1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez you Europeans must be getting screwed with the QC shipping and packing quality on these ..must be a Trump thing :pfft:

Sooo...a week ago I received my first batman from Forbidden planet.com, and I sent it back for a replacement, due to the cowl having a weird blemish at the front centre, which I attempted to rub off but it didn't help, as this weird blemish left a big shiny spot on the cowl which was irreparable.

Today I received my replacement and it has the same problem only worse this time.

Here are some pictures straight out of the box.

I believe this issue is happening to the cowl either reacting with this white foam pad, or friction when the figure is in the box due to this white foam pad:

I believe the white pad (which is actually meant for protection) is damaging the rubbery textured effect of the cowl, which is the excess black material you can see has pooled up in the images, which then leaves a shiny, smooth spot on the cowl. Making it look Horrible.

This issue was discussed last week on here, so I know I'm not the only person having issues with this. So I thought this post may help people to understand the issue.

I am going to try and gently rub off the damage tonight with a cotton bud (q-tip) I will post the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solution:
1_zpsbgckprju.jpg

I know bud. Don't worry, I'm sure yours will be fine. Just extremely Bad luck that I've had 2 like this.

Hey man, that's exactly, EXACTLY how mine looked when it arrived. Use your thumb and some water/spit and rub it off until it leaves a shiny mark, and then keep working at it until the shiny bit is gone as well. Took me a good 10-15 minutes on mine and I really had to put some effort into it, at first I thought it had left a permanent shiny mark too. I was either too optimistic or too stupid maybe but I kept going and the shiny bit finally came off as well. I don't think it would be possible to get enough pressure/force with a q tip to actually get it completely removed--I'm thinking you might be hesitant to use the amount of elbow grease it needs.

I still don't understand how you guys are getting away without covering the logo's ears. I've pulled the suit down as much as possible but still no dice.

Try a few cotton wool balls. I used one behind each pec and half of one at the neck line.

IMG_2651.jpgIMG_2649.jpg

Hey man, that's exactly, EXACTLY how mine looked when it arrived. Use your thumb and some water/spit and rub it off until it leaves a shiny mark, and then keep working at it until the shiny bit is gone as well. Took me a good 10-15 minutes on mine and I really had to put some effort into it, at first I thought it had left a permanent shiny mark too. I was either too optimistic or too stupid maybe but I kept going and the shiny bit finally came off as well. I don't think it would be possible to get enough pressure/force with a q tip to actually get it completely removed--I'm thinking you might be hesitant to use the amount of elbow grease it needs.
Thanks for the advice pal,

Like you say I am probably hesitant to put too much force on in fear of removing any more texture and leaving it shiny...and also you don't want to excessively rub these things when tey're brand new!

I don't mean this in a bad way, but it's actually good to know some one else's was exactly like mine :lol I'm trying to rub it down as I type this.

Thanks for the advice pal,

Like you say I am probably hesitant to put too much force on in fear of removing any more texture and leaving it shiny...and also you don't want to excessively rub these things when tey're brand new!

I don't mean this in a bad way, but it's actually good to know some one else's was exactly like mine :lol I'm trying to rub it down as I type this.

Yeah man, just work at it and see what happens. Think of your finger tips as just really, really fine sandpaper. If you don't see a difference, I would then recommend masking that spot off and hitting it with some Testor's dullcote which should dull the shiny part and blend pretty seamlessly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back