Hot Toys Bespin Luke review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he's alluding to this https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=100054

The E web blaster is $150 by itself. I think most people who collect Star Wars related items expect to pay a licensing fee, but in this particular case the price for what you get seems pretty amazing. I also agree with an earlier comment that this is the best deal since the R&B Spiderman.

That's fine and I'm not saying I agree with the Michael's scoring but I do have a problem when people make comments like that just because they don't happen to agree. This site is full of them and normally I leave it alone but not this time.

Really? Wow. You are saying Michael Crawford is in the wrong hobby. What ever.:slap

If he thinks two HT figures and a playset is expensive for $300, wait until he sees the single figures HT is charging $200 for. So yeah, this is the wrong hobby for anyone who pauses at $300 for all we got in this box.

It's not just about what you get, it's how you use it :wink1:

I have no use for two figures with the same outfit. So I can see why the value gets athe average rating. $300 is still a lot of money but I'd have personally preferred no extra body and just and extra outfit like the Indy set.

I can see why he went for the rating. Decent review and I agree with pretty much everything in it.

It's not just about what you get, it's how you use it :wink1:

I have no use for two figures with the same outfit. So I can see why the value gets athe average rating. $300 is still a lot of money but I'd have personally preferred no extra body and just and extra outfit like the Indy set.

I can see why he went for the rating. Decent review and I agree with pretty much everything in it.

I wouldn't have any use for Wolverine's Sentinel base, but I won't deny it comes with him.... Sorry, but it's a fact. This set has two complete action figures (both complete with PERS) and a playset AND the excl head. HT would have had no problem selling a single one of those figures for $200 +.

And I doubt anyone who simply doesn't want their second figure would have any problem unloading him for $150 on Ebay.

Last edited:
I think he's alluding to this https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=100054

The E web blaster is $150 by itself. I think most people who collect Star Wars related items expect to pay a licensing fee, but in this particular case the price for what you get seems pretty amazing. I also agree with an earlier comment that this is the best deal since the R&B Spiderman.

No way you can compare the weather vane and the e-web. Not even remotely in the same class in terms of what you get. And people moaned endlessly about the $150 pricepoint saying it was overpriced by at least $50.

I love this set and think it's a great value in today's ever inflating market, but to try to infer that this is equivalent to two different, separately purchased figures is just not true. It is two of the same character/same outfit with different heads - a variation. This is a "multi-buy" - buy one, get one half off.

To keep things in perspective, two and a half years ago you could buy a DX set for half the price ($160) that was closer to two distinct figures. The DX01, while obviously lacking the second base body, had two totally different heads, two totally different outfits and associated accessories.

Last edited:
No way you can compare the weather vane and the e-web. Not even remotely in the same class in terms of what you get. And people moaned endlessly about the $150 pricepoint saying it was overpriced by at least $50.

I love this set and think it's a great value in today's ever inflating market, but to try to infer that this is equivalent to two different, separately purchased figures is just not true. It is two of the same character/same outfit with different heads - a variation. This is a "multi-buy" - buy one, get one half off.

To keep things in perspective, two and a half years ago you could buy a DX set for half the price ($160) that was closer to two distinct figures. The DX01, while obviously lacking the second base body, had two totally different heads, two totally different outfits and associated accessories.

Ok. For argument sake, I'll go along with you. Buy one, get one half off would be $200 +$100, but then we get the playset too and the Luke Vader head. I think you have to be very unrealistic about the current costs of this hobby to think this isn't a good deal.

Agree with your thoughts on the hair pieces, but your two issues with the outfit could be fixed by simply pulling the jacket down so it doesn't ride up on the shoulders, and thusly, the sleeves won't appear to be short.

Corrected for the pedantically inclined.

:lol

And I agree for the record. (And i still think those two outfits are manufactured quite cheaply in comparison to other current HT releases, the BD suit is barely treated? Corners were cut)

Last edited:
I wouldn't have any use for Wolverine's Sentinel base, but I won't deny it comes with him.... Sorry, but it's a fact. This set has two complete action figures (both complete with PERS) and a playset AND the excl head. HT would have had no problem selling a single one of those figures for $200 +.

And I doubt anyone who simply doesn't want their second figure would have any problem unloading him for $150 on Ebay.

I don't doubt that either but does that make it worth a $150? This hobby is extremely over priced as it is and I agree looking at the basics this is a great deal in the current climate.

For me though it's just a duplication. The suit is fairly cheap looking, the body is extremely cheap looking with terrible joints , the over all craftsmanship of the piece is not as high as say Jokers outfits and extra's or Jack Sparrows. I have no use for 2 of the same figure and I don't want 2 Skywalkers on my shelf.

It's down to the individual to decide how much value you get from something and I just happen to agree with Michael that's all. :)

Believe me, I tossed and turned over this for ages but just couldn't fit him in. Ironically I probably will pick up a $150 single.

I don't doubt that either but does that make it worth a $150? This hobby is extremely over priced as it is and I agree looking at the basics this is a great deal in the current climate.

This is my entire point. The current climate is what it it. It isn't 2005 anymore. Anyway, no one put out anything quite as cool as this in 2005 IMO either....

I've spent over $200 on a few figures and I will on a few more in the coming months, none of which come with a second figure or a playset. The market is what the market is. In the current climate, $300 for two figures and a playset at this quality is a steal. If this gets 2.5 stars for value, I can only imagine what the upcoming Bane figure will get!

I would rather one perfect figure in a DX box, rather than two lesser figures.

This is what the DX series was about? The best of everything, deluxe
costume, head, PERS and accessories.

Jack Sparrow is still the benchmark, followed by 89 Batman. I even think Luke's sabre is pretty cheap compared to the recent UU lighsabre. It's a great set but far from perfect.

There is no way HT would have let that sabre go out like that a year ago even? Corners cut for two figures?

sabres.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, I love controversy. So much more interesting when everyone doesn't agree.

I won't defend any of my text - I already wrote enough to explain it. But I do want to make it clear that **1/2 out of **** is not a 'bad' value score - it's average. It means you're getting what you're paying for. I can certainly see an argument for bumping that another half star, but it wouldn't have changed my Overall.

I would rather one perfect figure in a DX box, rather than two lesser figures.

This is what the DX series was about? The best of everything, deluxe
costume, head, PERS and accessories.

Jack Sparrow is still the benchmark, followed by 89 Batman. I even think Luke's sabre is pretty cheap compared to the recent UU lighsabre. It's a great set but far from perfect.

There is no way HT would have let that sabre go out like that a year ago even? Corners cut for two figures?

sabres.jpg

You mean the crispness of the sculpt or the screen accuracy? That HT saber still looks nice overall.

Those aren't depicting the same saber, and the Medi ANH saber looks terrific but cut a few corners too (that knob with the red button is supposed to have dozens of tiny grip lines, not those big bumps.)

But HT can get a little slack in detailing - the Ra headpiece that came on the staff in Indy DX was pretty soft in the sculpt Vs. the Medi headpiece, which was incredible.

You mean the crispness of the sculpt or the screen accuracy? That HT saber still looks nice overall.

Those aren't depicting the same saber, and the Medi ANH saber looks terrific but cut a few corners too (that knob with the red button is supposed to have dozens of tiny grip lines, not those big bumps.)

But HT can get a little slack in detailing - the Ra headpiece that came on the staff in Indy DX was pretty soft in the sculpt Vs. the Medi headpiece, which was incredible.

I mean the manufacturing, painting and crispness of the sculpt. It's rare to get something better from Medi?

I know it's a different sabre, but design wise almost the same. The paint on the HT is sloppy in comparison. Just using it as an example to show that the quality of the DX07 is down a little.

It's the two figures versus one conversation. Personally I would much rather a box with one figure, another outfit and head, all finished to DX Sparrow levels of quality rather than one, slightly cheaper looking set
with two full figures. Of course it's still the best Star Wars set ever released though, how could it not be.

:dunno

I'm usually in agreement with MC's reviews, but this time.. not so much. :lol

The down turned collar irritated the hell out of me too. :gah: :lol

Still - opinions vary, power to him. :peace

Ah, I love controversy. So much more interesting when everyone doesn't agree.

I won't defend any of my text - I already wrote enough to explain it. But I do want to make it clear that **1/2 out of **** is not a 'bad' value score - it's average. It means you're getting what you're paying for. I can certainly see an argument for bumping that another half star, but it wouldn't have changed my Overall.

:clap:clap:clap Agree to disagree! It's all part of the fun.

Back