Hot Toys Bespin Luke 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it. Maybe it will have PERS so people could switch the hair with the Snowspeeder version if they want.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Honestly my only interest in this figure is for picking up a couple spare belts for my DX07. Which I think still looks better than this prototype in pretty much every way. The DX07 paintwork is showing its age at this point but otherwise I think they are bizarrely still the best Hamill sculpts that Hot Toys have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the DX07 is easily the worst Hamill sculpt they've ever done, it doesn't look even remotely like the actor. There's a reason they keep re-using the ROTJ sculpt, that's because it genuinely looks like Mark Hamill.

Probably on the sculpt... but the looser outfit looks better than the superhero-tight new one.

That said, now that I look, the chest pockets do look oversized.

10475_10151083437752344_1689970438_n__scaled_800.jpg

Not feeling the head sculpt or the hair. Damn that's two big ESB losses for me so far. First Lando, now Bespin Luke. Dammit.

Why? Lando looks fantastic to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the DX07 is easily the worst Hamill sculpt they've ever done, it doesn't look even remotely like the actor. There's a reason they keep re-using the ROTJ sculpt, that's because it genuinely looks like Mark Hamill.

Yeah I have never understood the love for the non-BD DX07 sculpt.

The BD sculpt is to me still the best Luke in 1/6 (but super scene specific, so of limited use) but the non-BD has always looked like a male model who looks a little like Hamill. The hairsculpt on that non-BD head is also pretty unconvincing - more unconvincing than this new just-out-of-the-shower hairpiece.

Probably on the sculpt... but the looser outfit looks better than the superhero-tight new one.

That said, now that I look, the chest pockets do look oversized.

View attachment 497312

Yeah the new outfit is a more accurate cut/sew, but outfits that are supposed to be a bit baggy but also have a lot of applied pockets can be problematic.

The Sideshow TIE pilot and ATAT driver jumpsuits were really well done but the thickness around the big applied pockets made those areas quite flat/rigid (making both figures look like they have huge hips) and the DX07 outfit has similar issues where it won't quite drape properly.

Here's a comp of the jacket between DX07, the costume and the new 2.0 Luke (while the 2.0 jacket has better proportioned pockets, I'd argue the DX07 pants pockets are better proportioned than the 2.0):

kNo0yyO.jpg

When the PO finally arrives for the 2.0 Luke Bespin, the reaction's going to be "meh...":lol

When the PO finally arrives for the 2.0 Luke Bespin, the reaction's going to be "meh...":lol

Definitely if it looks like it does now. I mean, that outfit doesn't even look right unless it completely filthy... and I doubt HT is going to weather it to the point it needs to be.

I guess that's the one benefit of having the DX07... you can beat the hell out of it now, rip the knee, tear the pocket, get it dirty and grimy and generally torn apart. And it will look better than the squeaky clean 2.0 fatigues with better cut-and-sew. The whole "lived in" look of Star Wars kind of comes together in those dirty fatigues.

I still love the DX07, so if the 2.0 version doesn't turnout great, I'll at least still have that. But I do still hope we are just seeing an early hacked together prototype.
the_bay-10.jpg

Yeah I have never understood the love for the non-BD DX07 sculpt.

The BD sculpt is to me still the best Luke in 1/6 (but super scene specific, so of limited use) but the non-BD has always looked like a male model who looks a little like Hamill. The hairsculpt on that non-BD head is also pretty unconvincing - more unconvincing than this new just-out-of-the-shower hairpiece.

Honestly I've never understood the love for the BD sculpt either. The likeness has always seemed really weak to me, and with the hair mashed in on the sides I just find it a really ugly looking sculpt all around.

Honestly I've never understood the love for the BD sculpt either. The likeness has always seemed really weak to me, and with the hair mashed in on the sides I just find it a really ugly looking sculpt all around.

Yeah it's definitely not the most attractive sculpt in the abstract.:lol And the Liza Minnelli hair takes some getting used to.

But to me it captures that "That's not true!" gantry moment really well, even if it's like a moment where a teary actor in a big moment has puffy eyes with snot coming out of their nose.:lol The reality is, Luke looks kinda weird in that highly emotional moment HT was going for.

I think at the time, it was the best we had ... I used to own the DX07 and thought it was the stronger likeness by far, and generally used it with the non-BD hair if I recall.

But even back then, I never did get much out of the non-BD portrait.

Would be nice if they make a base for this Luke release that fits with the ESB Vader to enable a nice "I am your Father" scene.

darth-vader_star-wars_silo.jpg

darth-vader_star-wars_gallery_5c4d0a375500e.jpg

darth-vader_star-wars_gallery_5c4d0a386d167.jpg

I absolutely despise sideways eye sculpts. I like everything about this figure except that. Makes posing a real problem.
When I run for political office, banning sideways eye sculpts and production of the Death Star trooper will be the top priorities of my campaign.

If i vote for you will you please add Bespin Han to your "priority list"? ;)

If i vote for you will you please add Bespin Han to your "priority list"? ;)

Bespin han is the top priority! My political platform consists of bespin han, Death Star trooper, c3po, baze, cassian, esb Chewbacca, biker scouts, and cantinas aliens. I will also ban the reuse of sculpts and sideways glancing sculpts.

Back