Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/bcYppAs6ZdI?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/bcYppAs6ZdI?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

picture.php

Real ____ing nice. Would you like to provide an intelligent response?

Do you think Bale should have received an Academy Award nomination? Do you think Heath didn't deserve an Academy Award? Do you think an MTV Movie Award for "Best Hero" speaks to acting performance just as much as an Oscar for "Best Supporting Actor." Do you believe that the criticisms for the selection process nullifies the decision to nominate Heath? Do you think Heath only was nominated/won because he died (if it's that one I call bull____)?

Or do you just need a cigarette?

Here's the whole quote:

Yes Bale is perfect for Batman. He deserved the MTV Movie Award for "Best Hero" for Batman Begins. But Heath Ledger won an Academy Award...

...and Best Villain at the MTV Movie Awards

Do you think Bale should have received an Academy Award nomination? Do you think Heath didn't deserve an Academy Award? Do you think an MTV Movie Award for "Best Hero" speaks to acting performance just as much as an Oscar for "Best Supporting Actor." Do you believe that the criticisms for the selection process nullifies the decision to nominate Heath? Do you think Heath only was nominated/won because he died (if it's that one I call bull____)?

Do you have any tobacco?

That's what I though. :lol

:wink1:

In all seriousness though, you asked the wrong questions. I think the Academy is a joke, and their recognition is no standard by which to judge an actor's performance. I loved Ledger's Joker, but I think Bale's Batman in the first film was better. More layered, and the feat of integration involved for him was greater than it was for Ledger. No discredit to Heath at all, but he was the Joker all the way through. Bale had to be Bruce Wayne and Batman, and while maintaining two wholly different personae, he was able to unify them seamlessly. It was profound, and it was why Batman Begins is the best superhero movie ever made.

:wink1:

In all seriousness though, you asked the wrong questions. I think the Academy is a joke, and their recognition is no standard by which to judge an actor's performance. I loved Ledger's Joker, but I think Bale's Batman in the first film was better. More layered, and the feat of integration involved for him was greater than it was for Ledger. No discredit to Heath at all, but he was the Joker all the way through. Bale had to be Bruce Wayne and Batman, and while maintaining two wholly different personae, he was able to unify them seamlessly. It was profound, and it was why Batman Begins is the best superhero movie ever made.

Well I did ask:
Do you believe that the criticisms for the selection process nullifies the decision to nominate Heath?

Although I agree that one can't judge an actor (or even a performance) on whether it was nominated for an Oscar alone, it should be considered. A crap performance wont get nominated (I imagine that could be debated, but I'm gonna stick with that statement).

Generally, I equate acting ability with how far from there own persona the actor can go. If an actor can play wildly different characters that are all vastly different than there own personality, that's a good actor.

Looking at Bale as Batman, vs. Heath as Joker, they are both great in their roles. Bale's performance is indeed nuanced, and maybe I need to go back and watch Begins with that in mind. I just feel that Heath's performance is a more stunning example of the craft perfected. He embodies a character so different from himself so completely that Heath disappears. Sure, the makeup helps, but even without that, he just becomes the Joker. And it's a Joker that none of us had seen or imagined before.

They are both great actors and they are both great movies.

Anyway, the reason I like Begins a bit more is that I like the message of "It's what I do that defines me" more than 'The end justifies the means' which is such a big part of TDK.

I agree. They both made the characters fully real, and no one ever has. I just think the Joker was an easier job to do.

They both deserved Oscars, for what it's worth.

Well the raccoon eye makeup doesn't help, but the dress... she couldn't possible find a worse way to frame her... you know.

Small is fine, but good grief they just look retarded in that bustier or whatever it's called. :slap

I was impressed and shocked by Ledger's performance. From what I remember reading Heath developed not the character but pretty much all the details of Jokers presence (which usually either comes from the director or the actor) even proposed and modified many of the scenes and that is to me beyond him acting. He truly envisioned himself as the Joker Nolan defined and made him real beyond I believe even Nolan's imagination. The details in the voice changes, the video footage the Joker took, the constant tongue and hair movement, the madness in even his body language. It was so far off from what I was used to see him do that I did not see the slightest of him left in the movie.

Back