my right hip joint was definitely tight. But off camera I put a bit more force and the joint got free. It now has the same firm movement out to the side and forward so it's all good. Not sure why those joints sometimes gets stuck. My old Sideshow Darth Vader has a stuck elbow and I had to totally undress it to force it free so it could bend the full amount!

In the end, luckily nothing snapped and the joints all move nicely and firmly without being loose.

Nice pics! Yes, my right hip joint was definitely tight. But off camera I put a bit more force and the joint got free. It now has the same firm movement out to the side and forward so it's all good. Not sure why those joints sometimes gets stuck. My old Sideshow Darth Vader has a stuck elbow and I had to totally undress it to force it free so it could bend the full amount!

In the end, luckily nothing snapped and the joints all move nicely and firmly without being loose.

Thanks!

Yeah, that's how my left one is (from the figure's perspective). It still moves outward a bit, but it still feels pretty stiff. It doesn't really bother me though because I pretty much already have him in the pose I'm going to be leaving him in and it doesn't necessitate having to overly bend the legs any which way. Like mentioned, I'm sure if I really wanted it to, it'll budge even further if I just start playing with the joint. The small, top joint on the ring finger of the left hand of my Ultron Prime figure doesn't seem to want to articulate either. Applying force to it makes it feel like the entire finger is going to break off, but I'm sure if I really wanted it to move, I could figure out some way to get it to bend. However, again, doesn't really bother me being that the joint at least bends at the knuckle.

Edit: Ok, I got it to move. You getting yours to inspired me to get mine to. :lol

when you have both in-hand... i honestly want to put my MOS back in his box.

The way I get around the MoS figure looking inferior is not having them displayed side by side. I have the MoS figure (with the rest of the MoS line) displayed in a separate room that I do the BvS Superman, and ultimately the rest of the BvS line. It allows me to appreciate each figure equally.

Edit: Ok, I got it to move. You getting yours to inspired me to get mine to. :lol

The way I get around the MoS figure looking inferior is not having them displayed side by side. I have the MoS figure (with the rest of the MoS line) displayed in a separate room than I do the BvS Superman, and ultimately the rest of the BvS line. It allows me to appreciate each figure equally.

LOL win!!!:hi5:

Yeah, I have my first Man of Steel displayed next to Reeve Superman. Then this new BvS Superman will go with BvS Batman and Wonder Woman.

LOL win!!!:hi5:

Yeah, I have my first Man of Steel displayed next to Reeve Superman. Then this new BvS Superman will go with BvS Batman and Wonder Woman.

Thanks! :duff

I have my MoS Supes displayed on a detolf shelf with the rest of the MoS line, then I have Reeve Supes on the shelf below with the FoS base. BvS Supes is in a display curio in an entirely different room, and ultimately, that's where Bats, WW and Armored Bats will go as well.

So I received my two KO HS. And they're pretty damn nice...but I know the legit version is better.

Ugh Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Beware: You won't be able to stop looking at him once you get it. :lol

Got mine today. It is a very well done figure, but it's staying in the box until at least Batman comes out to display him with. I've always been more of a Batman fan, than a Superman fan. The only reason I actually got this figure was because I was already getting Batman and really liked the look of Wonder Woman, so I figured I needed the entire Trinity.

anyone have any pics of just the body? nothing is showing up on google or ebay.

Thanks in advance

I'v asked this before but have to check:

everybody who got Supes from Sideshow how was it packaged? just regular card box? or into big box? Cz I'm using forwarder company and have to pay for box size.
Hey, did your freight forwarder receive the figure? How much was the volumetric weight of the figure? I am thinking of using a freight forwarding service as well. Please let me know, thanks!! :)

Sent from my X9076 using Tapatalk

Hey, did your freight forwarder receive the figure? How much was the volumetric weight of the figure? I am thinking of using a freight forwarding service as well. Please let me know, thanks!! :)

Sent from my X9076 using Tapatalk

Figure will be delivered tomorrow to the address in US and after one week in my country. Every figure or package I got from them, so from my experience for Supes, I will pay about 30$. I got limited Edition Doll from Disneystoro week ago,box was much bigger than Sideshow Package cz doll is 17inch tall and I payed 40$. Hope this helps. volumetric weight is weird and expensive but this is 100% safe for me than to ship directly to my address from USA. Better pay extra than lost package :D lol.

anyone have any pics of just the body? nothing is showing up on google or ebay.

Thanks in advance
It's a real conundrum. I have never seen a figure released and NOT parted out. Weird they decided not to part this one yet.

Agreed. I check eBay twice a day for pics of the body. From what I can see it looks like they used parts of the Roadblock arms namely the forearms. New thighs, shoulders and biceps is my guess. I have all kinds of ideas for kit-bashes especially since this one is more to scale with the rest of the traditional 1/6 scale figures from HT, SSC, Enterbay, Three Zero, DAM and others.

Back