1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough movie talk, let's get back to the actual figure. Does anyone have the most recent pics from secret base?

to say I'm late is an understatement but I've been busy. just saw this movie today. its a masterpiece. i don't understand how anyone with an IQ over 90 and a love for Superman and Batman wouldn't love this movie....

the only minor things were the character of Lex and the over ambitious story telling. Both minor in my opinion....very happy with this movie.

Glad you liked it!

I wouldn't say that people who disliked it must have an IQ lower than 90 because that's not true; people are free to like and dislike whatever they want. However, I do feel that a lot of the condemnation it's receiving is unwarranted and that it seems like a big part of what ruined the film for some people from what I glean is the character(s) weren't like what THEY wanted them to be like. They already have a pre conceived notion of what is the "right" and the "wrong" way to approach a character from their perspective based on any particular rendition that they felt appealed to them, so they judged the film based on that.

I personally felt the core of each character was very much apparent and present, just presented in a different way.

Enough movie talk, let's get back to the actual figure. Does anyone have the most recent pics from secret base?

No, nothing new with this figure that I'm aware of. I'm certain that if there were any new developments or pictures, they probably would have already been posted.

I know what you mean regarding keeping discussion centered on the figure because that's what this thread is for, but at the same time, I can see why people may digress because the figure hasn't been released yet and there's no new developments nor pictures that people aren't already privy of. Nothing new that nobody already knows, basically.

Funny... I could say the same thing about people who liked the movie. I won't, though. Wouldn't want to be rude, ya know? :wink1:

no. i have no idea what you're saying. this is the internet.

im not saying that to be rude. I'm saying that to emphasize how much i like this.

no one can make the perfect movie for everyone, so we all need to stop acting like they can by nit picking. sure there are some issues, but cmon, we got the holy trinity on screen for the first time ever. we got parademons.

we also have horrible cgi and the death of S crammed in a 15 minute block....but i get it. it was highly enjoyable to watch this movie despite the hiccups. and all movies have them.

so be rude. i won't care. this is the internet, we are all used to it.

When does Plastic enemies get a hold of these HT figures to be able to take photos? Maybe they'll take more dynamic poses.

so be rude. i won't care. this is the internet, we are all used to it.

Maybe we shouldn't be. I like the movie, I understand people who don't. All my friends hate it, and we all work in the film industry. I understand what they dislike. The film has problems. I liked Lex. Thought he was great. I can understand why people don't. But telling them they are less intelligent because they don't like it or him, that is rude and unnecessary. I understand you like the movie, sir, and I'm glad you do. But if we all strife to create a better tone on the internet, maybe we can change the world :)

I'd like to see it as well. Can't wait for this figure, hopefully Knightmare version will be released some time soon (for pre-order at least)

Maybe we shouldn't be. I like the movie, I understand people who don't. All my friends hate it, and we all work in the film industry. I understand what they dislike. The film has problems. I liked Lex. Thought he was great. I can understand why people don't. But telling them they are less intelligent because they don't like it or him, that is rude and unnecessary. I understand you like the movie, sir, and I'm glad you do. But if we all strife to create a better tone on the internet, maybe we can change the world :)

well, first off i was joking. didn't think i had to say that. i thought this was a place where you could make statements like that in jest and not have to explain it. again, i was just driving home the fact that i thought it was good. no great, despite calling it a masterpiece. it was one of the best superhero films i have seen, so in that regard it was. it did have issues, but most movies do. i don't mind. id rather have what we got than nothing at all or another batman and robin.

the figure is now a must own because of Affleck being the best batman in any form we ever got, and the improved suit.

i don't get the nightmare version. its a beaut, but it was a "nightmare" that lasted all of 5 minutes on screen. this feels like a marketing ploy only. people will buy it because its cool as hell, and that might be enough, but i won't. if he actually wore that like the armor, i think more people would buy in. in 5 years I'm sure this will be the one item people will be mad they didn't get tho. funny how that works.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.

13112828_1030042080408738_1544505444152863763_o.jpg

That's the old prototype. The new body is way better. I don't know why they keep using old Superman head sculpts, and bad batman bodies still in these exhibits.

That's the old prototype. The new body is way better. I don't know why they keep using old Superman head sculpts, and bad batman bodies still in these exhibits.

I figured. You'd think the superior versions would be what they wanted to show off.
We've only seen pictures of the new body [outside of the official pictures] at Secret Base, right?

I don't imagine they have many prototypes laying around. Especially when they're still working on them. Their flagship store always have the latest on show though

It looks a little bigger in this video on display with WW and Superman. I wouldn't put it past Hot Toys to even bulk him up a little more for production. Even if they don't he's pretty good for a first release of this version. Although I know in the back of my head the HT Batman figures for Justice League and his solo Batman film will be even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFzaXIIG8Q4

It looks a little bigger in this video on display with WW and Superman. I wouldn't put it past Hot Toys to even bulk him up a little more for production. Even if they don't he's pretty good for a first release of this version. Although I know in the back of my head the HT Batman figures for Justice League and his solo Batman film will be even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFzaXIIG8Q4

I don't know if it's the angle they're shooting him at, but the delts definitely look bulkier and rounder in that video than they do in the other photos/videos I've seen so far. Looks pretty good.

Even without the shoulders being bulked up, I'm very pleased with the new body. Miles better than the prototype version.

Back