1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pass on that cheesy looking Batman..

slap-gif-14.gif

Question: if it's recommended not to leave the figure in the box for too long due to rubber rot, is it advisable to keep it in a glass or acrylic case?

I'm mainly concerned about dust, which I would think is a bigger problem for rubber, but if air buildup is what causes rot, are my hands tied?

Question: if it's recommended not to leave the figure in the box for too long due to rubber rot, is it advisable to keep it in a glass or acrylic case?

I'm mainly concerned about dust, which I would think is a bigger problem for rubber, but if air buildup is what causes rot, are my hands tied?

I wouldn't leave any figure that has a suit of this material in the box. Seen plenty of examples of the suit fusing in places. Glass or perspex is advisable, that's how I keep all my figures. I use a makeup brush with very soft bristles to dust them every now and again but dust is slow to build inside a detolf. I guess in a completely sealed case you wouldn't get any dust at all.

I wouldn't leave any figure that has a suit of this material in the box. Seen plenty of examples of the suit fusing in places. Glass or perspex is advisable, that's how I keep all my figures. I use a makeup brush with very soft bristles to dust them every now and again but dust is slow to build inside a detolf. I guess in a completely sealed case you wouldn't get any dust at all.

Yes on all points. I've just now started dusting my figures with makeup brushes as well. I also think some sort of trophy case like a detolf is ideal. At least then it's not completely air tight. I've mentioned this before, but my wife had an issue with a designer purse in which the leather started to become dry because it was left in the box that it was packaged in. She was told that the leather needs to be able to breathe and that just keeping it in the provided dust bag is sufficient. Thankfully we got it replaced. With that in mind, I'm sure this applies to the rubber or any of the materials for that matter that Hot Toys uses. Keeping it sealed in the air tight Hot Toys packaging with all the changes in weather over time is sure to do a number on the figure. Especially the rubber and pleather clothing pieces.

While we're on the subject, I have a question about detolf lighting. I'm probably going to do a new set up with a number of detolfs and I was wondering if the lighting might be too harsh on the figures over time? Or is that just me being paranoid? Any insight or input on this would be great! Thanks in advance!

I have a question about detolf lighting. I'm probably going to do a new set up with a number of detolfs and I was wondering if the lighting might be too harsh on the figures over time? Or is that just me being paranoid? Any insight or input on this would be great! Thanks in advance!

Most people, including myself, generally use the Dioder LED light strips from IKEA that look like this when installed in detolfs:

bf38b5d33fb32a0eaa8c8994e5aa6a73.jpg

They emit extremely little to no heat at all. I put my hand over mine and can't feel any heat. Never have heard anyone having problems with them where they damage paint apps. However, when actually searching for them on IKEA's site, I came across another forum that said they're possibly being discontinued. Not sure if perhaps you can still get them on sites like Amazon or even eBay.

Here's a couple of threads where other freaks discuss detolf and display cabinet lighting:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?33999-Lights-for-Detolf

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ng.html?highlight=Lighting&highlight=Lighting

Most people, including myself, generally use the Dioder LED light strips from IKEA that look like this when installed in detolfs:

bf38b5d33fb32a0eaa8c8994e5aa6a73.jpg

They emit extremely little to no heat at all. I put my hand over mine and can't feel any heat. Never have heard anyone having problems with them where they damage paint apps. However, when actually searching for them on IKEA's site, I came across another forum that said they're possibly being discontinued. Not sure if perhaps you can still get them on sites like Amazon or even eBay.

Here's a couple of threads where other freaks discuss detolf and display cabinet lighting:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?33999-Lights-for-Detolf

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ng.html?highlight=Lighting&highlight=Lighting

Awesome! Looking good!

And thanks for the heads up! It looks like they're indeed discontinued. Although there were mentions of them possibly coming out with something similar to this on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSF65MC?tag=viglink20786-20

I'll probably just get these if Ikea doesn't have something comparable by the time I get my detolfs.

Oh no, that's not my display. That's just an image of a random display I found to use an example to show what the light strips look like when installed in the detolf. :lol

That should work also though.

北京国安;9452465 said:
257be527ec85ad26056081365eabac85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks really good. Did you pad the chest? The cowl doesn't touch the symbol at all. Can you tell us how you achieved this look?

The environment in which you live has a greater effect on the materials than any dust. Ask anybody living in a humid region.

The environment in which you live has a greater effect on the materials than any dust. Ask anybody living in a humid region.

Seems like my apartment is on the dry side with easy dust build-up. Been vacuuming more regularly and also have a purifier in the collection room to clean the air. You reckon excessive dryness could present a problem?

Guess I'd better break out the humidifier and humidity gauge. Gonna try and keep that sucker at 50% at all times. Only way to be sure.

Anyone interested in buying or trading for this one? I'll be receiving the SS batman this week and am thinking I won't need to hold on to this BvS version. Shoot me a PM if any are interested. Also selling VOL. 1 Star-Lord and TASM 2 spidey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back