Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Robin Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nipples and all?

Would it be better without the nips? Absolutely.

Still looks cool as is though. The sleek black, the gold symbol, the black/silver utility belt. It’s like the best of the ‘89 and Returns suit. As for the Sonar suit, it’s the precursor to the Batman Begins costume.

Honestly, I just want a Batman evolution set up. I have the Hot Toys Adam West, the DX 09, the Returns Batman, the Begins OC figure, the TDK Armory Bale, the Affleck Batman, regular and Armored. As a Batman fan, it doesn’t make sense for me to not want the two Kilmer suits.

While ignoring the 30th anniversary of the much more important Batman 1989? Pffffff.....

Yeah exactly. Hot Toys has never cared about anniversaries. Their releases are completely arbitrary.

I want both suits. Panther and Sonar.

Sonar to display with Robin. Panther to display by itself. I don’t care what someone says about the movies being trash, those two Batman suits are some of the best.

This is how I would display both ..Hopefully HT gets Robin’s armor colors right on the finished product

What about Clooney’s version hmmm..

im Confused, why show Robin before Batman? do they expect me to get excited for robin?
i still wait for a returns catwoman and penguin 1/6.....

this looks like a troll reveal from them

Maybe they know batman would sell so they're releasing Robin first. If they did it the other way, people may stop after buying batman

Guys, Batman Forever is a bad movie. Rose-colored glasses don't change that, nor does altering the ordering of the beginning scenes.

But that doesn't mean that a character design from a bad movie must be bad.

Nor does it mean that you can't own and enjoy the figure of a character from a bad movie.

I myself dislike "Batman v Superman," but got the two variant Batman figures (Knightmare Batman and Armored Batman) because I like those designs and I like how they are references to the comic books and the deeper mythology and history of Batman, beyond their mere functional role in the movie.

Likewise, Robin is a part of Batman's history. "Batman Forever" is a part of Batman's cinematic history. For those interested in the history of the character, and for completionists, a "Batman Forever" line is an opportunity to engage with and display a part of that history - warts and all.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

As a completionist, I would only want this if I could get the full pantheon - and I have neither the money nor the space for a "Batman Forever" pantheon. So I almost certainly won't be picking it up. But I'm happy for those of you who do want to pick it up.

As for the speculation of "Where's Batman?" and "Why Robin, but not Batman?"

It's probably as simple as "Batman's not ready to show yet, so let's show what we can." They're probably still either working on the suit or working on the sculpt or working to get its approval. No company wants to show a prototype before it's in a decent enough, "showable" state.

Like DiFabio said, the same thing happened with 89 Joker and Batman - they showed one, and then we were all up in arms about "Are they not doing Batman?! Is Batman not coming till later?!" And then they ended up being released within a month or so of each other.

You guys complain about there not being a tease or a buildup or good marketing - but that's what this is. It's clearly a tease and their way of announcing the figure line. You don't see any accessories, price tag, or release date - because it's not done yet. But they clearly want you to know that things are in the pipeline and on the way.

For me, it's a much more exciting tease than a simple Bat symbol in a brochure.

Yup I think Kilmer is coming

Will there be a Riddler or Two Face though

I bet Carrey will probably ask for a ton of money for HT to get his rights ..so we might never see a Riddler :lecture

Would buy them all.

It's funny what time does. Bad things seem charming today. Look at all the PT lovers recently.

I'd buy a Robin from Batman & Robin, but not the one from Batman Forever, I've never liked his suit. Being said that, I'd buy the panther and sonar Kilmer

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

As for the speculation of "Where's Batman?" and "Why Robin, but not Batman?"

It's probably as simple as "Batman's not ready to show yet, so let's show what we can." They're probably still either working on the suit or working on the sculpt or working to get its approval. No company wants to show a prototype before it's in a decent enough, "showable" state.

Like DiFabio said, the same thing happened with 89 Joker and Batman - they showed one, and then we were all up in arms about "Are they not doing Batman?! Is Batman not coming till later?!" And then they ended up being released within a month or so of each other.

You guys complain about there not being a tease or a buildup or good marketing - but that's what this is. It's clearly a tease and their way of announcing the figure line. You don't see any accessories, price tag, or release date - because it's not done yet. But they clearly want you to know that things are in the pipeline and on the way.

For me, it's a much more exciting tease than a simple Bat symbol in a brochure.

They tease a lot of things. I'm still waiting for my Tomorrowland figures.........

I kid of course. No one was ever waiting for those. Sure would have wanted that 1/4 Arnie T-800 or the 1/4 Dutch though. As we speak people are wondering where the hell Agent Smith from The Matrix is. He may yet come but I can well believe he won't with this company's history.

People won't really trust Hot Toys again until they tease and then actually follow up - and with a line as opposed to a single figure, as said by

We've seen it all before. 66 Batman and Robin released with no villains, same with the Batman Returns Batman and Hot Toys wonder why those figures don't sell well. Collectors want lines not a random figure here and there.

This should be exciting, of course it should. But it isn't because we all know we could find ourselves still wondering where the **** it is at SDCC 2022. There could end up being no hint of Kilmer Batman in all that time either. Meanwhile they'll be on their 12th Black Widow even though she's dead now. :lol

My god..what if Keaton Bats 2.0 89 is revealed :horror

I'll take a reissue, even.

I went cold turkey with this 1/6 stuff. I simply had it and I was about as irresponsible with my purchases as a drug addict.

9 years later, I'm doing much better in every single aspect of my life, but I simply refuse to pay aftermarket prices for anything.

I'll take a reissue, even.

I went cold turkey with this 1/6 stuff. I simply had it and I was about as irresponsible with my purchases as a drug addict.

9 years later, I'm doing much better in every single aspect of my life, but I simply refuse to pay aftermarket prices for anything.

A more articulated body ..I’d kill for

A more articulated body ..I’d kill for

Eh, I'm actually OK with it being as it was.

Eliminate PERS and that ugly seam in the back of it's head. Provide different HS's to make up for that.

The stiff body is actually an accurate part of the movie I liked.

Back