Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think I didn't notice that? I tried to seperate them withought breaking the whole stand but it just would not part. Another thing faulty with this fail of a figure. It does look alot better without the stand though.

Yes, the rubber is weak, even if you have Bruce Wayne wearing the harness too long, it WILL leave little marks.

Wont those marks fade away in time as the rubber expands back to its original shape?

Wont those marks fade away in time as the rubber expands back to its original shape?

I took the harness off like two weeks ago, or more, and the marks are still there... I think for people who are going to get this figure, they have to take the harness off as soon as possible.

wow thank god i didnt sell my tdk original batman.... although I was really tempted to when I saw the proto pics.

No, unfortunately replacements aren't available from Sideshow anymore.
I know that, was wondering if anyone thinks Hot Toys will offer free replacement boots someday if enough complain (doubt it). :(
I only see one pair sitting on eBay now for over $50 shipped.

Does anyone have an extra pair with non-loose ankles that they would like to sell? :/

I thought the same about the harness marking the rubber. I took the figure out of the box, checked that everything was ok, no obvious QC issues, took the harness off and put the whole lot back in the box. It's not a very friendly figure. That paint on the rubber feels awful, and is ridiculously easy to fingerprint/mark. Nope, I got my original suit standing proudly in the Detolf, and that still looks great after all these years.

Got my replacement body today... he fused wrist was solved, but ironically the replacement had the SAME problem of the right ankle peg beng fused to the right boot. I had asked them to disassemble every peg and all and ship separately. They did that for the wrists, but... also the replacements left ankle is floppy and loose, it comes of pop whenever you try to pose the ankles. Also they shipped it covered in lots of brown paper. small minute dusty bits of which now cover the whole rubber body and cling to i tight enough that a stiff brush has little effect in rubbing them off :dunno

EDIT: I now realise that the replacement boots ankle peg is actually broken.

Got my replacement body today... he fused wrist was solved, but ironically the replacement had the SAME problem of the right ankle peg beng fused to the right boot. I had asked them to disassemble every peg and all and ship separately. They did that for the wrists, but... also the replacements left ankle is floppy and loose, it comes of pop whenever you try to pose the ankles. Also they shipped it covered in lots of brown paper. small minute dusty bits of which now cover the whole rubber body and cling to i tight enough that a stiff brush has little effect in rubbing them off :dunno

EDIT: I now realise that the replacement boots ankle peg is actually broken.

We can talk now, for sure, that there was something wrong with the molds with this figure on HT factory.. Otherwise I can't explain this.

Just want to double check, the original Batman Begins Batman boots will fit this new Bruce Wayne release right?
I am tempted to order one of those from eBay for over $50 just to get this loose boots issue over with once and for all. :/

The OC Batman, DX02, TDK Costume Batman and the new OC one ALL SHARE the same boots...

Generally, I guess you can say they do but the DX and TDK are completely different, unique sculpts.

The OC boots are unpainted for the most part while the Demon and new Begins versions have painted details.

Yeahh... the boots from Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne 2011 have some kind of matt finish on the rubber (just like the rest of the suit), while the DX 02 feels and looks a bit more brighter. I don't know about the rest of the Batman figures, but OC looks made of a different rubber also.

Three weeks ago, I got one of these. I took one look at it, saw the indent on the side of the figure, as well as a giant shiny forehead. I promptly sent it back to SS. After Maglor's photos, there was no way I was going to spend $200 on a figure, wrestle with CS to get proper replacements for the defective parts, and then watch it deteriorate in a matter of weeks/months.

I bought the Cian head which came in today, and put it on my MMS13 figure. For $30.00, I am content.

cian1.jpg

cian2.jpg

Three weeks ago, I got one of these. I took one look at it, saw the indent on the side of the figure, as well as a giant shiny forehead. I promptly sent it back to SS. After Maglor's photos, there was no way I was going to spend $200 on a figure, wrestle with CS to get proper replacements for the defective parts, and then watch it deteriorate in a matter of weeks/months.

I bought the Cian head which came in today, and put it on my MMS13 figure. For $30.00, I am content.

cian1.jpg

cian2.jpg

Your Cian's HS looks good on the MMS13, it doesn't look undersized like some others I saw. Anyway you should check on the for sale forum sometimes some people sale the new HT bruce wayne head sculpt for a fair price (under $100).. Is a nice HS, probably the best around (well actually Adam's HS is better but you know what I mean)...

Latest posts

Back