1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed- his portrayl was far better than Spacey's awful Lex and I am so tired of that interpretation of him. Apparently so was Snyder.

The Hackman/Spacey Lex had obviously run it's course, but I don't see much of an improvement with Eisenberg's Lex either. I'd say he measures about the same on the camp scale, and is just too whacky and crazy in general to be a decent Lex Luthor. Like his predecessors he has a few decent moments, but for the most part it's just buried underneath too much other nonsense. Which is a shame because I think had he been written better Eisenberg would have done fine in the role.

On SR – Routh did great, the movie let him down. Spacey was a great choice for Luthor, but then they had him impersonate Hackman and gave him another scheme which basically boiled down to Lex getting his hands on real estate! Lois was completely miscast and the whole storyline with the kid was awful... there were some great set pieces in there though - saving the shuttle/plane is an amazing action sequence... still beats a lot of more recent CBM action set pieces for me.

I totally agree with you on this. Routh was fine as Superman, hell he could have been great if given a better script and a better film to showcase what he could do. I've come to this conclusion over the last couple of years watching him play Ray Palmer on Arrow, The Flash and now Legends of Tomorrow. The guy brings out all the qualities of a great superhero character--charisma, charm and a square jaw sense of righteousness. That's everything Superman needs. Its too damn sad that Superman Returns was a mess cause Routh's Superman could have been the stuff of legend. And that's nothing against Henry Cavill either. I love the guy cause he brings all that stuff I just mentioned to the table. But Routh lost out.

My sentiments as well regarding Routh and the jetliner/space shuttle scene in SR.

One of the things about BvS that I wasn't expecting to like was the take on Lex Luthor. I really loved the performance and thought it was a lot more interesting than the character has been portrayed on screen before.

I was onboard for his Lex, but I never expected to like it much. I ended up loving him. The speech about power and knowledge and the millennial entrepreneur take were really invigorating, IMO. And I really enjoy Jesse's performance. He has quite a range, IMO. And not everyone is a character actor.

Also, the fact that he hasn't deviated from his safe zone yet doesn't mean he can't or won't (that might be the case, but we don't know yet). He is young and might be stuck in a type of character. I read somewhere that he tested for another role (Jimmy Olsen) and they decided he should do Lex exactly cause of his previous roles. And although it seems similar, I thought he had a range I didn't expect as Lex.

Many actor were considered limited or even just a pretty face until suddenly a break out role.

Eisenberg was great as Luthor.
Lex's story is in some ways the mirror image of Bruce Wayne's.
Both are wealthy, unhinged men who distrust Superman's power and want him dead but they end up in very different places.
Batman is saved, ready to lead the good fight and Luthor ends up (literally?) damned.
They're also the two characters in the film who are clearly shown to have a link to Apokolips.
Terrific stuff.

Eisenberg was great as Luthor.
Lex's story is in some ways the mirror image of Bruce Wayne's.
Both are wealthy, unhinged men who distrust Superman's power and want him dead but they end up in very different places.
Batman is saved, ready to lead the good fight and Luthor ends up (literally?) damned.

They're also the two characters in the film who are clearly shown to have a link to Apokolips.
Terrific stuff.

:exactly:

Both are meant to represent the cynical views of our world. Both are men that fell victim to this. The difference is, one is able to be redeemed and the other isn't.

Personally, I can't wait to see how Lex will evolve and develop from all of this. BVS is the beginning of everything and I feel the way things have happened are important for everything that comes next in the cinematic universe. I'm pretty excited.

I was onboard for his Lex, but I never expected to like it much. I ended up loving him. The speech about power and knowledge and the millennial entrepreneur take were really invigorating, IMO. And I really enjoy Jesse's performance. He has quite a range, IMO. And not everyone is a character actor.

Also, the fact that he hasn't deviated from his safe zone yet doesn't mean he can't or won't (that might be the case, but we don't know yet). He is young and might be stuck in a type of character. I read somewhere that he tested for another role (Jimmy Olsen) and they decided he should do Lex exactly cause of his previous roles. And although it seems similar, I thought he had a range I didn't expect as Lex.

Many actor were considered limited or even just a pretty face until suddenly a break out role.

:goodpost: Indeed. But I heard he didn't want to play Olsen. I think taking Lex in another direction than we are used to was ballsy. I liked that he mirrored Batman, but also his eternal struggle, with Eisenberg portrayed very well. I'm very much looking forward to the next movie. Sadly, this do as well as it should have, but I do believe that the next one will make a billion+ ww.

:goodpost: Indeed. But I heard he didn't want to play Olsen. I think taking Lex in another direction than we are used to was ballsy. I liked that he mirrored Batman, but also his eternal struggle, with Eisenberg portrayed very well. I'm very much looking forward to the next movie. Sadly, this do as well as it should have, but I do believe that the next one will make a billion+ ww.

Usually, group films are the ones that reach the billion milestone. I could be wrong on this, but with the exception of IM3, I don't think any MCU film outside of the Avengers and AoU has reached the billion dollar mark. I have a feeling CW though might do it, or at least come very close.

Usually, group films are the ones that reach the billion milestone. I could be wrong on this, but with the exception of IM3, I don't think any MCU film outside of the Avengers and AoU has reached the billion dollar mark. I have a feeling CW though might do it, or at least come very close.

Civil War is an Avengers film. Look at the line up. Yeah, I think it will make a billion as well. Haven't seen it, it might be brilliant. Winter Soldier was okay. So I think this will be fine as well. Not really looking forward to it. Tarzan and The Nice Guys is the next big things for me. And Tarzan is probably crap. Hated The Jungle Book - like a bad Mad Max: Fury Road, and it just felt fake. Everything felt fake. Sorry. I'm taking the kids to see Civil War and I'm sure we'll be entertained.

Civil War is an Avengers film. Look at the line up. Yeah, I think it will make a billion as well. Haven't seen it, it might be brilliant. Winter Soldier was okay. So I think this will be fine as well. Not really looking forward to it. Tarzan and The Nice Guys is the next big things for me. And Tarzan is probably crap. Hated The Jungle Book - like a bad Mad Max: Fury Road, and it just felt fake. Everything felt fake. Sorry. I'm taking the kids to see Civil War and I'm sure we'll be entertained.

Yeah, it essentially is going by the myriad of characters that it includes. Though I've heard from people that have seen it that they don't steal the spotlight from Captain America and that it still very much feels like a Captain America film. I'm really looking forward to CW, as it sounds like it'll probably be the most intense and most deepest film Marvel has done. It'll be one of those movies that I feel causes you to think and consider various points. I liked TWS very much, probably more so than both of the Avengers films, and I actually think I liked AoU more than I did A1.

So, how about that Hot Toys Batman figure? Does anyone here prefer the current body as opposed to an even beefier body that matches the movie? I'm on the fence now.

So, how about that Hot Toys Batman figure? Does anyone here prefer the current body as opposed to an even beefier body that matches the movie? I'm on the fence now.

Which beefy body did you see that matched the movie? because the original proto was beefy in all the wrong places.

No, no, no I meant Hot Toys modifying the new muscle body to make a new even more muscular and more cut version that matches the move. Oh, lord, that original prototype was horrendous.

Yeah, it essentially is going by the myriad of characters that it includes. Though I've heard from people that have seen it that they don't steal the spotlight from Captain America and that it still very much feels like a Captain America film. I'm really looking forward to CW, as it sounds like it'll probably be the most intense and most deepest film Marvel has done. It'll be one of those movies that I feel causes you to think and consider various points. I liked TWS very much, probably more so than both of the Avengers films, and I actually think I liked AoU more than I did A1.

Saw it yesterday, and no, it didn't feel like a Captain America film to me. It was pretty much an Avengers movie.
It's intense in that the action is pretty much non-stop, but it didn't really seem very deep or thoughtful. But it's a fun ride in the usual Marvel vein.

Saw it yesterday, and no, it didn't feel like a Captain America film to me. It was pretty much an Avengers movie.
It's intense in that the action is pretty much non-stop, but it didn't really seem very deep or thoughtful. But it's a fun ride in the usual Marvel vein.

It's far deeper than most, to be fair.

No, no, no I meant Hot Toys modifying the new muscle body to make a new even more muscular and more cut version that matches the move. Oh, lord, that original prototype was horrendous.

I think it's a HUGE improvement over the original prototype. I still wish his shoulders were a bit bigger though.

I actually didn't like Lex in B v S. I understand wanting to move away from previous film Luthors, but it difficult to believe that Lex (in that twitchy, oddball fashion) would be allowed to still run LexCorp. Steve Jobs was forced out of Apple when his obsession/passion became uncomfortable for board members, and any business leader making a speech like Lex did, would not still be running the company the next quarter. To me, it was a missed opportunity to make Lex a serious threat to the world and Superman, and instead it was another attempt at a "Joker"-type villain.

Although the body of this Bats has improved, I think he could be beefier, and .... harder? Although the suit is made to look like cloth over muscles, it's obviously a muscle-suit or body armor. I think Hot Toys was trying too hard to make it look like a real person's body under the suit....

I actually didn't like Lex in B v S. I understand wanting to move away from previous film Luthors, but it difficult to believe that Lex (in that twitchy, oddball fashion) would be allowed to still run LexCorp. Steve Jobs was forced out of Apple when his obsession/passion became uncomfortable for board members, and any business leader making a speech like Lex did, would not still be running the company the next quarter. To me, it was a missed opportunity to make Lex a serious threat to the world and Superman, and instead it was another attempt at a "Joker"-type villain.

Although the body of this Bats has improved, I think he could be beefier, and .... harder? Although the suit is made to look like cloth over muscles, it's obviously a muscle-suit or body armor. I think Hot Toys was trying too hard to make it look like a real person's body under the suit....

Gotta agree with all of this. Very nice.

Back