Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Robin Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be more accurate, it was WB and McDonalds that decided on making the films to sell toys, Schumacher actually wanted to make a serious Year One adaptation.

Yeah, but he did make Batman Forever. And Batman and Robin. I think Schumacher is a great visionary director but the lesson is: if you eat ****, you stink. You can't come back afterwards and say you really wanted to do something else. He did what he did. I'm sure he made a lot of money. I am also sure he cried all the way to the bank.
Forever is less of a train wreck than B&R. I think Kilmer was at the height of his career and he suddenly found out he had signed up to be in a 1,5 hour toy commercial and he didn't like it one bit. There's that famous quote from Schumacher.
Schumacher later did Tigerland which proved that he is an amazing director. He should have walked from Forever and B&R but it's easy being clever in hindsight and I'm sure when he signed he thought that this would help his career.
I love Kilmer and thought he brought the Batman some soul. He tried. If Schumacher had been allowed to do the dark film he wanted to do and Kilmer had starred in it, I think it would have been awesome.

WB rushed into production while he was off making the Saint. Schumacher was pissed off that it was handled badly by Val's people too. He seemed seemed receptive to it on the B&R making of, it was just a scheduling thing.

From Schumacher :

“[Val Kilmer] was being irrational and ballistic with the first assistant director, the cameraman, the costume people. He was rude and inappropriate. He was childish and impossible. I was forced to tell him that this would not be tolerated for one more second. Then we had two weeks where he did not speak to me but it was bliss!”

Val Kilmer: Why Did The ‘Batman Forever’ Star Get Replaced In ‘Batman And Robin?’ :

https://www.inquisitr.com/3602549/val-kilmer-batman-forever-star-replaced-in-batman-and-robin/

The famous quote from John Frankenheimer regarding on Island of Dr. Moreau: Three things I will never do in my life. I will not walk on the moon, I will not climb Mount Everest and I will not work with Val Kilmer again." I don't think Val was easy

He was but it you watch the B&R making of he talks about it all coy, but Hey he came around finally, after his throat cancer surgery that humbled the heck out of him.

Heck we should turn into those annoying People on FB trolling every marvel comment with the release of this figure hahaha, i did my part already[emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was but it you watch the B&R making of he talks about it all coy, but Hey he came around finally, after his throat cancer surgery that humbled the heck out of him.

Heck we should turn into those annoying People on FB trolling every marvel comment with the release of this figure hahaha, i did my part already[emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what seems to be going around everywhere I read about him that a) he's a pain to work with and b) the surgery certainly made him less of a jerk and if that's true then good for him.

robin.jpgRobin 3.jpgrobin.jpg
shape of the chest should look like this

Back