1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman body modification

The mod is a tricky one. But if you look at these pictures, the bulky body builder look is what they're after.

No, the proportions are quite different.
HT's figure is very good out of the box.
It seems to me you focus on some of the padding but miss the proportions and overall silhouette.

Not a big deal but wonder why this change was made?
213d577d5e455f3f21b4db6ccbb7c96e.jpg

0a95b7030a271753bbb4c3f002eb3ba7.jpg

None of that texture pattern in the cowl in movie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked the BluRay when this figure was released to see if the cowl had patterns, and YES, it has those patterns. The patterns are just smaller -- finer -- that it blends well with the metallic color.

Hm. I just realised that his cowl is pretty hi-tech. Maybe that's why he could take two gunshots to the head up close :lol

@unrealtoys man, nice sculpt work on the arms...looks beast for sure. When is this supposed to start shipping from sideshow?

I have a question about head sculpts. Can they fit on any peg? Never done a custom before...so I want to make sure. Thanks!
Depends by what you mean any peg. The custom ones in your link has a neck so you need the HT neck adaptor part to fit into a truetype like body. More customisation is needed if you want it to fit onto a body with a neck. Like removing the neck of the custom head for example.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Re: Batman body modification

No, the proportions are quite different.
HT's figure is very good out of the box.
It seems to me you focus on some of the padding but miss the proportions and overall silhouette.

Yeah the problem with just making the arms bigger on this is it suddenly makes the waist look a whole lot smaller than it should be. Which just isn't the shape Affleck has in the movie at all.

If there's anything that really needs beefing up on the figure, it's the traps and torso, not the arms.

Hm. I just realised that his cowl is pretty hi-tech. Maybe that's why he could take two gunshots to the head up close :lol

You're head could be made out of steal but a point blank gunshot his still going to knock your brain around and drop you. I hate that part in the movie but it's minor.

Of all the ridiculous things that happen in comic book movies...

1. That's what you get when you try to make your comic book movie so serious and "real". People put a more grounded realistic eye on the movie. That's why Marvel movies can get away with stuff that might be a complaint in other movies.

2. You might have missed the part where I said it was minor.

1. That's what you get when you try to make your comic book movie so serious and "real". People put a more grounded realistic eye on the movie. That's why Marvel movies can get away with stuff that might be a complaint in other movies.

People are stupid.
The tone, the looks might be more realistic, its not naturalism.
These are still comic book movies.
Theres a guy flying and shooting lasers out of his eyes for god sake...
Even Nolan went for naturalism but had to let it go at one point.

You still said you hate it though.

Hahaha. Sorry, that literally made me laugh out loud. Yes, I did say I hated that part. I'm sure you never have nitpicks about anything.

People are stupid.
The tone, the looks might be more realistic, its not naturalism.
These are still comic book movies.
Theres a guy flying and shooting lasers out of his eyes for god sake...
Even Nolan went for naturalism but had to let it go at one point.

People are people. You can work with them and their eccentricities or work against them and hope your movie will do well in spite of that. It's the directors job to set tone and expectations. Clearly, most people and critics thought Snyder failed.

There's nothing real about MOS or BVS and Civil War is as serious as any of them.
Maybe it's time to quit superheroes altogether.

Back