Hot Toys- Batman TDK Busts, Bats + Joker full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The left ear is perfect, the right ear curves inward a bit, ironically, my 1/6 figure the right ear is perfect and the left curves in too much. I ordered a second 1/6 head off eBay that's perfect, I wasn't screwing around getting the figure replaced over something like that, especially cuz likely I wouldn't get an exchange.

The left ear is perfect, the right ear curves inward a bit, ironically, my 1/6 figure the right ear is perfect and the left curves in too much. I ordered a second 1/6 head off eBay that's perfect, I wasn't screwing around getting the figure replaced over something like that, especially cuz likely I wouldn't get an exchange.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion, I actually meant the 1/6 fig. :)

jokerbust01agenkolarpp3.jpg

jokerbust02agenkolargt2.jpg

jokerbust04agenkolarac3.jpg

jokerbust05agenkolarcq2.jpg

jokerbust06agenkolargx3.jpg

jokerbust07agenkolarto1.jpg

jokerbust08agenkolaryu8.jpg

jokerbust09agenkolarzl6.jpg

jokerbust10agenkolarvm0.jpg

Anyone have a shot of these two on a shelf next to some Sideshow Marvel PFs? Thanks :)

Nice images Wookster.

I have to say, my biggest gripe so far with HT Joker merchandise, and I'll be curious to see if the Bank Robber is any improvement, is that for some reason, the paint or way it was applied for the black on his eyes fades so anytime you try and shoot him with low angle lighting, he can look creepy but doesn't look like the Joker anymore, which stinks because I'd love some really creepy looking Joker photos.

Nice images Wookster.

I have to say, my biggest gripe so far with HT Joker merchandise, and I'll be curious to see if the Bank Robber is any improvement, is that for some reason, the paint or way it was applied for the black on his eyes fades so anytime you try and shoot him with low angle lighting, he can look creepy but doesn't look like the Joker anymore, which stinks because I'd love some really creepy looking Joker photos.

It's funny you should say that, as I say
"and though the eye make up looks great in person, I’m finding it difficult to capture well with my camera"
in my review!
I thought it was down to my happy snappy camera, but if you're having problems too, it must be down to its matte effect and tonal values as with less extreme lighting it looks fine-
pose1-3.jpg

facedetail3-1.jpg

It's funny you should say that, as I say
"and though the eye make up looks great in person, I’m finding it difficult to capture well with my camera"
in my review!
I thought it was down to my happy snappy camera, but if you're having problems too, it must be down to its matte effect and tonal values as with less extreme lighting it looks fine-

Not your camera at all, just how the paint reacts. I don't know if they uses a different technique than normal maybe, because the white paints on the figure and bust both have a cool, makeup look to them, not pure white, so maybe the black is done some weird way. At least the pieces look great normally, just a slight limit for photo fun, but I've never seen that happen like with Jack Sparrow figures, the eyeshadow makeup on those shows fine. HT Joker stuff almost conveys a Hannibal Lecter look when the lighting flushes away the black.

Awesome shots, Wookster! Gotta say, though, I'm still a little reticent about the eyes. Not so much the black makeup, but about the "lazy eye" syndrome. I know people are saying it's a non-issue in most cases once you have the bust in hand, but the more pictures I see, the more worried I'm getting.

Awesome shots, Wookster! Gotta say, though, I'm still a little reticent about the eyes. Not so much the black makeup, but about the "lazy eye" syndrome. I know people are saying it's a non-issue in most cases once you have the bust in hand, but the more pictures I see, the more worried I'm getting.

It's the sculpts fault on that. The one eye opening wide with the other squinted causes each eye to have very different light and shadow play and it causes lazy eye look depending on the lighting and viewing angle. HT did not paint theym lazily, it's just the design of the portrait plays tricks. It's not like some figures where the eyes are actually painted poorly.

It's the sculpts fault on that. The one eye opening wide with the other squinted causes each eye to have very different light and shadow play and it causes lazy eye look depending on the lighting and viewing angle. HT did not paint theym lazily, it's just the design of the portrait plays tricks. It's not like some figures where the eyes are actually painted poorly.

Thank God. That's much more reassuring. Just got my e-mail from BBTS today, (FINALLY!!!!). Should be getting this and the v1 Joker soon!

Back