Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just PO'd her after seeing the movie last night. I hope they make the sequel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The use of the one F-word allowed (for PG-13) was pretty well used/timed in the movie. I still remember the audience reaction in the theaters.

I want a sequel too but I’m wary of the be careful for what you wish for argument (i.e. Matrix sequels). Sometimes it’s better left off as a mystery or our imaginations.

Even though it grossed $400 million, the budget was really high @$170 million (before marketing, etc). The budget would probably need to be tightened for a sequel to be green-lit. Then there’s the whole Disney-Fox merger that may put Alita’s status in indefinite limbo.

Well with Cameron developing all of the Avatar films (which are technically Disney) I can see them throwing him a bone when it comes to Alita sequels.

The use of the one F-word allowed (for PG-13) was pretty well used/timed in the movie. I still remember the audience reaction in the theaters.
I honestly think this was the best use of the F-bomb I've seen in a movie. It was so powerful.

Well with Cameron developing all of the Avatar films (which are technically Disney) I can see them throwing him a bone when it comes to Alita sequels.
This is what I'm hoping. He has some pull with Disney and the script for the next 2 movies is already written. And Disney needs to make more than just Marvel and Star Wars. I'm worried this will be another John Carter, but Alita was more successful, so I have hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Update on Queen Studios Collectibles Alita Bust.
https://www.facebook.com/QueenStudi...bCq-_vApxNsDMf7Is9z1DX3Ti5Ab3wJfxBy&__tn__=-R

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗗𝗜𝗢𝗦 𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗔 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗭𝗘 𝗕𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗢𝗢𝗡...

We’re proud to announce an early look at the 1:1 Life-size Alita Bust by Queen Studios. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response of our fellow Alita fans so far, and we hope you like what’s coming next.

The pictures in this post are not the final product or pose. They are early 3D renders which should give you an idea of how the bust will be designed.

As you can see, for the 1:1 bust, Alita will be wearing the Berserker Body. The Berserker Body is one of the most powerful bodies Alita possesses.

Alita’s Berserker Body is made up of berserker cells which are a nanotechnological weapon. The function of the cells is to spread and assimilate the surrounding organic or inorganic material. Once connected to a functioning brain, the cells become a fully autonomous body built for destruction.

A close up look reveals that the Berserker Body has multiple layers. The core looks like a purple muscle fibre, with the outer layers looking like metallic silver, with black segments.

For the Queen Studios 1:1 bust, we’ve tried to accurately capture the purple muscle fibres, as well as the metallic silver and black segments. Although the body is layered, it is also interconnected, working as a unit. The chest area shows the harmony between the different materials and hopefully does justice to the real character.

As always, we’d love to hear your feedback 😄 and we thank you for your support! 🙏

67840477_1259477620896582_5651528391409532928_o.jpg67670283_1259477627563248_6783748900973969408_o.jpg67439004_1259477610896583_570720296584085504_o.jpg

I preordered this figure and I'm hoping it'll release in October or November and not necessarily December or January, although December would be okay since it's going to be a present for my wife who really loved the movie. My only wish is they gave her the first cyborg body instead of the second one (I liked the white porcelain look better than the purple one) but all around I have a feeling it'll be the figure of the year for 2019 or 2020.

I preordered this figure and I'm hoping it'll release in October or November and not necessarily December or January, although December would be okay since it's going to be a present for my wife who really loved the movie. My only wish is they gave her the first cyborg body instead of the second one (I liked the white porcelain look better than the purple one) but all around I have a feeling it'll be the figure of the year for 2019 or 2020.

That's going to be a great present. :)

Finally saw this today. I was surprised -- uneven it may be, but it was a good flick. Also a great Manga adaptation in terms of tone and style, I think. Curious to see how the figure turns out.

Finally saw this today. I was surprised -- uneven it may be, but it was a good flick. Also a great Manga adaptation in terms of tone and style, I think. Curious to see how the figure turns out.

It can go either way with Hot Toys, so I'm kinda worried about how the face and Berserker body will turn out. I'm still keeping my pre-order, though!

Yeah the movie has impressive visuals and great casting, but i felt after watching it kinda deceived. Like the action and visuals are meant to distract you from the poor story telling and lack of good backstory. Afterward i wanted to know more about war with URM and Earth on the moon. Alita's backstory was also lacking, like why was she discarded from the sky city to the trash if she was so unique. Was URM the good guys or the bad guys. There just wasn't enough story about the sky city either, i wanted to see what was up there. The movie was great and i fully intend to get this figure, but i wish the movie had not had that 1 hr cut out. I heard Cameron originally had a 3hr cut.

Back