Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bespin Escape Leia was the closest to being like Bespin Han, she was only in the one photo though.

edit: Cody had quite a few shots of the Airborne Trooper in the background too.
Ha, I was just looking at a new pose for Cody tonight, now that Rex arrived. Decided on this picture, and was thinking all I need is a Utapau trooper to go with Cody now. Such a cool unique looking Clone too.

commander-cody_star-wars_gallery_5c672ed842705.jpg

Certainly not. But its further evidence that HT has something against Ford (or visa versa).

Generally when we see that much of a tease worked into another figure's PO, HT releases it within... say, a year. It's been 3 years in Han Bespin's case and still nothing.

I can't think of another time that's happened. Hence the conspiracy theory.

Can't imagine it's specific to Hot Toys. There hasn't been anything with Ford for years besides Black Series and TVC figures for him for any property as far as I can tell, definitely nothing high end. No Indiana Jones, Blade Runner, or any other character at all with his likeness. This is 100% on Ford.

Certainly not. But its further evidence that HT has something against Ford (or visa versa).

Generally when we see that much of a tease worked into another figure's PO, HT releases it within... say, a year. It's been 3 years in Han Bespin's case and still nothing.

I can't think of another time that's happened. Hence the conspiracy theory.
I agree. Definitely something with Ford. Every week I thought, this is it. The excitement from all of us when those pics showed up... Three years later and the figure is dead. Sucks

They’re definitely holding that General Kenobi and those 212th troopers back for the Kenobi show at this point you’d have to imagine. Not sure the Airborne Trooper will see the light of day any time soon though.

Why isn't anyone speculating about Natalie Portman? That Padme figure was "finished" and displayed, yet there's been nary a peep. When was the last Padme figure from Hasbro?

There have been umpteen other figures that Hot Toys has actually fully displayed in one form or another, but this Bespin Han wasn't even finished.

People are picking and choosing data points here to support this wild theory that Ford is stopping all Han Solo action figures, but that just seems so incredibly unlikely based on 30+ years of hearing that he doesn't care, and none of the OT actors have approval rights.

People are saying "Oh, well it's a new contract under Disney, so there's new rules" ... but there's zero evidence of that.

Yeah, either way - Ford, Howard, Disney, the boogeyman - we as collectors eventually have to take matters into our own hands. I agree with this idea at my very core, and it’s why my buddy and I started our IG community (KesselRunAces). Customizing is fun, but it’s also a necessity. We could wait around for months, or worse yet, years before a character gets made.

Han Solo from ESB is one of my favorite characters and most iconic looks in the whole of Star Wars. Even if Hot Toys makes him, we’re looking at late 2023 at the EARLIEST.

Did I overspend to make this guy? Yep. But I have collector’s itch and it’s a gaping hole not to have this in my collection. And frankly, I just don’t want to wait years and years.

Why isn't anyone speculating about Natalie Portman? That Padme figure was "finished" and displayed, yet there's been nary a peep. When was the last Padme figure from Hasbro?

There have been umpteen other figures that Hot Toys has actually fully displayed in one form or another, but this Bespin Han wasn't even finished.

People are picking and choosing data points here to support this wild theory that Ford is stopping all Han Solo action figures, but that just seems so incredibly unlikely based on 30+ years of hearing that he doesn't care, and none of the OT actors have approval rights.

People are saying "Oh, well it's a new contract under Disney, so there's new rules" ... but there's zero evidence of that.
Man of Hot Collectibles and Ducky already confirmed it’s coming before the end of the year. Not sure if that was in human or dog years.

Can't imagine it's specific to Hot Toys. There hasn't been anything with Ford for years besides Black Series and TVC figures for him for any property as far as I can tell, definitely nothing high end. No Indiana Jones, Blade Runner, or any other character at all with his likeness. This is 100% on Ford.
I believe OG Blade Runner has always been a problem license-wise, very little merch there. Though I believe there were some licensed 6" figures that Trevor Grove worked on for the 2049 movie.

By my estimation, the last high-end Ford things we've gotten were the following (by rough pre-order date):
- HT ANH Han (2014)
- SS TOD Indy (2014)
- SS Han Carbonite (2016)
- HT TFA Han (2016)
- SS ESB Han premium format (2017)
- HT Stormie Han (2017)

We're closing in on a 5-year drought!

Justin from Justin's Collectibles said on his stream this week that his "source" in HK said this was Sideshow calling the shots on SW figures since their main market is the U.S. and they make sixth scale figures. Of course you can put 2+2 together and assume something like that. They do have a 3PO on PO, but doesn't explain a Padme nor a Han. He also mentioned that SS was mad about HT making a Mando Luke when they have a ROTJ Luke available now. Feels like a round hole for a square peg, but no one to confirm or deny such speculation.

"source" in HK said this was Sideshow calling the shots on SW figures since their main market is the U.S. and they make sixth scale figures.
He also mentioned that SS was mad about HT making a Mando Luke when they have a ROTJ Luke available now.

Who's calling the shots again?

Who's calling the shots again?
Sideshow cause they are the U.S./UK distributor and don't want their SW sixth scale sales to drop. Announcements really don't line up totally with that line of thinking, but still possible. Not like SW has a huge market over there in China. Clearly Sideshow isn't dropping a bunch of SW sixth scale figures either.

Justin from Justin's Collectibles said on his stream this week that his "source" in HK said this was Sideshow calling the shots on SW figures since their main market is the U.S. and they make sixth scale figures. Of course you can put 2+2 together and assume something like that. They do have a 3PO on PO, but doesn't explain a Padme nor a Han. He also mentioned that SS was mad about HT making a Mando Luke when they have a ROTJ Luke available now. Feels like a round hole for a square peg, but no one to confirm or deny such speculation.
hahaha this is hilarious and stupid at the same time =].

You can line up some time frames for similar figures but some with huge gaps not represented just don't make sense. Just speculation to justify why HT slow walks OT and PT. I'd kill for an HT Hoth gear Luke and Han. Others would kill for PT releases like Mace and Padme. Yet Iron Man and Spider-Man all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back