Hot Toys Bespin Luke 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping for something that could be used for Dagobah AND Bespin. Maybe include a training backpack and some "luggage/cargo" from his X-Wing. Also, they could repack the Vader/Luke exclusive that came with the DX!

Whatever the case, when he goes up for PO there's going to be some heavy interrogating once we know what he'll come with. This trend of HT holding back variations of a character has kept me on my toes.

I don't have a bespin version...so this is an unexpected surprise and a definite buy for me. Hoping that head sculpt is a place holder and there's something better in the works...

:exactly: Same. I missed the first version too, as I wasn't collecting 1/6 figures when it was released, Luke is one of my all time favourite film characters so I would like to have this version in my collection...so hopefully the head sculpt will be sorted.

Getting off lightly with this Comic Con atm, this is the only figure I am interested in! :lol Bit disappointed there is no ESB Han :( hopefully he is still in the pipeline.

why is it called Bespin fatigue when he clearly wore it before he arrived at Cloud City!! In all reality it should be called Dagobah fatigue!

View attachment 461335

He wore it on Hoth too.:lecture

moXye8H.jpg

So is this pretty much the Jedi Luke version head with a new hair piece because the expression looks the same :dunno

Yeah, I tried it as a custom (without cutting into the HT ROTJ head and keeping the ROTJ hair so I can resell the head complete later) to cover the ESB Luke base until a "definitive" Luke head came along.

It's sort of funny that I did this pretty certain in the knowledge that HT was right around the corner with a Bespin Luke 2.0 and that we might get that definitive Luke sculpt.

And ironically... HT did the exact same thing I did for the custom.:slap:gah::rotfl

I mean it looks fine, the face is a bit too old for ESB, there's certainly a lot of Hamill in the sculpt (even if the likeness isn't perfect) but the teeth kinda sink it. I thought about painting out the bottom row of teeth to make it less "toothy," which I think would help a lot for this sculpt but I want to keep it untouched so I can sell it as a complete ROTJ head when the time comes.

A7Dvrsc.jpg

So it sounds like the solution to nail Mark Hamill is to actually attempt to make the sculpt look like Ashton Kutcher, that way it comes out looking more like Mark Hamill than Ashton Kutcher.

I've always been a big defender of the ROTJ sculpt before, but it doesn't seem to work with this figure or hair at all, and I'm inclined to just stick with my original one now.

i used the new luke jedi sculpt with a custom hoth luke hair for a placement holder until something awesome would come this way. maybe not

I've always been a big defender of the ROTJ sculpt before, but it doesn't seem to work with this figure or hair at all, and I'm inclined to just stick with my original one now.

Well, I think it's an older Luke - face a bit more lean and angular. His face is different ANH/ESB vs ROTJ (and in some scenes noticeably different ANH vs ESB.) He was mid twenties in ANH (looking early twenties) but in his early thirties by ROTJ (but almost looking mid thirties in some lighting.)

I wish I had the guts to paint out the lower teeth because I do think it would improve the look of the ROTJ head.

This just becomes a waiting game stretching on for years when there's no "bullseye" sculpt - it's a bit like Indy (it was for Han too, but Jnix's ANH Han nailed it for me at least.)

I'm amazed that HT did the same thing as my custom.:slap They obviously think it's a winner. I really thought I'd use these ROTJ heads for a year or two, then when "the" ANH/ESB Luke headsculpt came along (from Bespin 2.0, HT Luke X or HT Snowspeeder Luke,) I'd reunite the ROTJ heads with the ROTJ hair and sell them as complete heads for about what I paid. But what HT has done has baffled me.

Ok, so the sculpt of this new head of Luke don´t is really new....is the same head that one of the Luke Skywalker Deluxe Version...only the piece of hair is diferent.

untitwggwwgled.jpg

why is it called Bespin fatigue when he clearly wore it before he arrived at Cloud City!! In all reality it should be called Dagobah fatigue!

View attachment 461335

Well Kenner for one. But it’s also the only outfit he wears on Bespin so there would never be any confusion. He’s in the tank top for a while on Dagobah and in the altered snowspeeder outfit when he arrives (no helmet/cowl/gloves)

I like this costume the best for Luke, athe HS looks decent to me. I would get it if they put it up.

Ok, so the sculpt of this new head of Luke don´t is really new....is the same head that one of the Luke Skywalker Deluxe Version...only the piece of hair is diferent.

View attachment 461559

I am with you. I believe it is the same sculpt, different hairpiece.
I hope they do a new sculpt.

But if that is not the case, I think the major upgrade is the jacket (set of jacket and trousers to avoid color differences).
The jacket on the previous release felt too short on the sleeves.
The sleeves showed too much of the wrist pegs to my taste, even the arms.

I think this jacket looks better, tailoring is more smooth, and is bigger in size.
Especially if you think of using it on the old DX07 body, which seems to be thinner than this "bulky" ESB Luke.

That's how I see it so far.

lukeUntitled-2.jpg

if the jacket is a little longer specially in the sleeves i might upgrade it. now the boots do the original dx07 look better or do the new ones look better?

Back