Hot Toys Bespin Luke 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you mean having a non-seamless body makes the figure usable? Luke is in action in training, and if they did do the backpack you'd probably want him holding the straps ie bending the elbows all the way.

It's tricky because non-seamless with exposed joints looks bad (even Leia Endor, with sleeves partly covering the joints, is a bit of a problem) but yeah seamless you really can't bend the arms beyond maybe 90 degrees without possible damage.

My guess is you'd either have to forgo the ability to do that "gripping the straps" look because his arms are pretty much bent like a paper clip in that moment (i.e. HT having "don't bend the arms beyond 90 deg" in the instructions) or they'd need to do swappable arms - like with two arms that are uniquely sculpted in that extreme, fully bent pose.

But to me having seamless arms is essential for a Dagobah training Luke - so you can do handstand, the "raising the X-wing" type pose or even just a museum type pose.

It's tricky because non-seamless with exposed joints looks bad (even Leia Endor, with sleeves partly covering the joints, is a bit of a problem) but yeah seamless you really can't bend the arms beyond maybe 90 degrees without possible damage.

My guess is you'd either have to forgo the ability to do that "gripping the straps" look because his arms are pretty much bent like a paper clip in that moment (i.e. HT having "don't bend the arms beyond 90 deg" in the instructions) or they'd need to do swappable arms - like with two arms that are uniquely sculpted in that extreme, fully bent pose.

But to me having seamless arms is essential for a Dagobah training Luke - so you can do handstand, the "raising the X-wing" type pose or even just a museum type pose.

Different sets of static swap out arms would probably be the best option for sure.

Different sets of static swap out arms would probably be the best option for sure.

Yeah, kind of like the fully-bent arms of that old Hasbro OTC Luke Dagobah.

Maybe they could include an upside Luke head for the handstand pose based on that hasbro figure.:rotfl

XYBfRqEVUxoRJN9A2lNo7Olm310ONmP9p0ngdvTVSsretA4hpN5z0h8qc8-ezKyjcrETGAYCCzICLvuDfDb1Mg1UAx2f8KkjJw89jj0pTrwIGATV5WSv5i_a3noTw-2YH70TfiLhIoOxz0eYAc2SzhF-LgO_6624E7Rq_uq9z1Gtuqbh_uxqlnM

Just like the "toothy" HT Luke head seemed to be paying homage to this Hasbro Luke Jedi head...

SAGA-Luke-Skywalker-Throne-Room-Duel-2_Big_5.jpg

:lol

Yeah, kind of like the fully-bent arms of that old Hasbro OTC Luke Dagobah.

Maybe they could include an upside Luke head for the handstand pose based on that hasbro figure.:rotfl

XYBfRqEVUxoRJN9A2lNo7Olm310ONmP9p0ngdvTVSsretA4hpN5z0h8qc8-ezKyjcrETGAYCCzICLvuDfDb1Mg1UAx2f8KkjJw89jj0pTrwIGATV5WSv5i_a3noTw-2YH70TfiLhIoOxz0eYAc2SzhF-LgO_6624E7Rq_uq9z1Gtuqbh_uxqlnM

Just like the "toothy" HT Luke head seemed to be paying homage to this Hasbro Luke Jedi head...

SAGA-Luke-Skywalker-Throne-Room-Duel-2_Big_5.jpg

:lol

Could swap the upside down Luke head over to the Jedi version and recreate the Emperor electrocution scene for the memes.

looks like they get just a liiiiittle bit furth on this guy with each Con. I still can't seem to settle on a Luke for my collection. I had ANH and sold it. Then had ROTJ and sold it. This is looking good but idk if I want to make the rounds of buying and selling again from not being 100% satisfied like I was with the others.

I'm buying everything on that table, some figures I'll be getting 2-4 of :lol:lol:lol

HT diving into TCW and ESB really killing me :lol

Sucks we have to wait so long for some of these though. Really glad to see Bespin Luke back. Should be getting Bespin Han and Chewie/3PO soon :pray:

Hows the tailoring of the outfit compared to dx07? Any more shots?

hmmmm...buying this version of Luke means I will have to consider getting ESB Vader too, lol.

Isn't that obvious ?
Nothing was on display. The post I quoted made it sound like there was going to be some surprise Mando figure that’s coming soon or whatever. Could be, but I’m not sure Hot Toys has done NYCC specific exclusives that I remember.

Not a fan of that sweaty hair at all. Hopefully, this comes with an alternate head -- or at least hair piece. Passed on this the first time around (too pricey) so might pick it up regardless. It wouldn't look great, but I could pop on my Stormtrooper Luke's head, and use that figure as just a Stormtrooper.

Time will tell.

I actually had yet another one to add to that JJ - I've been using this HT Jedi Luke facesculpt for both my Bespin (seen above) and Dagobah arrival Lukes for over a year. The face is a bit too ROTJ but to my eye its better than the older DX Bespin Luke in a number of ways (I bumped my DX sculpt to my medical center/21B Luke.)

It's a little hard for me to get excited about these new HT snowspeeder and Bespin Lukes when they basically use the same heads as I've had on display for something close to 18 months - and even on the same outfits.:lol

BYVFFwZ.jpg

That looks great Tali. I got inspired by your custom and did the same to my DX-07 and used Hoth Luke hair. Which hair sculpt are you using in this pic? Is that the Snowspeeder Luke hair?

I really am hoping for the static arms option for Dagoba training Luke to hold the bag and do the handstand pose. Swappable arms would be the ultimate option similar to Infinity War Thor but alas I think we will see an easy release from Hot Toys and they will reuse the CW Darth Maul body to give us an exposed jointed sculpted body Luke with tank top.

I?m afraid seamless wouldn?t even be enough to give us everything we need in posing options. When you put a see less body?s arms over their head it doesn?t give us the extended traps and lifted deltoids that we see when someone is doing a handstand. An entirely sculpted upper body in that position like the swap out torso on AOU hulk would be the only option to make it look right and I?m just not certain hot toys would do that for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is definitely that same rushed proto. Maybe fooling people to PO Lando... thinking they'll get Bespin Luke. They do that all the time, Baze and Chirrut... Ant-Man and Yellowjacket... Cody and Airborne... maybe that's why the proto appears to have no new work done. Its just a tease.

Sooop much this.....

Besides let stop letting HT off so easy.

Their products are falling backward on almost every level from 5 or 10 years back.

They should be nailing every sculpt at this point , and the addons and clothing should be light years ahead of 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back