Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we kick up a fuss about the fear gas tool they might include it like they did the falcon for falconer(even though i believe that was always going to be included anyway).
I mean..whats scarecrow without his fear gas? ...just crow?

If we kick up a fuss about the fear gas tool they might include it like they did the falcon for falconer(even though i believe that was always going to be included anyway).
I mean..whats scarecrow without his fear gas? ...just crow?

The amazing suited potato sack.

It's ok. Maybe now we see a decent CM headsculpt show itself here amongst those that can craft one. At long last, motivation!
Not getting the set. Might try for a parted out straitjacket for my custom though.

the lack of the gas pump on Scarecrow bothers me but then I think of my Wolverine and how he didn't come with bone claws yet it's still a great figure even though he only came with 3 sets of hands total. I feel this figure set may have that same impact. I know the price is already high up there but just from seeing how wolverine is close to $300 on eBay nowadays, imagine this once it begins to get sold out and becomes even more of a rarity than it's exclusivity is already making it out it be?
I'd rather be one to buy them (if us Americans are allowed it) when they come out rather than kicking myself in the butt b/c of it's crazier price afterward like I am now with the OC bats

I think this figure will be available only in the 10 anniversary in HK i don't think they will mass produce this here is an excerpt from the HT-FB:

Celebrating Hot Toys 10th Anniversary

Many fans may have already known that this year is the 10th anniversary of Hot Toys. To celebrate our 10th years of craftsmanship and quality, we will be having our first-of-its-kind fabulous anniversary event during Christmas!

Amid guessing of the 10th anniversary special last week, here we are proud to unveil our 10th ANNIVERSARY EXHIBITION “THE 1/6TH SCALE RENAISSANCE DECADE” which will be taken place in Tokyo from Dec 24-26, 2010!

What’s more, there will be Hot Toys 10th anniversary exclusive items which will be available at the event:

-Batman Begins: 1/6th scale Batman Demon & Scarecrow Collectible Figures Set
-1/6th scale Michael Jackson (Beat It version) Collectible Figure
-20th Century Boys: 1/6th scale Friend Collectible Figure

Just like Sarah Connor and that Predator were exclusive to the "Toy Fairs". Yep, uh-huh. We'll see.

People get worked up for nothing when it comes to exclusives. There's no way figures as crucial as Michael Jackson (Beat It) and Scarecrow are going to be exclusive. No way. Hot Toys will devise some last minute ditch to get a few thousand out somehow. I honestly don't see them selling out either.

No worries.

Just like Sarah Connor and that Predator were exclusive to the "Toy Fairs". Yep, uh-huh. We'll see.

People get worked up for nothing when it comes to exclusives. There's no way figures as crucial as Michael Jackson (Beat It) and Scarecrow are going to be exclusive. No way. Hot Toys will devise some last minute ditch to get a few thousand out somehow. I honestly don't see them selling out either.

No worries.

:goodpost: ..i agree with you there dude, gunmetal ironman was the only true exclusive..as he imo was pretty much a random repaint and not a "must have" character like scarecrow or mj.

It's great if most of you guys don't get them. It means higher chance for others who truly want them at more reasonable price relative to everyone's buying and resell them.

Great figures. If they are imported to US then it's a buy.

Put me in the "nervous" camp for not getting the set. I really only want Scarecrow, Murphy NAILED the role and want the character represented on my shelf. If Demon Bats were sold on his own, I would pass, but I need Scarecrow. I will pay the money for it and sure once Demon Bats is in hand, he will grow on me. Lack of accessories for Scarecrow is frustrating for the price, but he still looks awesome and well like any rational 34 old male, I will pay $400 (with shipping) for my dollies. Im just nervous this set will be tough to get. REALLY hoping for DC Direct shipment from BBTS or another reputable retailer and not have to go thru Ebay

This will a hard pick-up. There will only be 2000 sets produced and only at this expo.
-Ron

For what it's worth T-1000 (Sarah Connor disguise) was more limited than other HT releases. Also Wook is SSC going to get a piece of these?

Last edited:
I'm mixed on these for a lot of the reasons you :FREAK:'s have mentioned. As much as I love the Batman films I really have no interest in that Demon Bat's. Looks like a great figure, but I can't see displaying him with the rest of my collection.

The Scarecrow seems 1/2 @$$ed. No Murphy headsculpt, and no kind of toxin sprayer feels like they are just cashing it in IMO. I'm still kind of interested in getting him for my collection but I feel I should be SUPER excited about this release and truthfully I'm just kind of meh. :dunno

Maybe the thing to do is wait to see a review about him and then make a decision. If prices are going to be crazy anyways might as well wait to see what the "critics" say.

That said, as much as I'm a Batman fan, there are going to be a TON of great figures this next year....a crazy price here might equal 1 1/2 figures later...

Scarecrow looks real nice, both in the suit and straight jacket.

Demon Batman, prolly would look better if his entire suit was burned and not just the top third.

2 Years ago I would have bought them, but its a pass unless Scarecrow can be had cheap.

Oh God I want that Scarecrow figure so much it hurts! Sadly because he comes with Demon Bats (which is also great) means a hefty price tag and being an exclusive means almost imedeate jacked up prices on ebay so I'll probably never get him :monkey2

:lecture:lecture:lecture
I heard that!!

I think this figure will be available only in the 10 anniversary in HK i don't think they will mass produce this here is an excerpt from the HT-FB:

Celebrating Hot Toys 10th Anniversary

Many fans may have already known that this year is the 10th anniversary of Hot Toys. To celebrate our 10th years of craftsmanship and quality, we will be having our first-of-its-kind fabulous anniversary event during Christmas!

Amid guessing of the 10th anniversary special last week, here we are proud to unveil our 10th ANNIVERSARY EXHIBITION “THE 1/6TH SCALE RENAISSANCE DECADE” which will be taken place in Tokyo from Dec 24-26, 2010!

What’s more, there will be Hot Toys 10th anniversary exclusive items which will be available at the event:

-Batman Begins: 1/6th scale Batman Demon & Scarecrow Collectible Figures Set
-1/6th scale Michael Jackson (Beat It version) Collectible Figure
-20th Century Boys: 1/6th scale Friend Collectible Figure

Half of the production is exclusive to the event (2000), the other 2000 will be distributed to the rest of the world. So it's not as exclusive as, say, the Friend figure.

Regarding price, again, price was listed much higher on the announcements for the SDCC figures than was ultimately the case, and apparently this is Hot Toys' MO. So, I would not expect these to initially cost as much as it says on the announcement.

Having said that, even if they are only $130-140 per figure, it does seem kind of pricey given that almost no accessories are coming with these guys. However, that won't stop me from getting Scarecrow.

I'm more concerned with the possibility that these will be Asian exclusives. Remember that Sideshow doesn't distribute non-Watchmen DC figures from HT apparently, and they brought the SDCC con. exclusives into the U.S., so I'm not sure how this is gonna pay out. I guess HT could release these at conventions next year and just sell them on site. Or DC Direct may have a batch coming in. 4000 (if that is the quantity) sounds like a whole bunch to me, but if you have to get these through importers who picked them up at Asian cons, expect a hefty mark-up.

Still, I would be willing to pay upwards of $250 for Scarecrow alone. . .

Back