Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to dump most of my Sideshow points on Alita. Glad I did before she waitlisted, but I definitely want to get her a rooted hair head sculpt at some point. She makes a great addition to my "trans-human" shelf.
Alita1.jpgAlita2.jpg

Grace Randolph said yesterday that she's hearing genuine chatter about an Alita sequel or Disney + series...let's hope these sources are concrete.

Decided to dump most of my Sideshow points on Alita. Glad I did before she waitlisted, but I definitely want to get her a rooted hair head sculpt at some point. She makes a great addition to my "trans-human" shelf.
Nice display, Stephen!

If it's a Disney+ series it would likely be animated, but that would be better than nothing I guess. As long as they got Salazar back to voice her again.
I wonder if a series might be better in terms of being able to more extensively explore the world. As much as I'd like to see a film sequel, I can't see them going beyond that, and I don't think one more would be enough to fully flesh out the story and come to a satisfying conclusion. Happy to be pleasantly surprised, though.

I'd prefer more films to continue the story in a cinematic way, but a series would be a good option too

And probably more likely to happen

Prices seem to be creeping up for Alita

My SSC waitlist just converted. Debating whether I need a 3rd Alita.

I just received 2 figures from Timewalker - I am posing one with her Berserker body holding her exposed heart and the other figure with her black outfit and sword.

A 3rd Alita might come in handy for that Daft Toys jacket/costume set and rooted head coming out in 2021. Although ideally a generic $30 body would fit into that set without having to waste a $250 figure.

Waiting for a nice display case so I can pair the Hot Toys figures with the Alita Prime 1 statue.

I'd prefer more films to continue the story in a cinematic way, but a series would be a good option too

And probably more likely to happen

Hopefully the visuals are not downgraded too much should they go the series route and continue using CG.

The stunning visuals are a large part of the appeal for Alita and they probably will not have a $170 million budget to work with like the movie.

Maybe they could stylize the CG in such a way or go animated.

Hopefully the visuals are not downgraded too much should they go the series route and continue using CG.

The stunning visuals are a large part of the appeal for Alita and they probably will not have a $170 million budget to work with like the movie.

Maybe they could stylize the CG in such a way or go animated.

No doubt, it would be downgraded massively for a series

Hello all, I just started this hobby. This is my first Hot Toys figure. I got Alita cause I was blown away by the promo pics and was a bit skeptical if they were actually able to pull it off. I'm glad I got her. It's amazing! The details are out of this world and the head sculpt is excellent. I guess they do make really awesome figures lol. Don't really like the sculpted hair, though. Would definitely look forward to getting rooted hair. Thanks for all of the great info on this thread. It's making it easier for me to find good accessories. I don't think I can attach images, yet :(

Hello all, I just started this hobby. This is my first Hot Toys figure. I got Alita cause I was blown away by the promo pics and was a bit skeptical if they were actually able to pull it off. I'm glad I got her. It's amazing! The details are out of this world and the head sculpt is excellent. I guess they do make really awesome figures lol. Don't really like the sculpted hair, though. Would definitely look forward to getting rooted hair. Thanks for all of the great info on this thread. It's making it easier for me to find good accessories. I don't think I can attach images, yet :(

Welcome to the hobby!

Yeah, this forum was very welcoming and informative when I first started collecting more seriously about a decade ago.

For me, it started when I randomly saw the Hot Toys Superman (Christopher Reeves). Since then, 1:6 collecting (and other scales/statues) became an addiction.

Be selective with what you purchase, it is very easy to fall down the rabbit hole in this not so cheap hobby - combat FOMO. [emoji23]

Welcome to the hobby!

Yeah, this forum was very welcoming and informative when I first started collecting more seriously about a decade ago.

For me, it started when I randomly saw the Hot Toys Superman (Christopher Reeves). Since then, 1:6 collecting (and other scales/statues) became an addiction.

Be selective with what you purchase, it is very easy to fall down the rabbit hole in this not so cheap hobby - combat FOMO. [emoji23]
My first HT figure was the Bank Robber Joker back in 2009. It looks quite dated now, but the first time I saw it, it was the coolest and most detailed figure I'd ever seen. It was followed shortly after by the Reeve Superman.

I don't have either figure now, but I'll always remember those were my first.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the hobby!

Great tip! FOMO is real. Definitely can see how easy it is to fall down the rabbit hole. They just keep coming out with awesome figures.

Skimmed through the last few pages, nice photos everyone! :clap She's looking spectacular! I've received my Alita, but I'm going to wrap it up and save her for Christmas Day :) Now I feel like watching the movie again!!

Cue the Swan Song!

Was watching some reviews and a reviewer compared Alita to Captain Marvel! They look so good next to each other!

ZFz6L1K.png

Back